• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Seems like Mancini has finally realised that Nasri is rancid shite.

Not really a plus though as City will actually be clever with their signings and buy a player that can contribute something meaningful on the pitch.

Feorax

What is Liverpool's level? Diame, Sigurdsson - good players but not players that were out of reach of any midtable club

Diame and Sigudsson would be going into our midfield, which still does have some quality and depth, although has some players that need to be moved on (Adam and Spearing for starters).

In terms of upfront, we have Carroll, who we still don't know if he will carry on his form from the end of last season, Suarez who is about as loose a cannon as you can get at times, Downing who is Downing, Bellamy who can't really play consecutive games, Maxi who is likely to go, and maybe Sterling if Rodgers decides he is ready.

Diame and Sigurdsson are good players who would bolster our midfield. I'm not saying Bendtner isn't a good player, but if he's the only attacking player we buy this summer, I can't see him being a fix for the above.

So Conte and Paratici were in Poland to check on Lewandowski. Not sure how he'd stand up to Serie A and how he'd fit in our high pressure, possession tactics (I heard his pass ratio was terrible :p), but I don't think he'd be a bad fit necessarily.

RVP still remains the #1 target. I don't think his performances in Euros can possibly raise his values, although I do think that if he picks up a knock that might be it for Juve interest unless Arsenal is willing to knock some money off the tag.

It looks like our second choice remains Cavani ahead of Lewandowski (I suppose that takes Higuain off the table? Not sure how that happened, all the same....) but the supposed offer is 40m + Matri. Uh, no thanks. My problem is: 1) Cavani is not 40m. We can buy RVP + a LB, or Lewandowski + a LB + a backup CB for that much money. 2) I don't think Matri has been as prolific as he could be but he's still a very good striker who, as Adam Digby was so kind to point out to me on Twitter, has one of the best conversion ratio of most strikers with 10+ goals (Milito and Klose best him). With a proper playmaker like Giovinco feeding him balls into the box he could become more prolific than before.

keit4

Banned
Ey Sporting Lisboa fans, looks like André Santos is going to play loaned (with buy option) for Deportivo de la Coruña the next season, your thoughts about this player?

dc89

Seems like Mancini has finally realised that Nasri is rancid shite.

Not really a plus though as City will actually be clever with their signings and buy a player that can contribute something meaningful on the pitch.

I still expect him to be at City next season.

Hell, I might get a Nasri shirt next season!

Salazar

Hell, I might get a Nasri shirt next season!

HVgAZ.gif

Only if it's heavily discounted, dc.

WJD

I don't know whether to spend my time in here or in the Euro thread when games are on.

First world problem.

elseanio

"Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
Why are people giving me loads about England saying "cant get in squad etc". On ability I walk in the squad, on behaviour i don't... #fact"

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

LegoArmo

If only he hadn't have got sent off in the last game of the season, Hodgson might have gave him a chance, and he'd be sure to lead England to the cup.

Wilbur

Banned
Willbury is Top-Poster in this thread and in the Euro one #unstoppable

Over 800.

Freewheelin', make him bathe on occasion and ensure that he's eating right.

would have love to give him the #hattrick if he was leading poster in the usa football thread. but i guess this is too much to ask for

First of all I bathe regularly. Smell my piece if you don't believe me. Just been posting a lot because my girlfriends on holiday and a lot of people aren't home from uni yet so I'm sitting in most nights.

Flight of the Conchords S2 is so good.

McLeish is probably a bit like Murray as a manager.

Reckon he done the register before every training session?

Also lol at Nasri, fucking gimp. Hope he goes to Anzhi and is never heard of again.

Nick Powell, gimme. Get him in the reserves for a year then if he isn't getting first team send him out on loan. But preferably integrate that bad boy.

What else... RVP. Yeah go Juve, Arsenal and City tears will be delicious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Conte and Paratici were in Poland to check on Lewandowski. Not sure how he'd stand up to Serie A and how he'd fit in our high pressure, possession tactics (I heard his pass ratio was terrible :p), but I don't think he'd be a bad fit necessarily.

RVP still remains the #1 target. I don't think his performances in Euros can possibly raise his values, although I do think that if he picks up a knock that might be it for Juve interest unless Arsenal is willing to knock some money off the tag.

It looks like our second choice remains Cavani ahead of Lewandowski (I suppose that takes Higuain off the table? Not sure how that happened, all the same....) but the supposed offer is 40m + Matri. Uh, no thanks. My problem is: 1) Cavani is not 40m. We can buy RVP + a LB, or Lewandowski + a LB + a backup CB for that much money. 2) I don't think Matri has been as prolific as he could be but he's still a very good striker who, as Adam Digby was so kind to point out to me on Twitter, has one of the best conversion ratio of most strikers with 10+ goals (Milito and Klose best him). With a proper playmaker like Giovinco feeding him balls into the box he could become more prolific than before.

Adam never points out kindly :p

dc89

Pretty jealous of the gaffers with Triad kits made without uranium.

Wait, what?

---

City tears if RVP went to Juve? I didn't know we'd be losing him to another club.

City tears would only occur if someone of vital importance to City actually left. But I can't see that happening this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
By holiday, I presume you mean half term.

Ironically yes

shes doing placement at a primary school, and her mum also works at another primary school so half term was the only time they could book holiday so fuck you I'm not a paedophile even if sometimes they just look so beautiful

Adam never points out kindly :p

I know. :p

I was going to give a rebuttal but it wasn't worth it. Yes, Vucinic was incredibly wasteful but that doesn't mean that Matri didn't miss just a bunch of absolute sitters that a striker in form should have put in. If he was so clinical as Adam asserted, then why didn't Matri score in his last 9 appearances? Why did Conte decide that MARCO BORRIELLO was a better starting 11 striker than Matri?

I like Matri, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as he was in his first half season with us. Maybe if you stitched together end of last season and beginning of this season, then yes he was amazing, but he needs to do it over a full season to get the starting role at Juventus. And if he's fighting van Persie for a starting spot, you can guess who will be the better finisher.

All the same, I still wouldn't sacrifice him or Quagliarella for transfer funds. I might even keep Borriello around if we can get him for 5m or under. You just never know what the season is going to bring so I'd rather be over prepared.

Mastadon

Banned
Ironically yes

shes doing placement at a primary school, and her mum also works at another primary school so half term was the only time they could book holiday so fuck you I'm not a paedophile even if sometimes they just look so beautiful

My sister has just started a primary school placement. How's your GF finding it?

Wilbur

Banned
My sister has just started a primary school placement. How's your GF finding it?

At first she said it was really hard, struggling with the ridiculously early hours and everything, but since she's started teaching and getting to know the kids more she's really enjoying it. Done 7 weeks, last week is this week coming. Your sister literally just started or has she done a week or so?

elsk

Banned
Barca interested in Miroslav Klose as an experienced back-up, according to "Bild". Klose's agent: no comment

what

spanish cunt referee track record of this season:
ufwPr.jpg

Notice the x7 cards in the Marseille-Bayern match. 5 of those cards were for Bayern players. Spanish Cunt.

Mastadon

Banned
At first she said it was really hard, struggling with the ridiculously early hours and everything, but since she's started teaching and getting to know the kids more she's really enjoying it. Done 7 weeks, last week is this week coming. Your sister literally just started or has she done a week or so?

I think she's done two weeks now, could be wrong though. From what she was saying she's had pretty much a similar experience in terms of how overwhelming it is, but she's enjoying it overall. It's definitely harder than she was expecting!

You should post in dating-GAF. You'd be a shining beacon of hope to all the single guys out there!

Barca interested in Miroslav Klose as an experienced back-up, according to "Bild". Klose's agent: no comment

what

spanish cunt referee track record of this season:
ufwPr.jpg

Notice the x7 cards in the Marseille-Bayern match. 5 of those cards were for Bayern players. Spanish Cunt.

That's what happens when your team doesn't make Champions. Serie A is really hurting without that 4th spot.

Wilbur

Banned
I think she's done two weeks now, could be wrong though. From what she was saying she's had pretty much a similar experience in terms of how overwhelming it is, but she's enjoying it overall. It's definitely harder than she was expecting!

You should post in dating-GAF. You'd be a shining beacon of hope to all the single guys out there!

Sounds horrendously overwhelming at first but it must be so rewarding. I'm doing a post graduate teacher training course (secondary school guys, does that really count as paedophilia?) and I'm really looking forward to it. 2 years left though.

Mastadon

Banned
Sounds horrendously overwhelming at first but it must be so rewarding. I'm doing a post graduate teacher training course (secondary school guys, does that really count as paedophilia?) and I'm really looking forward to it. 2 years left though.

That's brave man. I remember what a vicious little bastard I was at secondary school, and I was one of the good kids!

I don't understand what are you saying there? Talking about Lazio?

Sorry, yeah, Lazio. They finished in fourth and if that was still good enough for Champions League in Serie A then Klose would have been more likely to stay. As it stands, Europa League isn't a good enough incentive (which is a problem that UEFA needs to sort out because that can be a quality tournament worthy of teams and players taking seriously). I figure if Lazio ended up in third than they would have had a really good chance at keeping Klose for another year or so before he moved on, but now? Probably not.

Edit: If Rangers can find a way around the one-year transfer ban, Gattuso is going to sign. In which case, as a huge admirer of the man, what choice to I have but to by a Rangers kit and troll all my mates who support Celtic?

sohois

I teach teenagers myself, though my situation is somewhat unique. My students are annoyingly useless, absurdly reticent to answer even the most basic of questions (assuming they even know the answer) and I'm consistently shocked at how lazy they are despite the fact that they put in considerably more effort than I ever did. Other than that I quite like the job.

elsk

Banned
Sorry, yeah, Lazio. They finished in fourth and if that was still good enough for Champions League in Serie A then Klose would have been more likely to stay. As it stands, Europa League isn't a good enough incentive (which is a problem that UEFA needs to sort out because that can be a quality tournament worthy of teams and players taking seriously). I figure if Lazio ended up in third than they would have had a really good chance at keeping Klose for another year or so before he moved on, but now? Probably not.

I don't think he's desperate to leave. He just wanted to be a starter (get minutes), that's the reason why he left Bayern... I doubt he is going to accept a bench role in Barcelona, that would be pretty much Bayern scenario all over again, unless they're planning in seriously using him.

His main ambition is to stay fit so he can play in the WC2014, I doubt he cares about CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom