• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milanistas (by which I mean TheLucifer since Frank is all but become missing like Dash since Milan lost the scudetto), are there any truth to the Nuri Sahin and Ganso rumours? I know you were linked to Ganso for ages. Could be promising.

---------------Ibra--------------------
Cassano-----------------------Prince
----------------------------------------
Nocerino---Montolivo--Ganso/Sahin
----------------------------------------
Antonini---Silva----Bonera?------Abate
-------------Abbiati-------------------

Could be alright, so long as they stay healthy.
We've been linked to Sahin both last year (for a couple of days, actually. Then Madrid bought him) and this year, same thing with Ganso. I don't believe that they'll play with us next year, the first one is a very promising player in an important club that don't need money so they're not forced to sell anyone, while the other is a really, really fragile guy that would play as CAM, forcing Boateng to sit on the bench.

Plus, Ganso is really slim, I think that our physio team would like to boost him like they did with Pato. This would mean that, at least for the entire first half of the season, Ganso wouldn't play that much, having to adapt to a completely different type of football while working out every day. Getting "bigger" would also mean that he'd lost his physical abilities that makes him play so good in Brazil, basically the same thing that happened to Pato.

As of today, maybe Sahin could come as a loan (but I don't see that happen tbh), while Galliani may decide to swap Ganso with Robinho, which has been a clear objective for Santos 100th anniversary celebrations. But, like I said earlier, we won't do any expansive transfer this year, so it's unlikely that we'll see new and expansive players like those two.

Slizz

Bad idea for a Bayern Dutch match. Some contingent of fans were gonna act out regardless I bet but that just added to it.

Also no Alison Brie avy for a little while. S3 of Community is ended and they just fired the creator/writer for most of the show so I weep a little.

fuenf

Bad idea for a Bayern Dutch match. Some contingent of fans were gonna act out regardless I bet but that just added to it.

These club vs national side matches never work out well anyway. It was the same when Germany played against Bayern in 2006 and the fans booed Lehmann (ok that one was more understandable but still showed no class).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
weird, he kinda looks like he could be Henrik Lundqvist's brother in that pic

I can see it haha!

exactly that's what world class keepers cost.
Pkry5.gif

Worth every million!

(don't judge me, Fry! It's easier to upload shitty tumblr gifs!)

Lightning

Banned
Well he said that. Don't know if there is any contact. But the Dutch squad is PISSED at the way the Bayern fans reacted...so maybe its just bullocks.
Yeah, our squad are not happy at all. I doubt Inter will buy Robben though or that he will leave. Bayern fans will realize that it's not entirely Robben's fault Bayern lost the CL final and they are wrong to turn against him for that. Missing a penalty can happen to anyone, stupid to be angry at someone for missing them. It happens.

fuenf

Stil cant believe it Yurt, that Gif. If only the others didnt screw up, he would've been a fucking LEGEND (still is in my mind).

edit: that Salazar gif is strangely attractive *confused*

Kenka

Like i said, i hope he finds a better team that matches his playstyle. Tbh i think this was the best thing that could possibly happen to your squad, all the dutch players can now comfort him and complain about Germany / Bayern. This "Bayern isnt woth it" mentality can really help him regain his confidence for the Euros.

edit: all assuming that he's strong enough to withstand all the pressure and mobbing attempts by the Bayer fans. dont wanna see him end up like Deisler or worse :(
Indeed, it was heart tearing to see such a talent failing to support on his young shoulders the expectations of a wounded nation. The German press fucked him.

All the Bayern fans want is him to leave. He pisses off everybody in the dressing room and seemingly doesn't learn from his mistakes. Keeping him would actually let us how much effort the players are ready to invest to show solidarity with him but I think it is a lost cause: they won't try and they will miss the lesson to pul, out of the situation. The lesson being, it is important to treat everybody equally in a team.

I wonder how batshit insane Chelsea will go with the chequebook.

They have a lot of work to do. Drogba is gone and needs to be replaced, they need another defender, they need a right winger, they need to plan for when Frank and Ashley retire etc.

A lot of rebuilding to do.

I'm hoping West Ham use a fair amount of that Play-off Final money to rebuild. Pay off some debt and rebuild.

Don't think it will be that crazy. New defender? Well maybe a right back... But then Chelsea would have 4 central defenders where all of them got the quality to think they should start every match. Maybe get a young talent and have Ivan as main RB.

Ashley Cole is 31 and Bertrand has done extremely well every time he has replaced him this season, no need to do anything about the left back at the moment as there's both good cover and a good solution for the next two years time.

Now the wings... Yeah that's where Chelsea needs new players, big time. I assume Kalou is leaving once his contract runs out in a few weeks. Malouda is also kind of expected to leave. Already got Marin and Kevin de Bruyne coming in who can play those positions, but Hazard, Hulk or Belhanda would certainly not hurt. ;)

In the attack I think it will either but trusting in Torres to start being good when he's the regular starter or selling him or maybe even use him as an exchange to get Falcao who's apparently 50% owned by some third party? Just don't believe in a new forward being bought and having both Torres, Sturridge and the new forward for that position.

Stil cant believe it Yurt, that Gif. If only the others didnt screw up, he would've been a fucking LEGEND (still is in my mind).

It took some major balls. Then again, if there is a player on the pitch (besides the strikers) that can just ping the ball as hard as they can it's probably the keeper.

So the Uefa chose this 11 players for the Champions League team of the year.

Cech (7.5);
Ivanovic (7.5), Vertonghen (7.5), Campagnaro (7.2), Lahm (7.5);
Robben (7.4), Kroos (7.9), Xavi (7.8)
Ronaldo (8.5); Messi (9), Benzema (7.8)

Where the fuck is the Champions League Motherflipper aka Drogba?

Damn. Was this sudden? Sad news, RIP.

She had cancer and was able to get over it, She had a stroke. All of the sudden. She was healthy. Damn, she even was at Cádiz watching the ascension match between Cádiz and Real Madrid Castilla.

Florentino has lost his parents, a brother and a wife in the last three years.

fuenf

It took some major balls. Then again, if there is a player on the pitch (besides the strikers) that can just ping the ball as hard as they can it's probably the keeper.

I guess so, not to mention that they know all the in and outs / mind games of a penalty kick.

Kenka

Neuer below Cech ? This is really edgy. And Gomez scored the second all-time high amount of gals in a season and doesn't receive shit for that ? Are you fucking playing with my nerves UEFA ?

FootballFan

428551_10151781872670157_10150113734595157_24477433_1097702628_n.jpg

Napoli: Champions of Italy.

I guess winning the league title means nothing these days.

We all know every teams ambitions and goals at the beginning of the season: Copa Italia

Stunning player and a good bloke.

Shame about the diving really.

True

Huntelaar!!

hopefully Narsingh gets a goal. Would love to see him go to Ukraine

Narsingh and Assaidi are beasts for Heerenveen in fifa 12. Dost has done damn good for them as well in real life, surprised he didn't get called for the team.

Cech (7.5);

Thats alright I guess. Kinda confused with Benzema though.

So villa ruled himself out of Euro 2012 :(

Such an unlucky season for him. Really sucks that he has missed so many games.

Robben came in, and almost everyone boo'ed him. Like it is his fault. He is one of the reason they where in the final. Fucking bullshit fans.

=/ that's pretty lame, Cech saved his penalty and thats that..

Score is fantastic, just got the 80s to get 3 stars in on amateur then move on up.

I wish it had videos of the real goals afterwards that would rule.

Playing the 90s reminded me of Bergkamps goal v Argentina and his even better one v leicster which is my favourite goal of all time I think.

Also Owens goal v Argentina - sorry to say this but most over rated goal of all time

Wes

venison crêpe
Solskjaer thing may not be over. Someone may just be playing the bookies. His odds have skyrocketed back up to evens after dropping to around 5/1 after the news hit. Someone just put a lot of money on him.

It's all pretty bizarre.

Score is fantastic, just got the 80s to get 3 stars in on amateur then move on up.

I wish it had videos of the real goals afterwards that would rule.

Playing the 90s reminded me of Bergkamps goal v Argentina and his even better one v leicster which is my favourite goal of all time I think.

Also Owens goal v Argentina - sorry to say this but most over rated goal of all time

Technically yeah. I guess it was just because he was so young, world cup game against Argentina etc etc.

He could have been so good, he just seems lazy to me. I doubt he actually enjoys playing football any more.

Clegg

Baines would be an improvement over Evra.

It depends on how much he'll cost though. If it's more than £15m then we should really look somewhere else.

If we were going to sign an Everton player then I'd prefer Fellaini.

Cech (7.5);

All I can see on google is this is the team of the year from whoscored.com? Don't see it on Uefa anywhere.

elsk

Banned
Sneijder: 'Robben to Inter after the horrrible way the Bayern-fans reacted'

Well he said that. Don't know if there is any contact. But the Dutch squad is PISSED at the way the Bayern fans reacted...so maybe its just bullocks.

Letting Robben play with the Netherlands NT against Bayern, after losing that penalty in the final wasn't the smartest idea ever, you know.

If he wants to earn the fans respect and love again, he has to play like he did before this season. I don't blame him for failing the penalty, but overall his season has been pure shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom