• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeghead

Has there been a more consistent player for a national team than Pirlo?

The guy is just pure class.

He is slow as fuck but somehow manages to skip past people all the time, i bet he sees in bullet time when he's playing.

rodvik

Lol Ashley Young "I'm not a cheat. I'm not a diver. I go out to play football fairly and I've done that ever since I was young. A lot of people have a lot of different opinions and things are said. But it doesn't affect me at all. Not one bit. I don't dive."

Sorry Ash, love ya, you are a good player but you are a diver. Dive for a penalty tomorrow son and all will be forgiven :)

Wilbur

Banned
Lol Ashley Young "I'm not a cheat. I'm not a diver. I go out to play football fairly and I've done that ever since I was young. A lot of people have a lot of different opinions and things are said. But it doesn't affect me at all. Not one bit. I don't dive."

Sorry Ash, love ya, you are a good player but you are a diver. Dive for a penalty tomorrow son and all will be forgiven :)

Lol Stewart Downing "I'm not shit. I'm not a fucking waste of fucking talent. I go out to play football well and I've done that ever since I was young. A lot of people have a lot of different opinions and things are said. But it doesn't affect me at all. Not one bit. I'm not fucking crap."

GorillaJu

He is slow as fuck but somehow manages to skip past people all the time, i bet he sees in bullet time when he's playing.

Hard to agree only because he's been consistently great everywhere he's been, not just for Italy!

Splatt

Ergo, the conclusion is that Allegri is an idiot.

Clegg

How do you see England lining up tomorrow?

Hodgson seems happy to have his teams sit back and hit the opposition on the counter attack. I just can't see this working against France though.

I'd start Welbeck tomorrow. It might be my United bias showing but I think England look more threatening with him than they do with Carroll.

Wilbur

Banned
How do you see England lining up tomorrow?

Hodgson seems happy to have his teams sit back and hit the opposition on the counter attack. I just can't see this working against France though.

I'd start Welbeck tomorrow too. It might be my United bias showing but I think England look more threatening with him than they do with Carroll.

I would go:

Hart
Johnson - Terry - Lescott - Cole
Parker - Milner
Chamberlain - Gerrard - Young
Welbeck

The team will be

Hart
Johnson - Terry - Lescott - Cole
Milner - Gerrard - Parker - Downing
Young
Carroll

I know I'm wrong, in a way. But:

Ibra >>>>>>>>>> Villa

AND GOD KNOWS I'M RIGHT

EAT ASS

Fry

I never really watched Villa closely as much as you, so I was being unfair with my impositions, I apologize.

And for example, if Torres maintained his level of 2 years ago until he was 30, and still didn't win many titles, I would consider him one of the best players during my time watching football.
But I wouldn't put him with the likes of Ibra. :p

Wilbur

Banned
I never really watched Villa closely as much as you, so I was being unfair with my impositions, I apologize.

And for example, if Torres maintained his level of 2 years ago until he was 30, and still didn't win many titles, I would consider him one of the best players during my time watching football.
But I wouldn't put him with the likes of Ibra. :p

Torres will be remembered forever for his beautiful hair and the fact he went from good to shite quicker than one of Kyoufu's posts

Wilbur

Banned
That's quite an achievement.

Where is Kyoufu anyway? I don't think he likes the EURO much.

I think he's playing Diablo or sniffing a pair of Cisse's shorts and masturbating into a sports bottle

0_0

Anyway, apparently Di Matteo is being offered a one-year contract at Chelsea. That will do, I guess.

Yeah, Roman's gonna try for Pep next year confirmed. I look forward to it.

TrueBlue

I think he's playing Diablo or sniffing a pair of Cisse's shorts and masturbating into a sports bottle

Yeah, Roman's gonna try for Pep next year confirmed. I look forward to it.

While I believe it's a tad disrespectful to Di Matteo, I think it's the right call. Amazing job that he has done, managing for a season is a much different beast to that of an interim basis. Doubly so considering Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
While I believe it's a tad disrespectful to Di Matteo, I think it's the right call. Amazing job that he has done, managing for a season is a much different beast to that of an interim basis. Doubly so considering Chelsea.

I just... don't see Guardiola taking it if Abramovich is going to go over his head. The signing's they've made have no doubt made a better team if someone like Pep is going to take over. But to spend £80m with no manager?

Linius

Guess I'll be representing the Eredivisie next year. Ajax is up for their third title in a row, if it's up to me anyways.

Just putting this out there.

Wilbur

Banned
Consumed by Diablo 3, but I saw the Spain-Italy game today and will see England-France tomorrow.

Supporting France for sure.

May I ask why? John Terry?

Guess I'll be representing the Eredivisie next year. Ajax is up for their third title in a row, if it's up to me anyways.

Hello there! Wessiej is around sometimes, he's an Ajax fan. He posted orgasmic pictures of Ajax winning stuff last year.

Football Daily is out now
They're talking about all todays games.

James Richardson is presenting.

Will listen to it tomorrow, cheers. First two episodes were class.

How has Bulykin and his flowing locks been like this year for Ajax? I remember some people demanding he get a call-up to the national team. Seems crazy to me since I've never rated him at all.

My local team has arranged friendlys against Wycombe, Aldershot, Fulham XI and are closing in on a QPR XI haha.

I would love to see Joey Barton play at a non-league team.

How has Bulykin and his flowing locks been like this year for Ajax? I remember some people demanding he get a call-up to the national team. Seems crazy to me since I've never rated him at all.
Pretty useless. He spent most of his time on the bench and is only useful for scoring easy tap in goals. A poor man's Gomez but ten times worse basically.

Linius

Frank de Boer used him as a last option to storm trough the opponents defence. That worked out fine a couple times, he even scored an important goal against title concurrent PSV. I was glad to have him because our first striker was injured most of the season. He sure contributed to the title.

But I don't he got anything on players like Arshavin or Dzagoev.

Pretty useless. He spent most of his time on the bench and is only useful for scoring easy tap in goals. A poor man's Gomez but ten times worse basically.
With nine goals I wouldn't call him useless. But not good enough to earn a spot on the Russian squad for the Euros.

Ah, just like I remember, lol. Bulykin was trying to argue that the only reason he wasn't called up was because he doesn't get along with Advocaat and not for the real reason, because he's shit.

With nine goals I wouldn't call him useless. But not good enough to earn a spot on the Russian squad for the Euros.
Nine goals? I would've guessed six or something. But I don't think he fits in the current Ajax squad. He's a fine 'battering ram' but pretty much useless on the pitch. Take away the PSV equalizer and you don't have much left.

GorillaJu

I hope Russia continue to play like they did against Czech. They've been my favorite team to watch. Dzagoev is fantastic. Honda, Dzagoev and Doumbia make CSKA one of my favorite teams in Fifa (but I pick Spartak because they're only 4 stars :p)

Arnie

Definitely. Just look at Dalglish; he was brilliant as an interim manager, revitalised the way we were playing and united a disillusioned team. Then the summer came, he didn't spend wisely and perhaps he attempted to change the style and structure of the team a bit too much, to our cost.

It'll be really interesting to watch how RDM does over the year.
Football Daily is out now

They're talking about all todays games.

James Richardson is presenting.

Damn you, I was just about to go to bed. Love Amy Laurence's voice.

Oh, and if anyone wants an entertaining read for all the wrong reasons check out Rafa's blog hosted by the Independent. It's great reading it in his accent.

Linius

Nine goals? I would've guessed six or something. But I don't think he fits in the current Ajax squad. He's a fine 'battering ram' but pretty much useless on the pitch. Take away the PSV equalizer and you don't have much left.
True. He's not fitting the Ajax system. He's way too slow. But we have Sigthorsson who will be doing just fine next season.

By the way, is Sadist active on football Gaf?

Clegg

I'm looking forward to seeing Rasmus Elm playing for Sweden tomorrow.

He's been linked with some big clubs and I'm curious to see how good he actually is.

Salvadora

Does Juan Riquelme still play for the real Boca? I used to love him...

Also which team got relegated last year, was it River?

Ddqr8.jpg

Any relation?

I hope Russia continue to play like they did against Czech. They've been my favorite team to watch. Dzagoev is fantastic. Honda, Dzagoev and Doumbia make CSKA one of my favorite teams in Fifa (but I pick Spartak because they're only 4 stars :p)

The thing about Dzagoev is that he's inconsistent. If he's on, he's good but sometimes he just seems completely disinterested playing teams like Amkar, Terek, etc. He seems to be developing a big-game player reputation though which could bode well for the rest of Russia's tournament.

Linius

I'm looking forward to seeing Rasmus Elm playing for Sweden tomorrow.

He's been linked with some big clubs and I'm curious to see how good he actually is.
If you Google Rasmus Elm from The Netherlands Google ads the word 'gezicht', in English that's 'face' :p

WQ35X.jpg

The poor chap is having some skin troubles. But he's very important for AZ. Don't know how he will hold up against world class players though.

What's up with this Fady K guy by the way, according to the fist post he supports every team out there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom