• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Ddqr8.jpg

Any relation?

Fuck me sideways O.O

Wilbur

Banned
If you Google Rasmus Elm from The Netherlands Google ads the word 'gezicht', in English that's 'face' :p

http://i.imgur.com/WQ35X.jpg[/ig]

The poor chap is having some skin troubles. But he's very important for AZ. Don't know how he will hold up against world class players though.

What's up with this Fady K guy by the way, according to the fist post he supports every team out there :P[/QUOTE]

Fady started off loving Chelsea and Barcelona, and then professed that he really liked every fucking team ever apart from Man United. But we won him over in the end.

You guys don't remember her from the World Cup? She's the one who said she'd get naked if Argentina won it (even though she's from Paraguay) but she did it even though they went out in the quarter finals.

Linius

She actually said that she would run naked trough the streets of the capital city of Paraguay if Paraguay would have won the title. That was after that silly Maradonna promissed to run naked trough the streets of Buenos Aires if Argentina would have won :p

But yeah, she got naked for Playboy instead ^_^

If you Google Rasmus Elm from The Netherlands Google ads the word 'gezicht', in English that's 'face' :p

http://i.imgur.com/WQ35X.jpg[/img

The poor chap is having some skin troubles. But he's very important for AZ. Don't know how he will hold up against world class players though.

What's up with this Fady K guy by the way, according to the fist post he supports every team out there :P[/QUOTE]

Fady is the nicest guy in here, super humble dude.

Chuffed for him and others in here when Chelsea won the champions league.

By the way there is quite a lot of back and forth insults in here but it's all in good nature, well most of it is since Kermdog departed at least.

Welcome

Wilbur

Banned
Fady is the nicest guy in here, super humble dude.

Chuffed for him and others in here when Chelsea won the champions league.

By the way there is quite a lot of back and forth insults in here but it's all in good nature, well most of it is since Kermdog departed at least.

Welcome

shut up

Wilbur

Banned
For you.

http://i.imgur.com/fIJZK.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

for fucks sake i can't escape

[quote="Linius, post: 38752319"]You guys play FIFA btw? Since this is a football thread...[/QUOTE]

PS3 ja! I don't play online enough, kinda waiting for FIFA 13 to come out... but I'm a bit disillusioned with FIFA. I long for the days of old PES

Linius

Mmmkay, I play on xbox. But I must confess that I'm still playing 11. Ain't changing to 12 no more, I'll be waiting for 13 now.

But I still play a couple of matches a week, so much fun. Raptr says 275 hours :p

Wilbur

Banned
A child tell you that?

Like I give them the chance to speak

Mmmkay, I play on xbox. But I must confess that I'm still playing 11. Ain't changing to 12 no more, I'll be waiting for 13 now.

But I still play a couple of matches a week, so much fun. Raptr says 275 hours :p

12's a huge improvement over 11 to be fair but not worth changing. I'm just a bit tired of it... it doesn't feel like PES used to do. Hugely impressive as a simulation but it's just not that fun.

PaulLFC

12's a huge improvement over 11 to be fair but not worth changing. I'm just a bit tired of it... it doesn't feel like PES used to do. Hugely impressive as a simulation but it's just not that fun.
Know what you mean. As silly as it sounds it just doesn't have that "magic" that the PS2 PES games had. It just makes it all the more sad to see PES' current state, but 13 is seemingly an improvement, so there's hope.

I think next gen might see PES get back to how good it used to be - no need to invest in HD tech, supposedly easier to program for the next consoles, and using the Fox engine which has already been in development for years. I'm hopeful at least.

Wilbur

Banned
It's too bad they took away the statistics from that other website when they brought out a new version. With those numbers I could have given you back the feeling that you do have a life :p

Haha god I need to... I stay up late, I post a lot at nights aight, that's my excuse

Wilbur

Banned
Know what you mean. As silly as it sounds it just doesn't have that "magic" that the PS2 PES games had. It just makes it all the more sad to see PES' current state, but 13 is seemingly an improvement, so there's hope.

I think next gen might see PES get back to how good it used to be - no need to invest in HD tech, supposedly easier to program for the next consoles, and using the Fox engine which has already been in development for years. I'm hopeful at least.

I really hope so. I think the most fun I've ever had playing a video game apart from San Andreas is PES3. With mates or Master League every game was different, it was just so fun. Now I play one player on FIFA and every match is exactly the same whether I'm playing Madrid or Crewe, online you get all the fucking quitters, and it just feels like they've tried to make it realistic as opposed to fun. I love it for what it is but it just isn't PES.

You don't have a life

You support Aston Villa. I win.

I've been on GAF for 4 years and made 2,996 posts. I always thought that was very low for the length of time I've been here. 2.34 posts per day apparently.

Wilbur

Banned
I've been on GAF for 4 years and made 2,996 posts. I always thought that was very low for the length of time I've been here. 2.34 posts per day apparently.

Yeah I'm on almost 7,000... I don't know if it's sad haha! Uni's lonely, I'm one of the only ones that live at home.

Always been a lot to talk about throughout the season, the 11 OTs is indicative of that.

PaulLFC

I really hope so. I think the most fun I've ever had playing a video game apart from San Andreas is PES3. With mates or Master League every game was different, it was just so fun. Now I play one player on FIFA and every match is exactly the same whether I'm playing Madrid or Crewe, online you get all the fucking quitters, and it just feels like they've tried to make it realistic as opposed to fun. I love it for what it is but it just isn't PES..
I remember when I rented PES3 from Blockbuster. Hadn't bought PES2 but I'd played and loved the original PES and ISS 2.

Got PES 3 home and I just remember being amazed by everything - the graphics, the gameplay, how realistic it was compared to FIFA at the time, and how they managed to seemingly think of every little detail - bandages for head injuries, handballs years before FIFA implemented them... so good.

GorillaJu

I actually picked up Fifa 12 again yesterday and had some fun for once, though I'm sick of playing against Santos in every game and giving up stupid goals to random lofted through passes. People play so predictably and yet I cant really do much to counter it.

Maybe I should set myself to a more defensive setting and play on the break? Perhaps my line is just too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom