• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

So the Uefa chose this 11 players for the Champions League team of the year.

Cech (7.5);
Ivanovic (7.5), Vertonghen (7.5), Campagnaro (7.2), Lahm (7.5);
Robben (7.4), Kroos (7.9), Xavi (7.8)
Ronaldo (8.5); Messi (9), Benzema (7.8)

Benzema?
lol

ATF487

Any scousers want this?

Messi do you want a blank 2010-2011 away LFC kit? I bought an XL from the Liverpool store a year ago but it didn't fit me. Actually it's free if anyone wants it.

new-lfc-away-shirt-2010-11.jpg

This Bayern/Netherlands second half has been dire

Gambit

I really hope Bayern keep Petersen (or at least only loan him to Bremen). Honestly, under van Gaal I think he'd have replaced Gomez.

Lightning

Banned
Dude cost €350k, I'd rather keep him for another year than sell him for a joke 10m. Also, he'd need to sign a new contract or we'd ship him off to China lol
How much do you think Kagawa is worth?

And Kagawa is not nearly as bad as Hazard. Eden Hazard is whoring himself to the highest bidder and cock teasing everyone while he does it just for good measure.

Gambit

It's laughable to compare Petersen with Gomez.

Oh you misunderstood me. I am not one of the many Gomze haters, on the contrary.
It's just that van Gaal was obsessed with youngsters and seemed to gain joy from putting "stars" on the bench.

I just want them to keep Petersen because I think he has potential (not that he should be our number 1 striker)

fuenf

Oh you misunderstood me. I am not one of the many Gomze haters, on the contrary.
It's just that van Gaal was obsessed with youngsters and seemed to gain joy from putting "stars" on the bench.

I just want them to keep Petersen because I think he has potential (not that he should be our number 1 striker)

i see, with that i can agree ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We offered 8M for Verratti. But they want 12M..

Considering Milan paid 10M for (half?) Stephan El Shaarawy, I'd say he's worth every penny.

In other news, I experienced my first sandstorm today.

dc89

True.

Does anyone know any sites selling legitimately cheap football shirts? Like, the real ones, not triads. My brother wants an AC Milan shirt for his birthday.

Sportsdirect is best for this kinda stuff. Otherwise an Adidas outlet, saw them for £20 there.

Billy Hogan (no idea who this is) is to tbe LFC's new Commercial Director according to Bloomberg. Ian Ayre going to be given more responsibility too.

The shirts from Soccer Triads, are they legit?

Wes

venison crêpe
Conflicting reports tonight but the Birmingham Mail say Solskjaer has pulled out of the running of the Villa job.

Saw the same article. Do we even want Dzeko anymore? I'd rather have a player who is or can fall in love with the kit rather than a mercenary. I'm tired of them. He's better in terms of clinical finishing than virtually all of our strikers, but he's immobile in a lot of ways. Actually, I might prefer Immobile :p

I'm actually not sure, despite what his agent says, that he would fit into Conte's tactics.

There's also this:

Beppe Shifty-Eyed Marotta said:
“We cannot be market leaders in this environment, but through organisation and the culture of football we must try to reduce the gap.”

So, maybe we should just take Dzeko if we can get him. It sounds like that's related to the attempted purchase of Cavani.

Hixx

SSN confirming Solskjaer not going to Villa.

If I were a Villa fan I'd be relieved. Get an experienced manager in after last seasons debacle, not the time to be taking risks.

Kiraly

Bit shitty from Bayern supporters to whistle and boo every time Robben had the ball

Luckily there were enough that were scanting his name though

Salvadora

Just read that Cech watched every Bayern Munich penalty since 2007 in preparation. The only players he was unsure of was Robben and Neuer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom