• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Japan in 2014 qualifiers, absolutely breathtaking style of play, very comparable to barca/spain.

They were unlucky against Paraguay last world cup, next world cup with Kagawa in attack should be interesting.

thaOwner

Got to watch the highlights later, surprised nobody seems to want Honda.
I have been watching the whole thing as I am getting ready to go go work. Jordan have been completely out of it. They have had one attempt at goal have been pushed back in their goal area for the entire first half even before the red card. The real star man for Japan in this game is Endo. He has been immense for Japan. Everyone else is playing very well.

K1LLER7

CSKA asking too much iirc, plus he's had some injuries too I think, but it's mainly down to price.

I still remember watching him at WC 2010, I was so so impressed.
I remember that His free kicks that tournament were unbelievable, especially with that shitty ball they used. He, Forlan and Ozil were the stand out players that world cup.

CSKA asking too much iirc, plus he's had some injuries too I think, but it's mainly down to price.

I still remember watching him at WC 2010, I was so so impressed.

CSKA are asking something like £15million for him last I heard, they bought him for £6.5million. He's well known to not be too happy in Russia and has had bad injuries lately. Only 2 years left on his contract too.

Asian (Japan+S.Korea) players are currently spectacularly undervalued in their home leagues in my opinion. Usami is another good shout since Bayern didn't exercise their option on his loan. Nagatomo is boss too, shame he went to Inter. Chung-Young Lee is going to leave Bolton so he'd be a good pick up as well.

It's a shame Endo never left Gamba Osaka. Good one-club man but he could've been a star in Europe.

BREAKING NEWS: Poland boss Franciszek Smuda says Robert Lewandowski is going to Manchester United http://t.co/4oiu19ZH

Goal.com.

"In my opinion, in a moment they will be gone from Borussia [Dortmund],” Smuda told Reuters.

“Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real [Madrid].

xtiKz.jpg

"In my opinion, in a moment they will be gone from Borussia [Dortmund],” Smuda told Reuters.

“Lewy' is going to Manchester United, Kuba also somewhere in England, Piszczek to Real [Madrid].

xtiKz.jpg

Why would anyone want to leave BVB right now? Some of the biggest crowds in Europe, German Champions, Cup Winners, Champions League. Something big is being built there, if people go it's for the money and nowt else. Decent reason to be fair, they are professionals, but still.

Sloosha

CSKA are asking something like £15million for him last I heard, they bought him for £6.5million. He's well known to not be too happy in Russia and has had bad injuries lately. Only 2 years left on his contract too.

Asian (Japan+S.Korea) players are currently spectacularly undervalued in their home leagues in my opinion. Usami is another good shout since Bayern didn't exercise their option on his loan. Nagatomo is boss too, shame he went to Inter. Chung-Young Lee is going to leave Bolton so he'd be a good pick up as well.

It's a shame Endo never left Gamba Osaka. Good one-club man but he could've been a star in Europe.

Interested to see where CYL ends up. We need him back in the NT so bad.

Interested to see where CYL ends up. We need him back in the NT so bad.

Liverpool could do well to take him if he's cheap. Every time I saw him for Bolton he looked classy on the ball with good work rate as well. Bolton were relegated so if we can get him for under £6million I'd be happy.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool could do well to take him if he's cheap. Every time I saw him for Bolton he looked classy on the ball with good work rate as well. Bolton were relegated so if we can get him for under £6million I'd be happy.

Yeah Bolton have a few good players to pick up. Lee, Holden and Mark Davies especially.

flake

If they play like how they are playing today, Australia won't stand a chance against them. They are playing some beautiful football out there.

We're going to be more defensively organised than this shambles of a team. But theres no doubt that Japan's squad is far more talented than Australias.

Why would anyone want to leave BVB right now? Some of the biggest crowds in Europe, German Champions, Cup Winners, Champions League. Something big is being built there, if people go it's for the money and nowt else. Decent reason to be fair, they are professionals, but still.
We actually told every player that he should leave instantly. Götze is going to Real, Hummels to Bayern, Owomoyela to Barca. We make a shitload of money, buy a very cheap shit team and the rest of the money will give the fans at the stadium free beer so they are able to handle the awful shit football we'll play.

Milchmonster's lip is quivering.

lol no. Kuba might leave, Lewandowski won't go if there isn't some crazy offer (30m+) and there's no way Piszczek will leave.

Yeah Bolton have a few good players to pick up. Lee, Holden and Mark Davies especially.

Holden's another good shout. Also I think someone posted the list of players who are currently out of contract a few pages back. There's a few gems out there available for free, Diame for instance who Liverpool have reportedly signed was one. Steven Fletcher and Jarvis from Wolves might be available cheap too. Good pickings to be had.

flake

The undeafeated 2010 World Cup heroes of New Zealand have gone down to New Caledonia 0-2 in a WC qualifier. Oh my! lol

http://duniasoccer.com/var/gramedia/storage/images/duniasoccer/internasional/liga-spanyol/news/kontrak-baru-bukti-barca-sepenuh-hati-buat-abidal/6844846-1-ind-ID/Kontrak-Baru-Bukti-Barca-Sepenuh-Hati-Buat-Abidal.jpg[img]

Fuuuuuu that's the kit I am buying and he used 22 during the last match he played. [B]Maybe he gave up 3 for Evra seein as 3 is Evras united number and 22 is Abi's Barca number[/B]

Ha look what I found

[img]http://www.totalbarca.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/610x4-480x335.jpg[img]

More evidence that he changed[/QUOTE]
I see, that makes sense. Now that I think about it, the kits that I've found were pretty old, and the new ones always had 22.

doicare

Bless you, child.
Most of his goals are just shit tap-ins from less than 6 yards with the goalkeeper out of position:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_72W5EdRgD4

And in this past season in the Bundesliga & Champions League he has a 'stunning' pass accuracy of only 63.2% which is diabolically bad, most world class players are over 80% nearer 90%.

Not good enough by a long shot, Javier Hernández is already better than him.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea's website informs me that Mark Hoppus is a Chelsea fan. Well there you go.

More reason to hate Chelsea.

Most of his goals are just shit tap-ins from less than 6 yards with the goalkeeper out of position:

And in this past season in the Bundesliga & Champions League he has a 'stunning' pass accuracy of only 63.2% which is diabolically bad.

Not good enough by a long shot.

Yeah, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Javier Hernandez are fantastic passers that score all their goals from 35 yards.

And in this past season in the Bundesliga & Champions League he has a 'stunning' pass accuracy of only 63.2% which is diabolically bad, most world class players are over 80% nearer 90%.

It would be cool if all people thought like you. That way we could keep that shitty striker Lewandowski without a problem and there would be no rumors every other day.

elseanio

What do you mean by 'already'? You're saying you don't need a striker because you have Rooney and Javier?

In between flicking through the EURO racism thread and doicare's comment my brain is really starting to ache. Oh well, at least we've got football to watch for the next few weeks :D

Went to see Coldplay at the Stadium of Light last night, I think it says a lot that their flashing wristbands are the best part of that show.

PaulLFC

Made a Picklive league for the Euros if anyone's interested in joining. Similar to fantasy football except it seems you can pick whichever players you want for your starting 11, and the points and league table for the game update live in play. At least, that's what used to happen, the last time I played it was a while ago.

Anyway, if anyone's interested: League link (free entry)

This runs for the whole tournament, but we could always do one just for the knockout stages if this is too short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom