• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Lewandowski hasn't said anything in weeks, it's his agent that seems like a total douchebag. I'm still confident he'll sign a new contract, his agent just seems to want more money and if he doesn't, we surely won't sell him to Bayern.

Just like how Kagawa renewed his contract, eh? I think he signed the extension today!

Hixx

David Sullivan's son on twitter says they aren't interested in Elmohamady.

iEuuJe1Vy50N8.gif

I mean, West Ham fans seem to believe it's him but would some little spenk really know what's going on with the transfers?

edit: mixing my Sullivan's up.

PaulLFC

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
dont need to be a rocket surgeon to work this out but #lfc's swoop for #sigurdson is now becoming real.

Good news! Well, for us anyway. Feel a bit sorry for Swansea though.

Also, rocket surgeon
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Stephen Martin is also meant to be quite reliable apparently, he think's we'll bid for Sigurdsson as well:

27m Stephen Martin ‏@stephen1martin
Liverpool will be joining the market in a few days time. I've no idea who. Other than Sigurdsson. Promise.

Mastadon

Banned
dont need to be a rocket surgeon to work this out but #lfc's swoop for #sigurdson is now becoming real.

You'll get over it when we have Gylfi!

:lol Rocket Surgeon.

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I heard a rumour that Sigurdsson is a United fan (apparently this is well known...?) and that he wouldn't be interested in a move to Liverpool.

PaulLFC

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I heard a rumour that Sigurdsson is a United fan (apparently this is well known...?) and that he wouldn't be interested in a move to Liverpool.
Yeah I've heard the United fan thing as well. Not sure if he'd let that get in the way of moving to a club though if he's earning more money, playing for a manager he likes, etc. Google translated quotes from him today in an Icelandic newspaper:

Asked whether it komi eligible to play for Liverpool said Gylfi to mbl.is;

"I have said that my desire to continue playing in the Premier League and Liverpool is completely considered. Liverpool is a big club that has a glorious history. English Premier League is the platform that I want to be and hopefully is that I continue to play in that division forward. I expect not to stay at Swansea as the uncertainty going on there and not clear who is boss, "said Gylfi.

Do you have any discussions with Brendan about a possible transfer to Liverpool?

"No, but I got in touch with him when he was appointed Liverpool manager. I wish him congratulations and thanked him for a great time at Swansea, "said Gylfi.

Meier

Any LFC fans heard anything else about Rodgers targeting Dempsey? Certainly would make sense for FSG to get him as the face of the club as far as their advertising goes for the American market.

Arnie

Also, rocket surgeon
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Stephen Martin is also meant to be quite reliable apparently, he think's we'll bid for Sigurdsson as well:

27m Stephen Martin ‏@stephen1martin
Liverpool will be joining the market in a few days time. I've no idea who. Other than Sigurdsson. Promise.

Great news. He's exactly what we're missing in terms of linking up the play from midfield to attack. Add in a rejuvenated Joe Cole and the potential for Aquilani to return (won't happen) and our squad looks immediately more threatening.

Yen

Aye, that interview was when he was 16. "I'd rather work on my dad's fishing boat than go to Liverpool." I doubt that's his mentality now.
Going by those quotes, I think if we bid, we'll get him. Assuming he isn't forced to stay.

Salvadora

Lack of Arsenal activity has got me worried. Better not be a case of 'wait until after the Euros' and then the players will have better offers.

elsk

Banned
Its looking like Ribery will be EUROs best player.

Yeah, he's on the best form of his life I think.

Btw, Juve-GAF:

Reportan en Italia que Juventus llego a un arreglo con Isla y Asamoah provenientes del Udinese. Seria muy bueno en el sistema Conte 3-5-2

Mauricio Isla and Asamoah already agreed terms with Juve.

Clegg

Kagawa moving to United is definitely a step forward in his career.

Bayern are shite

At winning Champions League finals at their own ground

elsk

Banned
Kagawa moving to United is definitely a step forward in his career.

How? Dortmund is a better side than them atm. We kicked Manchester United out of the CL two years ago with a much weaker team (van buyten, demichelis, etc), and ManU looks way more weak right now than one or two years ago.

Clegg

How? Dortmund is a better side than them atm. We kicked Manchester United out of the CL two years ago with a much weaker team (van buyten, demichelis, etc), and ManU looks way more weak right now than one or two years ago.

Sarcasm and irony is very hard display on the internet.

Fry

Andy Carroll's got this

^ France? if Evra plays, no chance you'll win :(

No Im Germany, but Ribery is on the best form of his life, like elsk said. He's going into the tournement being the best player of last season (ok, behind Ronaldo, maybe.)

Glad to hear LFC will be starting our business soon. Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a great start. Offloading Aquilani if he wants out and maybe Dempsey and Honda on sub 60k a week would be good for us too. Any Uruguayans going cheap out there?

Scum

Shitty weather in June? Only in England. Pfft!

So, Kagawa to Man Utd and Chelsea to Hazard all official now, eh? Cool. I want to see who the rest of the PL clubs are sniffing around now.

PS thoroughly enjoying my watch through of cartoons this long weekend. X-Men and Megas XLR are awesome shit! :D

Meier

So I was checking out the results of the Swedish National team to see how many goals they've conceded lately. Now obviously there will be better attendance by the time the corruptly selected World Cup rolls around, but check out the attendance of their two matches in Qatar earlier this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_Swedish_football

100 people at one match and 200 at the other. These guys probably felt like they were in grade school again with those crowds. Hah.

Facism

Gold Member
Been really surprised by Hassan Ali Kaldirim and Sercan Sararerererererer in these friendlies. Still lacking any decent strikers, though.

Ukraine was taken apart no problems, this is what happens with a competent lineup and manager that doesn't look like he's waiting for the bus whilst falling asleep in the dugout.

rififi

So I was checking out the results of the Swedish National team to see how many goals they've conceded lately. Now obviously there will be better attendance by the time the corruptly selected World Cup rolls around, but check out the attendance of their two matches in Qatar earlier this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_Swedish_football

100 people at one match and 200 at the other. These guys probably felt like they were in grade school again with those crowds. Hah.

Lol, even if it is a friendly, I still can't see them completely filling their stadiums in 2022. Though, Qatar do have 10 years to coerce people to come to the stadiums or create CGI crowds.

Fake edit: nice back assist and goal by France

elsk

Banned
Sarcasm and irony is very hard display on the internet.

I'm just curious. You said Lewa move to Bayern would be a step backwards, and then Kagawa moving to MU isn't moving backwards?

Bayern success in recent years is on level with Man United, and we're in a way better economic situation. We also have a much better squad. So I don't really see how Kagawa moving to ManU would be a step forward for him, given your analogy.

Zabojnik

Yeah, he's on the best form of his life I think.

Btw, Juve-GAF:

Mauricio Isla and Asamoah already agreed terms with Juve.

Fuck-awesome, if true. Seems like it. Asamoah is fantastic, but so is Isla. Marotta being Marotta, we signed a co-ownership deal, with an option to buy the second half next year. Nice.

So I guess this means we're betting everything on the 3-5-2, while still keeping the door for the 4-3-3 open. Caceres will be used as a CB, Lichsteiner mostly as a RB in a four-man defensive line and Isla as a RWB in a five-man midfield. What's more, both are pretty young (23) and both have BALLS, Vidal style.

Marotta, you devil!
marottaani.gif

spidye

I'm just curious. You said Lewa move to Bayern would be a step backwards, and then Kagawa moving to MU isn't moving backwards?

Bayern success in recent years is on level with Man United, and we're in a way better economic situation. We also have a much better squad. So I don't really see how Kagawa moving to ManU would be a step forward for him, given your analogy.

he just made a joke. don't take it too serious

Salvadora

I think this is the point when someone posts EPL>Bundesliga.

Clegg

I wasn't being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom