• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

3a66c788b13911e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Poor Ribery!

dc89

The Modric to United story in the Sun is just a bollocks piece designed to unsettle the player. It's written by Neil Custis who is a well known United fan and like Bob Cass, a stooge for Fergie who will help conduct transfers through the press. There is no way that the fee would be any less than 35m.

I don't think Tottenham would sell Modric for anything less than £40M imo.

Doesn't some football tournament start today?

Zabojnik

Wasn't that just Italian press? Not exactly reliable; you know, like these Modric has signed! reports.

Nah, there's more than that to it. Udinese aren't denying it and the details of the deal are well known. They just need to work out some minor kinks regarding the player who'll go to Udinese on loan / co-ownership. Until the papers are signed everything is possible I suppose, but I wouldn't be expecting surprises.

In other news, the decisive Juve - Pescara meeting for Verratti is supposed to take place next Wednesday. Rumors have it we'll come to an agreement at about 8M€, to be paid partly in cash, partly in youth players. Verratti will presumably be left at Pescara for one more year. Seal it, Marotta, then more on to the goddamn striker.

dc89

Dunno if this is already posted but Van Bommel says Dutch players were subjected to racism during a open training session.

"It's a real disgrace, especially after getting back from Auschwitz, that we are confronted by this. We will take it up with Uefa and if happens during matches we will talk to the referee and ask to leave the field."

When a Dutch journalist said he had not heard the abuse, Van Bommel replied: "You need to open your ears. If you did hear it and you don't want to hear it, it's even worse."

Independent

England have a open training session today.

Also which thread will we all be posting in during the Euro's!?

Zabojnik

Dunno if this is already posted but Van Bommel says Dutch players were subjected to racism during a open training session.

Hopefully Platini is right and we'll only hear about racism and organization realated issues in the first few days of the tournament.

dc89

Waits for dc to commit before answering.

Haha. Well I won't be doing PR for a Euro team so you should be safe, and seeing as City aren't buying anyone anytime soon you will be saved from where they are looking at houses and stuff.

FootyGAF, do we have a fantasy league for Euro 2012? Just made my team so I'll join the league if we have one set up.

Yeah we do, I think it's on the official UEFA one and the code is in the OP of the Euro thread I think

bjaelke

FootyGAF, do we have a fantasy league for Euro 2012? Just made my team so I'll join the league if we have one set up.

There are two: one for the EURO thread and one for footy-gaf. Phantom set up the later, so you'll have to ask him for the league code.

You should also join opta anfield.

Seep

Independent

England have a open training session today.

Also which thread will we all be posting in during the Euro's!?

Yeah it's just been on the radio. Monkey chants at the black players, UEFA say it's not racially motivated so they won't investigate Fucking clowns

I have a humble request footy-gaf. Could someone shop a subtle dutch flag in the upper right or lef corner of my avvy please? :) I wanna show Holland some love, but not at the expense of 47.

Good God, this transfer session is getting worse every day. Thankfully E3 got my attention this week, but reading our latest rumors is painful: if we don't buy Balzaretti (which will probably happen) we'll try to buy Peluso from Atalanta and we are trying to sign Kalou. Also, Seedorf still hasn't decided if he'll leave or stay, just like Flamini.

Italian "sports journalists" time: Al Maktoum will meet Berlusconi next week, and he'd be available to buy around 20-25% of his shares. With all that money (200M approx.) Milan would buy San Siro and Cristiano Ronaldo. I fucking love our journalists, writing nonsensical stuff all day long is my dream job.

Zabojnik

Good God, this transfer session is getting worse every day. Thankfully E3 got my attention this week, but reading our latest rumors is painful: if we don't buy Balzaretti (which will probably happen) we'll try to buy Peluso from Atalanta and we are trying to sign Kalou. Also, Seedorf still hasn't decided if he'll leave or stay, just like Flamini.

Peluso is pretty good. He's a bit like Lichtsteiner, a restless tractor.

So no one knows about abidals French number? :(

When in doubt, always go with 69. He's French after all.

So no one knows about abidals French number? :(
Doesn't he use the 3?
Peluso is pretty good. He's a bit like Lichtsteiner, a restless tractor.
The point is that I've just read on Goal.com (I know, I know) that his price is around 7M euros, and that Juve is already after him. I don't see us spending that much on a defender, even if he's promising and all.
Don't fucking touch him. :(
:lol don't worry about it :D

Zabojnik

The point is that I've just read on Goal.com (I know, I know) that his price is around 7M euros, and that Juve is already after him. I don't see us spending that much on a defender, even if he's promising and all.

Well, I don't know about 'promising', he's in his late twenties, I think. At Milan he could be a decent reserve for Zambrotta's substitute, not his actual replacement. :) Balzaretti would fit that role better, imo.
Sorry Wooden, Palermo got the shitty Arabs. :D

I love you.

You're welcome.

Blablurn

lol, scandal in germany!

related to the game against portugal our co-coach said "its time to put on the steel-helmets".

and know bild.de got all crazy. they are worse than the foreign press from time to time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So UEFA have now acknowledged 'isolated incidents of racist chanting' at the Dutch training session. This EUROs is going to be a disaster for UEFA.

Well, I don't know about 'promising', he's in his late twenties, I think. At Milan he could be a decent reserve for Zambrotta's substitute, not his actual replacement. :) Balzaretti would fit that role better, imo.
Can't be worse than Antonini, I guess. :D
:(

I'm still convinced that Emanuelson should play as LB for us, we would be pretty safe on that role with him.
Evra is using 3 for the Euros
I thought he meant the last times he played with France.

If by shitty Arabs you mean a couple of random ones that Zamps picked up from the street in some media stunt, yes. :(

Peluso is in his late twenties? Well that's almost like a youngster in Italy.

Messi

Can't be worse than Antonini, I guess. :D
:(

I'm still convinced that Emanuelson should play as LB for us, we would be pretty safe on that role with him.

I thought he meant the last times he played with France.

He used 3 before he got sick? I'll use that then

Messi

I searched on google and saw that every image has 3 as his shirt number. It seems that he always used that number, even in the 2006 WC final.

Kontrak-Baru-Bukti-Barca-Sepenuh-Hati-Buat-Abidal.jpg

Fuuuuuu that's the kit I am buying and he used 22 during the last match he played. Maybe he gave up 3 for Evra seein as 3 is Evras united number and 22 is Abi's Barca number

Ha look what I found

610x4-480x335.jpg

More evidence that he changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom