• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Goal.com, Cristian Obodo (Lecce's midfielder) has been kidnapped this morning in Nigeria. The nigerian government confirmed it and they're currently waiting new infos from the group that captured him.

Fuck :(

Be safe Obodo. Hopefully this ends happily. :(

So apparently Juventus signed in 21 Belgian striker/trequartista of Moroccan descent named Omar El Kaddouri. Played a couple seasons ago in Brescia but most recently at Sudtirol. No idea about this guy. I'm assuming he's going directly into our already crowded primavera squad.

Slizz

A Liverpool fan was murdered in London before the Carling Cup final, should we not have any more tournaments there?

I'd understand if this was specifically football related violence, but nothing so far suggests it was.

A detail that seems to be overlooked in this little article is the fact that the man was not a football fan and had been missing a month prior. They just found his body recently.

Slizz

How do you know he's not a football fan? It says so in the article.

It does but it doesn't add up. He's vacationing in preparation for the EURO's a month ahead of time in a small ass town thousands of miles away from where the Spain national team will be training at.

I'm sure he is Spanish and enjoys football, but to say he was a Spanish football fan vacationing in prep for the EURO's in an area in no real proximity to where the Spain team is playing is a bit odd.

caramac

Lets face it, any violent or racial incidents in Poland/Ukraine over the next few weeks are going to be connected to football in some way by the media.

GorillaJu

image.php

Scott Parker looks a lot like the gay dude from GIRLS on HBO

tumblr_m3atpfqLwR1rtgm7to1_500.png

Wilbur

Banned
My plan for today:

5:00 to 5:45 - first half
5:45 to 6:00 - shower
6:00 to 6:45 - second half
6:45 to 7:45 - dinner and get dressed
7:45 to 9:30 - match
9:30 - get smashed

GorillaJu

My plan for today:

5:00 to 5:45 - first half
5:45 to 6:00 - shower
6:00 to 6:45 - second half
6:45 to 7:45 - dinner and get dressed
7:45 to 9:30 - match
9:30 - get smashed

I also take showers during half time. It's the only way I can cull the anxiousness.

Messi on the cover of Fifa 13 wooo. Lol there was this clueless guy on the live e3 thread "Did this guy just say Messi is the best? Ronaldo wants a word" Or something along those lines. Got a laugh out of it.

On the actual game though.. Didn't look like they added anything to it :lol except they made it social, whatever that is supposed to mean.

I've played five straight matches of FUT today. My keeper (three different ones) have yet to make a single save. I think the GA is about 20, GF is about 12. I should have taken pictures of the shots...literally not a single save. This game can be such bullshit.

bjaelke

Netherlands are playing all their games at the same stadium which can be seen in the stands - 17k Dutch fans compared to 1.7k Danes. A bit like the EURO thread.

Meier

Cheers guys, keep the suggestions coming; I'm going to scout them all now. The three of us are sat with laptops in the front room, primed for the football later.
Lenny Nangis is very good as are a few other young French strikers. Send a scout there and only look for guys under 20 and a few will pop up. I'm just on my phone otherwise I'd look em up.

But as mentioned, do everything in your power to get Khouma Babacar. I think he'd set you back £10 million or so to start but he's worth every penny. Best in the game. Lacina Traore is cheap and solid as well.

Vaclav Kadlec is Khouma's equivalent in FM12 but I didn't buy him in 11. I've heard he was quite good in it as well.

Meier

If the Nasri news is real, I'd say it's more about his continuing to openly run his mouth off about Arsenal than his performance. He played better in the second half of the season -- certainly well enough to not decide to sell him after 1 season.

I am sure Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour don't appreciate Nasri's spouting off because it goes against the team persona they're cultivating. They do a lot to make sure City looks good in the press. Mancini may talk about other players and Mario may do stupid shit, but they don't talk shit about other players or teams.

fuenf

Bild just confirmend the Neuer – Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm – Khedira, Schweinsteiger – Müller, Özil, Podolski – Gomez Lineup.

Looks perfect.

If the Nasri news is real, I'd say it's more about his continuing to openly run his mouth off about Arsenal than his performance. He played better in the second half of the season -- certainly well enough to not decide to sell him after 1 season.

I am sure Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour don't appreciate Nasri's spouting off because it goes against the team persona they're cultivating. They do a lot to make sure City looks good in the press. Mancini may talk about other players and Mario may do stupid shit, but they don't talk shit about other players or teams.
:lol

"Team persona they are cultivating".

They let Tevez back into the team.

If the news is true, it's not because Nasri is a dick. He's not even that much of a dick when it comes to Arsenal.

Arnie

Martin Keown just said, "Why doesn't he just pull the trigger and shoot himself?"

There may be a comma in there, but I'm choosing to ignore it.

Meier

:lol

"Team persona they are cultivating".

They let Tevez back into the team.

If the news is true, it's not because Nasri is a dick. He's not even that much of a dick when it comes to Arsenal.

Tevez is a lazy asshole who turned on his own team, but he doesn't try and make other teams look bad. Nasri has kept at it and I'm sure it's been frowned upon.

I still think Tevez will be sold personally.

Yen

Oh we know...

As for Mancini talking about other players, saying he's interested in player x is every bit as bad as trash talking another team.

Tevez is a lazy asshole who turned on his own team, but he doesn't try and make other teams look bad. Nasri has kept at it and I'm sure it's been frowned upon.

I still think Tevez will be sold personally.
Tevez has done 100X time more damage to City's plan to "cultivate" a team persona than Nasri probably ever will do.

Yet when needed Tevez was invited back into the fold. If you're good enough you will be forgiven. Is Nasri is sold it won't be because he's doing some kind of untold damage to City's image. He isn't.

I don't see it myself anyway.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah this Nasri talk is stupid. If he's going it's because they don't rate him.

Great goal by Krohn-Delhi. Who's he play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom