• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

100ft 'statue' of Roy
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

OkUAa.jpg

vXWfN.jpg

Lol, love it. Nice photoshop. Wait.. it is fake right?

Feorax

Maxi Rodgriguez has run down the wing for me for the last time... :(

Funny coincidence, that leaves Sigurdsson's shirt number vacant.

I have to hear this.

Maybe cause a member here called him like the anti-Nostradamus or something

what time in to that does he start talking about GAF?

By the by, can anyone recommend the Splinter Cell HD games?

Also, Brad Muir is on FIRE during the early Pach rumblings.

Sorry I'm so late, I went into a meeting right after. I mostly found what he was saying hilarious because I don't go into gaming side, but I imagine he is right (if not a little upset with how people reacted. You could tell Jeff and Ryan were trying to tell him not to take it so hard) in general about how NeoGAF (or any online community is) react to news.

Brad Muir was also very awesome, and I can't believe how much more entertaining this podcast is than their regular ones, which are amazingly entertaining. And I have two more from today alone to listen too. It's a good day.

Sorry I'm so late, I went into a meeting right after. I mostly found what he was saying hilarious because I don't go into gaming side, but I imagine he is right (if not a little upset with how people reacted. You could tell Jeff and Ryan were trying to tell him not to take it so hard) in general about how NeoGAF (or any online community is) react to news.

Problem is he's constantly trollish and calling everyone fanboys. Then he goes on to show how completely clueless he is, like calling RTS games turnbased... Come on Michael, if you even knew what RTS stood for you would know it isn't turnbased. I'm sure he's not a bad analyst but his bullshit sometimes gets too much, especially when he acts arrogant about it.

Problem is he's constantly trollish and calling everyone fanboys. Then he goes on to show how completely clueless he is, like calling RTS games turnbased... Come on Michael, if you even knew what RTS stood for you would know it isn't turnbased. I'm sure he's not a bad analyst but his bullshit sometimes gets too much, especially when he acts arrogant about it.

Oh sure. I hadn't heard of him until today. Honestly, I find the business side of things such as video games, sports, or movies/television interesting which is where my draw towards him is. I could care less about his opinions.

Yen

Maxi has said he hasn't joined Old Boys. He's just in town for a party, according to someone who translated some article in Spanish.

bjaelke

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
@JimBoardman @discuit @frankly_lfc it has come from a few twitterers in #argentina but they've jumped the gun before the horse has vaulted

He's just dismissing that the deal has already happened. A lot of the tweets call it a confirmed deal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Any rumors/news on Arsenal's transfer dealings? Besides Podalski?

The only two Arsenal stories of note so far are RVP to City/Juventus and M'Vila to Arsenal, neither seem to be progressing very much.

I think Almunia got released as well.

jtb

Banned
Is Joel Campbell expected to play with Arsenal next season?

68avW.png

Murphy who?

doubt it. spent the whole season on loan to get his work permit sorted out. now that he's a capped international, the work permit issue would be sorted out - but i'm skeptical where he fits into the system. i've only seen a little bit of him, but, I dunno. situation reminds me of Vela, who seems to be on his way out as well.

elsk

Banned
Lahm: If Mourinho wants me, he has to come and coach in Munich.

doubt it. spent the whole season on loan to get his work permit sorted out. now that he's a capped international, the work permit issue would be sorted out - but i'm skeptical where he fits into the system. i've only seen a little bit of him, but, I dunno. situation reminds me of Vela, who seems to be on his way out as well.

Well, Vela is more of a 9. Campbell is a winger or even a #10, he could work quite well at Arsenal... way more talented than Vela.

Blablurn

Lahm: If Mourinho wants me, he has to come and coach in Munich.

Well, Vela is more of a 9. Campbell is a winger or even a #10, he could work quite well at Arsenal... way more talented than Vela.

mou doesnt have the ball to go to germany. "i dont talk german" my ass.

Zabojnik

Apparently we lifted Omar El Kaddouri from Brescia. I only know that he's a midfielder (another one?!), class 1990, Belgian of Marrocan descent. We're buying everybody ... except Verratti.

Wilbur

Banned
That Harry video is fucking golden.

I've never understood sitting at a gig, never done it in my life (apart from Conchords at the O2 because it was all seated)

Bumhead

Banned
Sky Sports reckons we're signing Joe Mattock on a free.

I didn't know he was still only 22. Seems to have been one of those players who'se been around for ages. He was fucking quality until he got his big money move to West Brom and has been shit since. Tons of potential to tap into at that age though and would be a cracking signing for nowt.

He's a brawler as well so will go well with Madine, Reda and Ranger if we get him.

Meier

So I was reading this article about Preciado (RIP) and saw this.. Mou's level of success is just plain absurd.

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho led the tributes from the Primera Liga for Preciado, writing an open letter on the Real Madrid website.

One of Preciado's high points during his six years in charge of Sporting came against Madrid when, in April 2011, his side won 1-0 at the Bernabeu. That was the first home league defeat Mourinho had suffered in more than nine years whilst in charge of Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Madrid.

Yen

M'Vila. Arsenal are snoozing and he's more than a simple holding midfielder. Do it, Fergie.

Although Arsenal are snoozing a bit, M'Villa is basically done.

Any rumors/news on Arsenal's transfer dealings? Besides Podalski?

So far Arsenal have bought Podolski and (practically) M'Villa. They also put a bid in for Giroud and are interested in Dempsey.

I think they need another solid defender though, dont know why they didnt push for Vertonhogen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom