• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The Chelsea away kit looks reminiscent of a Ligue 1 strip. It's not too bad, but for a club of their standing and financial resources you'd expect Adidas to offer a little more. It's just a bit mediocre. The black one is, at least in my opinion, diabolical.

Don't worry though, when our purple abomination is revealed you can deflect any criticism right onto everyone's favorite laughing stock.

The Chelsea away kit looks reminiscent of a Ligue 1 strip. It's not too bad, but for a club of their standing and financial resources you'd expect Adidas to offer a little more. It's just a bit mediocre. The black one is, at least in my opinion, diabolical.

Don't worry though, when our purple abomination is revealed you can deflect any criticism right onto everyone's favorite laughing stock.

Seems like Warrior's design team sucks. The black anthem jacket has tribal inside as well. I think the only reason the home shirt doesn't suck is because they wanted to play it safe. What's going to happen when they feel they have more freedom?

GorillaJu

Seems like Warrior's design team sucks. The black anthem jacket has tribal inside as well. I think the only reason the home shirt doesn't suck is because they wanted to play it safe. What's going to happen when they feel they have more freedom?

Not the conclusion I came too at all :lol

Korez

Roma home 2012/13

601715_364772143583606_209630315764457_960145_375755620_n.jpg

Hixx

Steve Clarke to WBA
Chris Hughton to Norwich
Steve Bruce to Hull

Potentially busy day for managerial announcements

Arnie

Steve Clarke to WBA
Chris Hughton to Norwich
Steve Bruce to Hull

Potentially busy day for managerial announcements

Hope Clarke does well; before he came to us he'd been waiting for a position to open up as a number 1, so I'm glad he's got his opportunity, and it would be a shame if he blew it.

dc89

Earlier in the day TalkSPORTS guy out in Warsaw said looking around the city it was like they were unaware the Euro's started tomorrow.

He said he's not seen any fans as of yet, no banners, no merchandise in shops, no one wearing football shirts etc.

Arnie

Earlier in the day TalkSPORTS guy out in Warsaw said looking around the city it was like they were unaware the Euro's started tomorrow.

He said he's not seen any fans as of yet, no banners, no merchandise in shops, no one wearing football shirts etc.
Should be a laugh watching it at home then.

I basically just want Fifa to look like the incompetent tits they are.

Slizz

Too busy calling everyone Jews
sarcasm

dc89

Should be a laugh watching it at home then.

I basically just want Fifa to look like the incompetent tits they are.

He said if it improves over night he'll eat crow. But he said a day before the Euro's the place should be buzzing but it was flat.

Scary thing was, he was right by the national stadium.

dc89

Mertesacker has suffered an ankle injury in training following a collision with Boateng. Loew described it as a 'big problem'.

I think the black one looks truly awful

Agreed.

And regarding Warrior, that home kit looks wonderful, and while the away isn't perfect, they took a risk, and there was a reason they added the bib in the first place. I hope the third kit is spectacularly awful and out there, because I feel that that is the fun in having a third kit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Clegg

£22m would obviously be an opening bid for Modric. It's what clubs usually do. They start off low and then increase their valuation until the other club deems the offer acceptable.

But in this case I think the Mirror is making up this shite as they go along.

£22m would obviously be an opening bid for Modric. It's what clubs usually do. They start off low and then increase their valuation until the other club deems the offer acceptable.

Presumably bullshit. If not then it's a tester to see if Modric plays the 'I want to leave Tottenham' game again.

Clegg

Presumably bullshit. If not then it's a tester to see if Modric plays the 'I want to leave Tottenham' game again.

Chelsea offered £35m last summer and Tottenham didn't accept the bid.

There is no reason why they should accept a bid lower than that. Unless their bargaining position has been weakened by their lack of Champions League football.

Modric is more than likely going to stay at Tottenham.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

The thing is that 20-30 is about the limit that United can spend on his fee. When you take into account the wages over ~4 years, the agent fee, you're talking twice that at least. Are United going to spend that on a 27 year old? Would Levy even accept less that 40m? I just don't see it happening. Modric has shown his hand in that he got his head down and played well despite the Chelsea move being laughed off. Most probably he stays at Spurs unless a continental team comes in for him.

United would be wiser to get somebody more like Tiote or Fellaini. With Kagawa I don't really think they need to spend £40m on Modric, what they need is somebody to partner Carrick like Yaya partners Barry.

The thing is that 20-30 is about the limit that United can spend on his fee. When you take into account the wages over ~4 years, the agent fee, you're talking twice that at least. Are United going to spend that on a 27 year old? Would Levy even accept less that 40m? I just don't see it happening. Modric has shown his hand in that he got his head down and played well despite the Chelsea move being laughed off. Most probably he stays at Spurs unless a continental team comes in for him.

United would be wiser to get somebody more like Tiote or Fellaini. With Kagawa I don't really think they need to spend £40m on Modric, what they need is somebody to partner Carrick like Yaya partners Barry.

Couldn't agree more.

Clegg

Agreed.

Our midfield is crying out for someone with a bit of fight in them. I don't think Tiote is the player that best suits that though. His overall game is a bit limited. United would be on the lookout for a player that can pass as well as he can tackle.

Mastadon

Banned
Agreed.

Our midfield is crying out for someone with a bit of fight in them. I don't think Tiote is the player that best suits that though. His overall game is a bit limited. United would be on the lookout for a player that pass as well as he can tackle.

Joey Barton?

pappe

I would be absolutely okay with either one of Fellaini,Sandro,Tiote & M' Vila.

Any 1 of the 4 and we are set for the next 2-3 seasons. AT LEAST.

Clegg

Joey Barton?

I think he's vastly overrated tbh. I know some people say that if you got rid of the thugishness then he'd be a good footballer. I just don't see it though. He has a good cross but thats not the same as being a good passer. United would need someone that can retain possession when under pressure and then track back and defend when we don't have the ball. Barton possesses neither of these qualities at the highest level. He might do an ok job in the league but he'd be caught out in badly in the CL. Barton really isn't the answer. He's found his level as a mid-table player.

Someone like Daniele de Rossi would have been perfect for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom