• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It would seem tomorrow is in fact my four year GAF anniversary. No gifts, please.

314782130_4059dc8468.jpg

Fry

I sold my Fifa 12. =(
I don't take much enjoyment out of playing it after the season is over/new Fifa is already getting trailers, etc. Plus, I have 9 and 10 that I never sold, and I regret it because it has no value now and I don't use it. So I've started selling Fifa right after the season ends.

I played football with some random people earlier and one guy had a knock off Terry Chelsea shirt :lol he was a right prick.

Are we allowed to use that "word" that everyone here used to use? Cause that is what I would write haha.

We had to stop doing that when we broke neighbor's windows.
Pfft, you'll have to come to my gaff then. That's no good.

Size 3? Are you playing handball or something? :p
We used to play with those wee mini size 1 balls when we were younger. Used the gate pillars opposite to each other as nets. Great fun. Danger of getting run over, but fun all the same.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/blanche_not_sure.gif
Gutted your not invited?

I played football with some random people earlier and one guy had a knock off Terry Chelsea shirt :lol he was a right prick.

Are we allowed to use that "word" that everyone here used to use? Cause that is what I would write haha.
Cunt, nah. Terrible word. Shame on you, you despicable cunt.

Salvadora

Pfft, you'll have to come to my gaff then. That's no good.

We used to play with those wee mini size 1 balls when we were younger. Used the gate pillars opposite to each other as nets. Great fun. Danger of getting run over, but fun all the same.

You in Belfast? No stalker btw.

Oh good we can use it :D a footy-Gaf kick about has to happen at some point! It would be the only meet up I could attend being 17 :/
17 you say? Wilbury will bring the sweets and burlap sack.

Do you have a quick image resize method?

I don't wanna fuck up this thread with my oversized pictures :p
Just wrap the image in quotes.
Shrinks it down and can be put to full size when clicked.

I've had enough of Southern Ireland thanks, I don't fancy visiting its Northern cousin. I have better things to do with my life, like get to 8000 posts on NeoGAF.

Watching Louis C.K. Damn he's good.
I wouldn't want to be in either part of Ireland truth be told.

Also love me some Louis C.K. His TV show is a class act.

Italy vs Spain was a really fantastic football match. I loved it, every minute of it. It was a joy to watch both tactically and to admire the great players.

Italy did very well, I was impressed, they really could have won that game had they been a bit more precise in front of goal, though the same can of course be said of Spain. I thought the two wing-backs were poor for Italy though, Maggio was a bit disappointing going forwards and the LB was poor in general IMO, although alot of people have said he played very well so perhaps I've got that all wrong. Pirlo was majestic, just amazing.

As for Spain, my word, Iniesta is just incredible. What a player, he's just so so so good. Torres was dire. He should have scored when he came on, Buffon read him so easily and his chip was shit and he should have passed anyway.

Anyway, just watching Iniesta and Pirlo was a pleasure.

Also Balotelli wtf. Balotelli, RVP and Torres all flopping. PL is shit.

Salvadora

I've had enough of Southern Ireland thanks, I don't fancy visiting its Northern cousin. I have better things to do with my life, like get to 8000 posts on NeoGAF.

Watching Louis C.K. Damn he's good.

Is it his tv show? If not you should. 'Come on, God' is a personal highlight but watch them all.

Wilbur

Banned
Italy vs Spain was a really fantastic football match. I loved it, every minute of it. It was a joy to watch both tactically and to admire the great players.

Italy did very well, I was impressed, they really could have won that game had they been a bit more precise in front of goal, though the same can of course be said of Spain. I thought the two wing-backs were poor for Italy though, Maggio was a bit disappointing going forwards and the LB was poor in general IMO. Pirlo was majestic, just amazing.

As for Spain, my word, Iniesta is just incredible. What a player, he's just so so so good. Torres was dire. He should have scored when he came on, Buffon read him so easily and his chip was shit and he should have passed anyway.

Anyway, just watching Iniesta and Pirlo was a pleasure.

Also Balotelli wtf. Balotelli, RVP and Torres all flopping. PL is shit.

Yeah, game of the tournament so far. Seriously can't get over how good Pirlo was... at his age and he's running the game against fucking Spain. Magnificent. I thought Maggio was fantastic until he got to the edge of the back, but Alba got beaten time and time again.

Oh god :/ he won't like me cause I'm legal :p

alright this has gone too far
People younger than me are fully acknowledging they're safe from my clutches, this is rigoddamndiculous

Is it his tv show? If not you should. 'Come on, God' is a personal highlight but watch them all.

Seen the first episode and liked it but watching one of his stand ups. Cinnabun jizz, he's very good.

How different are the £60/70 balls to the cheap replicas?
Very. It's the perfect weight and carries through the air much much better.

I don't know if it's worth it for people who just play casually but if you play on a really high quality pitch at a good level, you would feel the difference between the balls quite alot.

Oh man that's beautiful.

I fucking love playing football, I need to do it more often :( I wonder who's the best on Gaf...
I'm the best, I can do a step-over and chipped the keeper once. Also, I have access to a EUFA funded pitch that Spain trained on when they played Northern Ireland
it is one of the most grim pitches you're ever likely to play on

But really, my trait is I'm fast. 6'2", big lanky legs with a long stride. I can pick out pass but can hardly hit the target for the life of me.

TeegsD

I really want an actual tango match ball but going to stick with the cheap replicas to play casually with friends. It does look gorgeous though

elsk

Banned
I sold my Fifa 12. =(
I don't take much enjoyment out of playing it after the season is over/new Fifa is already getting trailers, etc. Plus, I have 9 and 10 that I never sold, and I regret it because it has no value now and I don't use it. So I've started selling Fifa right after the season ends.

Well done. I would like to sell it too, I can't enjoy it if EA can't fucking update the squads every now and then... there are players missing from the winter market.

If they don't add latin american leagues, or at least make a good career mode this time, I will have to wait for fifa 14

ATF487

But really, my trait is I'm fast. 6'2", big lanky legs with a long stride. I can pick out pass but can hardly hit the target for the life of me.

This sounds like me :O

I was good on the wing, putting crosses in and could take shots from really far out but was never a clinical finisher.

I'm the best, I can do a step-over and chipped the keeper once. Also, I have access to a EUFA funded pitch that Spain trained on when they played Northern Ireland
it is one of the most grim pitches you're ever likely to play on

:lol :lol

I'm pretty fast but I'm only about 5'9". I guess my strength is my vision and accuracy with passing. I'm not a bad finisher either.

Basically, I'm better than Iniesta.

Linius

I played football at a local club for ten years. Was a right winger. Never was that technical, but I was fast.

Found a newspaper article of my team when we became league champions way back last week. I'm the kid on the front at the right :p

The article says that we had to win because the number two was one point behind us. We won by four to zero :)

Slizz

I'm a mix of Chicharito and Lewandowski. The ultimate striker.

Nah, I can pass pretty decent and can poach goals. Occasionally I'll get a nice clean strike on my own.

Clegg

I'm pretty quick and have a decent first touch. I have good accuracy with my long passing and I'm pretty hard to knock off the ball (I think thats from all the years playing rugby).

I'd be a decent centre half if I wasn't 5'7".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom