• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtube reconnaissance suggests that Strootman would be godlike.

Decision-making seems a bit impetuous at times, but he can really goddamn move.

Interested in him a lot too. Can't wait to see if this comes to fruition. We really need to get smart in the transfer game. Once again Modric is an unnecessary lazy signing.

I think he would be very good along-side Carrick. Carrick still sitting and Strootman roaming about, breaking things up and driving with the ball, he seems a very dynamic player, a type we simply don't have in the midfield. Not a DM as such, but he can do alot of defensive work, further up the pitch also, as well as pass and shoot. He isn't a genius play-maker or anything like that, but he'd complement Carrick well and slot in nicely into the side.

It makes so much sense. At a good age at 22, breaking into the Dutch team and wouldn't cost the earth. It's not gonna happen but how I wish it would. I would much prefer that then spending stupid money on Modric, who although a great player wouldn't add any steel to our midfield.

I just hope he doesn't get on the radar of too many people. It seems we do the opening bid and just get over run by the bigger spenders

fuenf

I don't think he's desperate to leave. He just wanted to be a starter (get minutes), that's the reason why he left Bayern... I doubt he is going to accept a bench role in Barcelona, that would be pretty much Bayern scenario all over again, unless they're planning in seriously using him.

His main ambition is to stay fit so he can play in the WC2014, I doubt he cares about CL.

I'm not sure, i think winning the CL with Barca could be all the motivation he needs. He would fit in well with the team and easily score 20+ goals for them (even as bench player). The 2014 World Cup is just to far off and with the likes of Podolski, Gomez, Müller, Reus, Schürrle and possibly young guys like Schieber, Yesil it just seems unlikely that he's the starting foward for Germany in 2014.

edit: A bench role might even be the best case scenario for him. For the last 2-3 years he ALWAYS broke down in the second half the season.

fuenf

Rumour is that Hummels will start.

Dooooo it, Löw

There's no way Mertesacker, Schweini and Klose will all start. So it's a question who's the odd man out... i guess Schweini will start because they pretty much need him to find his form for the latter games / game against the Netherlands. As for the other two it's a crapshoot really. Hummels + Gomez would be ideal, though.

elsk

Banned
There's no way Mertesacker, Schweini and Klose will all start. So it's a question who's the odd man out... i guess Schweini will start because they pretty much need him to find his form for the latter games / game against the Netherlands. As for the other two it's a crapshoot really. Hummels + Gomez would be ideal, though.

Germany XI according to newest reports: Neuer- Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Khedira - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Gomez

After our meltdown yesterday against Panamá... I better watch some Euros to survive :(

Charles

Hey guys! Things are looking good for Verratti to Juve! Pescara's president said that the two sides will meet on Wednesday to discuss which youngsters we're willing to trade (plus money) for him :)

We will probably have to let him stay at Pescara for at least another season but I don't really mind that part.

yella

Good morning everyone. Is the Euro fantasy league you guys are playing in still open? If so, how can I register? Thanks in advance.

Gambit

Germany XI according to newest reports: Neuer- Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Khedira - Müller, Özil, Podolski - Gomez
(

That would be fantastic!

Klose is a much better player when coming off the bench than Gomez off the bench.

This way Löw has more options.

elsk

Banned
L'Equipe says Nasri no longer in Mancini #MCFC plans for next season, adds Mancio has set sights on... Sessegnon.

hahahahhaha

Arnie

I'm in a network game of FM11 with some housmates, can someone suggest a good, cheap striker who'd come to Blackpool (in the premiership)? I need a star striker to keep me up, and I don't think I can win the battle of wages with my friend for Christian Benitez.

elsk

Banned
I'm in a network game of FM11 with some housmates, can someone suggest a good, cheap striker who'd come to Blackpool (in the premiership)? I need a star striker to keep me up, and I don't think I can win the battle of wages with my friend for Christian Benitez.

Look for Samed Yesil (Bayer Leverkusen, 17years old).
Helmes from Wolfsburg
Bas Dost from Heerenveen.

fake edit: don't know if Yesil is on fm11

Scum

I remember Khouma Babacar at Fiorentina was always bloody good. Can't remember if he was costly though.

sohois

Acquafresca? I have no idea if he would move to Blackpool, but what I do know is that in my current FM11 save he became unstoppable for Liverpool and scored like 30 goals a season. But that probably won't happen for a few years, plus since Potential ability is randomized to an extent it probably won't help.

I always start out in the conference anyway when I play FM so I don't really take notice of the top leagues for 4 years.

According to Goal.com, Cristian Obodo (Lecce's midfielder) has been kidnapped this morning in Nigeria. The nigerian government confirmed it and they're currently waiting new infos from the group that captured him.

Arnie

Cheers guys, keep the suggestions coming; I'm going to scout them all now. The three of us are sat with laptops in the front room, primed for the football later.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
L'Equipe says Nasri no longer in Mancini #MCFC plans for next season, adds Mancio has set sights on... Sessegnon.

hahahahhaha

I think Sessegnon is much better than Nasri. Not just a little bit, but vastly better.

Arnie

Shit, Aqcuafresca is on loan, and Patrick Helmes' positioning and creativity is worrying me. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Scum

I don't know what you're referring to.

5YRcF.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Shit, Aqcuafresca is on loan, and Patrick Helmes' positioning and creativity is worrying me. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Who are you, Blackpool? How much is Jordan Rhodes?

Also Viva on the kicktipp predictions website, for the bonus questions we picked exactly the same things haha

Wilbur

Banned
Soccer Triads has some new kits up for pre-order

Everton Home
PSG Home
LA Galaxy Home
Liverpool Away
Chelsea Away
Man Utd Away
Barcelona Away
Real Madrid Home

Yes, but it's FM11 so Rhodes might still be a bit young.

He knocked a few in last year as well if I'm not mistaken.

Yen

Everton Home
PSG Home
LA Galaxy Home
Liverpool Away
Chelsea Away
Man Utd Away
Barcelona Away
Real Madrid Home

I was on Triads last night and the Liverpool away shirt was wrong. Too much grey parts that aren't on the legit kit, I think.

Everton Home
PSG Home
LA Galaxy Home
Liverpool Away
Chelsea Away
Man Utd Away
Barcelona Away
Real Madrid Home

He knocked a few in last year as well if I'm not mistaken.
Their small being a 40" chest is so useless. Does my box in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom