• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Our midfield is crying out for someone with a bit of fight in them. I don't think Tiote is the player that best suits that though. His overall game is a bit limited. United would be on the lookout for a player that can pass as well as he can tackle.

Tiote is a hard worker, but he's dumb as a sack of potatoes.

Fellaini is a thug but he's fantastic. Much better player than Tiote

I think there's some astonishing underrating of Tiote going on here.

Slizz

The weather outside Miami right now is cloudy and dark, seems like its 6-7 PM here but its 9 AM, you'd think it'd be cool out right?

Nope, its 81 degrees out, weather report says feels like 91 with a humidity of 83%. I'm drowning in sweat right now.

The weather outside Miami right now is cloudy and dark, seems like its 6-7 PM here but its 9 AM, you'd think it'd be cool out right?

Nope, its 81 degrees out, weather report says feels like 91 with a humidity of 83%. I'm drowning in sweat right now.

I wish I could complain about the heat :'(

Fucking England.

Salazar

Cold in Australia. My toes are proper fucked after tonight's football. Blistered to hell. Scored with a disgraceful mishit. Demonstrated beyond doubt or remedy that my left foot is utterly useless.

LS, I would respond to the signing of Tiote the way I would when someone brought me a burger. Irrespective of the contents or quality of the burger, it is a burger.

Slizz

I wish I could complain about the heat :'(

Fucking England.

Ever have it rain and still be hot out? That's daily in the summer in Miami, raindrops hit the pavement and you can see steam as its evaporating.

EDIT: Yesterday it hailed for 10 minutes then stopped raining and the temp went to 93

That's Miami for you, and really, a lot of the U.S. high humidity. I'd rather be down there than here though

GorillaJu

This year has been super nice in Japan so far. The hottest it's been is about 20 deg and never humid. Of course it'll get as miserable as always in the next few months but for the moment I'm loving this.

Also, any United fan who would turn away Tiote or Fellaini is a bit crazy to me. You have a point regarding Fellaini's thuggish behavior (Salazar), but you're probably underrating Tiote's passing ability. He'd work well along with Carrick and Kagawa - you'd have a really balanced trio there, where with Modrić, you'd be looking more at a replacement for Carrick than a partner, IMO.

Anybody see this?

Good thing the FA are too busy defending a racist at the moment, or they'd slap an eight-game ban on a player who hasn't managed that in his whole career...

GorillaJu

Anybody see this?

Good thing the FA are too busy defending a racist at the moment, or they'd slap an eight-game ban on a player who hasn't managed that in his whole career...

Yeah it's been brought up. It's a non issue but was still careless of Pacheco and probably stupid. He is a kid though.

Speaking of Pacheco, I really hope Rodgers gives him a legitimate look in this year. He's still got fantastic technique and passing. He won the golden boot for Spain U19s just a couple of years ago after all.

If he can be taught to protect the ball a bit better I think he should have a part to play for us yet. He's not short on desire either. Despite all the dicking around he's been subjected to with the loans and the loans within the loans, he's still always maintained that his goal is to help Liverpool win trophies.

Meier

146155950377521006_BDxhXkqe_c.jpg

clearer pic. really like the gradient stripes

edit - and the rumored 3rd
Chelsea12-13Third.jpg
These are both terrible (that color blue doesnt go with white at all, especially with leaving the gap between the sash and the stripes on the shoulder) but obviously the 3rd kit is another level bad. Is there some sort of Transformers tie-in or something?

This year has been super nice in Japan so far. The hottest it's been is about 20 deg and never humid. Of course it'll get as miserable as always in the next few months but for the moment I'm loving this.

Also, any United fan who would turn away Tiote or Fellaini is a bit crazy to me. You have a point regarding Fellaini's thuggish behavior (Salazar), but you're probably underrating Tiote's passing ability. He'd work well along with Carrick and Kagawa - you'd have a really balanced trio there, where with Modrić, you'd be looking more at a replacement for Carrick than a partner, IMO.

Injuries notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure Cleverley will be starting alongside Carrick for most of the games next season. But Carrick is the wrong side of 30, and the only deep-lying United midfielder who can screen the defence. If he gets a major injury, our midfield depth starts to look shaky. I don't think signing an alternative would be a bad move, at all, especially with Pogba, our budding regista, out the door to Juve.

On the other hand, it's hard to stay optimistic about Fletcher's condition, after the Hargreaves saga (who we never really replaced, either). So, a box-to-box midfielder, for the occasions when we need steel in the middle, wouldn't hurt either. We should definitely have that option. In fact, I think it's a requirement if we go back to playing counter-attacking football properly, with the 4-3-3; no more of these predictable Serie A circa early 1990s tactics, hopefully. My (pipe) dream would be to get Sahin and Javi Martinez/M'Vila, but undoubtedly Fergie will just sign one less-fanciful midfielder; maybe a versatile figure like Juve-bound Asamoah, so as to give Fletcher (and, ugh, Anderson) a chance to recover.

I quite like the away kit it looks fine. But I shall buy the Home one on Friday and more than likely wait for Hulk to be announced before getting anything on the back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anybody see this?

what have you done

381.jpg

Terry manages to look like a conniving twat even in that advert above.

Clegg

I think anyone who fucking tries to reopen this fucking Suarez/Evra debate is a fucking idiot that fucking doesn't have any fucking sense.

Fuck.

Stubo

Wasn't the Chelsea bid for Modric £40m last year? Or was that just muppet gossip time?

Either way, I can't see him going for much less than that this year and I find it even harder to believe that SAF will be willing to part with that kind of money for him. Just pick up Fellaini or equivalent and a LB and have everything sorted nice and early please?

Also pick up some love hearts for Berba from the corner shop.

Arnie

It's thinning and he's trying his best to hold on, but fair play to him.
He's on a rung below Rooney in that regard.

Trying to construct a joke based around Downing's comments that England don't fear France, but I'm buckling under the sheer number of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom