• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Although Arsenal are snoozing a bit, M'Villa is basically done.

So far Arsenal have bought Podolski and (practically) M'Villa. They also put a bid in for Giroud and are interested in Dempsey.

I think they need another solid defender though, dont know why they didnt push for Vertonhogen.

You seem to have some kind of inside knowledge about Arsenal's transfer dealings. The most logical reason for this is that you are in fact Pat Rice.

Fry

Lol at this pic.

tumblr_m57ma5m7Gk1qe3obto1_500.jpg

rodvik

Sky Sports reckons we're signing Joe Mattock on a free.

I didn't know he was still only 22. Seems to have been one of those players who'se been around for ages. He was fucking quality until he got his big money move to West Brom and has been shit since. Tons of potential to tap into at that age though and would be a cracking signing for nowt.

He's a brawler as well so will go well with Madine, Reda and Ranger if we get him.

I think thats a good signing. Looking forward to you lot next season.

Although Arsenal are snoozing a bit, M'Villa is basically done.

So far Arsenal have bought Podolski and (practically) M'Villa. They also put a bid in for Giroud and are interested in Dempsey.

I think they need another solid defender though, dont know why they didnt push for Vertonhogen.

I hope you're right about M'Vila.The lack of transfer news is making me nervous.

Zabojnik

Aquilani, Diame and Sigurdsson are such big improvements on Adam, Spearing and Henderson it's unreal.

I guess I must be the only one here who doesn't have a hard on for Aquilani. He's a decent midfielder with sparks of brilliance, but that's about it. And that's not counting his chronic injuries ... Everybody seems to be judging his potential, not his actual performances.

Wilbur

Banned
I guess I must be the only one here who doesn't have a hard on for Aquilani. He's a decent midfielder with sparks of brilliance, but that's about it. And that's not counting his chronic injuries ... Everybody seems to be judging his potential, not his actual performances.

We're comparing him to Charlie Adam. Charlie. Adam.

Yen

I guess I must be the only one here who doesn't have a hard on for Aquilani. He's a decent midfielder with sparks of brilliance, but that's about it. And that's not counting his chronic injuries ...

We have no playmaker and Aquilani would fit right in. Had a great six months at Liverpool, and he was never seen again...

Oh yeah. Charlie Adam

Zabojnik

We have no playmaker and Aquilani would fit right in. Had a great six months at Liverpool, and he was never seen again...

Oh yeah. Charlie Adam

I'm not familiar with this Charlie Adam fella, I take it he's not that great? :) Anyway, Aquilani is not bad, I just never saw him as much of a difference maker. The fact that both Juve and Milan passed on him is pretty symptomatic, at least in my book.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, just said that to my mum. I know it's not representative of the country as a whole but its not the fucking point really.

rodvik

WTH Poland/Ukraine! Do you understand some of the hardships your people had to endure when they emigrated from your country?

I think we will be having a lot of reminders of ongoing European tensions over the next few weeks. I think the unpleasantness will kick off with the Poland/Russia game.

The Euros are going to be a shambles aren't they?

And the World Cup in Russia will be 10 times worse.

Yup.

Stubo

Haha perfect!

I'm very hesitant to get remotely excited about the Modric mumblings, but after supposedly actually being in the chase for Hazard it can be believed that a big signing is possible? I really shouldn't talk myself into muppet mode, but maybe there is more scope to do so than I previously thought about...

elsk

Banned
Just people getting crazy with 'shop, since there are a million rumors surrounding the new jersey. And most of them suck balls. Nike being Nike.

You don't need a new kit if there isn't going to be a league, silly!

obviously joking.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^I'm okay with that. I need to stop watching football one day anyway................

I don't rate Aquilani that highly either, even when he played for us. He was so inconsistent!!

But who knows, he might be the midfielder Liverpool are looking for! At worst, he's very decent.

Dat third star LOL

Sleepy

The only two Arsenal stories of note so far are RVP to City/Juventus and M'Vila to Arsenal, neither seem to be progressing very much.

This isn't a done deal though, right? I still think Arsenal will keep him.

The Euros are going to be a shambles aren't they?

And the World Cup in Russia will be 10 times worse.

A colleague of mine was actually asking about the violence/racism, etc, and showed me some youtube clips. And this from a guy who knows nothing about football but has heard of the violence. I did my best to explain the situation, but I think I made it worse. Really difficult to cast the Euros in a good light...

jtb

Banned
I refuse to believe M'Vila is done (or even close to being done) until it's on the website. I never doubt the board's eagerness to not spend money on proven players.
fucking Mata. never again letting my hopes get crushed like that! :(

edit: and all signs point to Juve and RVP in the courting stages. won't be surprised if the deal goes through - I hope it does, actually. RVP goes to a world class team that's not in the EPL, and we get a decent fee without having to face him (lol group stage seedings will probably fuck us over here) in the league. could strengthen the lineup too... poldolski + giroud, perhaps? and another defender/midfielder? I could live with that. a bit more balanced, not reliant on any single player.

Plus, fuck City. since when does city need ANOTHER big money forward?

GorillaJu

^I'm okay with that. I need to stop watching football one day anyway................

I don't rate Aquilani that highly either, even when he played for us. He was so inconsistent!!

But who knows, he might be the midfielder Liverpool are looking for! At worst, he's very decent.

Dat third star LOL

That's kind of what we need though. "At worst, decent." right now we have "at best decent, at worst, horrifying"

Yen

I'm not familiar with this Charlie Adam fella, I take it he's not that great? :) Anyway, Aquilani is not bad, I just never saw him as much of a difference maker. The fact that both Juve and Milan passed on him is pretty symptomatic, at least in my book.

Charlie Adam has no game intelligence whatsoever. The only thing he does is attempt 50 yard passes. At least once per game he will be caught with the ball 25 yards from his own goal. Add to that, he is "stocky" and one of the slowest players we have.

He be a great signing for a relegation candidate or long ball side - West Ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom