• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
AvG83HlCIAAhSq1.jpg:large

Kozak

Banned
May have to sign up. They're offering a free £10 bet no deposit too which is pretty awesome.

Pretty sick odds too. Best I've seen on Australian betting sites is 13/1.

Its the same formation Man United use of 4-4-1-1 i think. If Lampard was fit, i'd would've played him over Gerrard. It'll probably be like how Chelsea played in the CL. Defend and look to counter,with pace. That's why playing OX, welbeck and Young is a good move IMO.

Agree with that. Playing on the counter is certainly their best chance.

Wilbur

Banned
Colback has had a better season than those 3. Combined. He's not international class but neither are Cleverley, Rodwell & Henderson. But he won't get picked cos he's ginger and doesn't play for Man United/isn't 6 foot+ tall.

And I've already made my opinion known on Cattermole.

I think Cattermole's a good player, but I think it's more to do with drive and desire and energy as opposed to actual natural talent.

And I'd say all three of those players are/will be better than Colback. Not because he doesn't play for United, he just isn't as good as them in my eyes. But oh well.

Meier

http://i.minus.com/ibz4ZjsXY0x0Wp.gif[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/icjWWx1zyCTjl.gif[img]

Credit to rvy in the PES 2013 thread.[/QUOTE]

This looks awful... I understand some of it is related to the fact it was made into a gif, but everything is so stilted and the player sizes seem absurd. Meh, no thank you.

Arnie

This looks awful... I understand some of it is related to the fact it was made into a gif, but everything is so stilted and the player sizes seem absurd. Meh, no thank you.

True, but it looks so fun. Fifa's become far too predictable; I don't get the feeling that I can pull off something truly amazing. I remember beating my brother in the final minute of a PES 5 game with a 30 yard volley from Gerrard. It wasn't predictable, it looked janky, but it was one of the single greatest gaming moments I can conjure.

Meier

True, but it looks so fun. Fifa's become far too predictable; I don't get the feeling that I can pull off something truly amazing. I remember beating my brother in the final minute of a PES 5 game with a 30 yard volley from Gerrard. It wasn't predictable, it looked janky, but it was one of the single greatest gaming moments I can conjure.

Well, I do understand the appeal of this. FIFA's defenders are able to overrun you so easily that it makes it almost impossible to do really miraculous stuff. That being said, the other day in an online Virtual Pro match I saw someone make a fucking corner kick. It wasn't headed or anything, he actually swung the corner in himself. Never seen anything like that.

elseanio

Play Fifa on all Manual controls. Crossing, Passing, Shooting. Games are amazing, and usually very tight. When you get a goal from outside the area, exactly where you placed it, it's a great feeling
especially since 90% of your shots will go horribly wide!

Arnie

Well, I do understand the appeal of this. FIFA's defenders are able to overrun you so easily that it makes it almost impossible to do really miraculous stuff. That being said, the other day in an online Virtual Pro match I saw someone make a fucking corner kick. It wasn't headed or anything, he actually swung the corner in himself. Never seen anything like that.

My patience with Pro Clubs runs thin when I come up against a raft of 95 rated midgets who can just skin your team of stockies with minimum effort. Not to mention the horrendous input lag.

Linius

Yeah, that happens one in a while. Yesterday I was about to get the ball in the box from the left wing but by some weird curve the ball went straight into my opponents goal :p

Salazar

I basically play all my FIFA on iPad on the train. It's diverting enough, but like Arnie says, a bit of a more liberal attitude to magic would be killer.

It's almost official, apparently, Thiago will leave us for €50 million. And it seems that he'll try to convice Ibra to follow him. Best day ever. Yep.
Think what you could do with a 50mil€ check from PSG! That's at least three more seasons of Grande Fratello on Mediaset guaranteed!

So that's our plan: selling players so Mediaset can keep going on with useless stuff! That's brliiant! :D

And it gets better when you think that half of that money will actually go in Finivest/Mediaset wallet! :D

Wilbur

Banned
Play Fifa on all Manual controls. Crossing, Passing, Shooting. Games are amazing, and usually very tight. When you get a goal from outside the area, exactly where you placed it, it's a great feeling
especially since 90% of your shots will go horribly wide!

Nah, I play it all on manual; it's improved me as a player and I'm generally good all manual, but the single player is still dull as fuck and it feels like even online it's just going through the motions.

I really miss PES.

I agree with you Wilbury. How're the ribs?

I think the way Stamina is handled is FIFA's biggest problem. Watching Walcott run down the wing on a counter-attack box to box as fast as he can should mean he isn't going to have that top speed again. But even at the end of the game he can still do that. It's annoying. I also find FIFA predictable because the skill moves are too easy to pull off with too many players. Also, how often to you see a roulette on TV? If you're watching FIFA it happens twenty times a game.

I'm going to seriously consider both games this year, because I think I want something new. PES has never drawn me in though so we will see. I wish I could reset my H2H rank so I could start anew in Div10 with full manual controls though. It just isn't worth trying to play with them in Div2 or on Ultimate Team.

@TheLucifer: I'm sorry to hear that, but if you ended up with €100 million Euros you could definitely build a competent enough squad on low enough wages to compete for a Champions League spot next year, and competing for the Scudetto in two years time.

PaulLFC

I basically play all my FIFA on iPad on the train. It's diverting enough, but like Arnie says, a bit of a more liberal attitude to magic would be killer.
I prefer First Touch Soccer (or Euro League Soccer, the new version that's just been released) to FIFA on iPad. Seems like it has more control and freedom.

Salazar

lol, the best skill move thing with FIFA is that fucking move where the player traps the ball between his boots and hops forward about half a yard.

It kills me. I guffaw.

Paul - yeah, First Touch is quality. Star Player Mode is something FIFA needs to implement next time around.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree with you Wilbury. How're the ribs?

I think the way Stamina is handled is FIFA's biggest problem. Watching Walcott run down the wing on a counter-attack box to box as fast as he can should mean he isn't going to have that top speed again. But even at the end of the game he can still do that. It's annoying. I also find FIFA predictable because the skill moves are too easy to pull off with too many players. Also, how often to you see a roulette on TV? If you're watching FIFA it happens twenty times a game.

I'm going to seriously consider both games this year, because I think I want something new. PES has never drawn me in though so we will see. I wish I could reset my H2H rank so I could start anew in Div10 with full manual controls though. It just isn't worth trying to play with them in Div2 or on Ultimate Team.

Ribs are a bit better today thanks yeah, but obviously supposed to rest and dickskin brother's lost his hearing aid on the way to the shop so I had to walk all the way there and back looking for it to no avail.

Silva leaving AC Milan? That can't be right.

Yeah, odd decision to go France.

Meier

My patience with Pro Clubs runs thin when I come up against a raft of 95 rated midgets who can just skin your team of stockies with minimum effort. Not to mention the horrendous input lag.

I have just been playing public games which are pretty infuriating but I like the element of surprise associated with it just the same. I miss the Clubs group we had in FIFA 11. :(

I'm sure Mancini would have paid £40 million for Silva. I bet he isn't happy that Milan are actually selling him.

Edit: Holy shit, I googled 50 million euros in pounds... and I found this article about Keanu Reeves giving away £50 million to the effects team behind the Matrix films. :O http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/200305283652/keanu/reeves/matrix/

I prefer First Touch Soccer (or Euro League Soccer, the new version that's just been released) to FIFA on iPad. Seems like it has more control and freedom.

I skipped Euro League, and am waiting for the next one, but I completely agree with you.

Ribs are a bit better today thanks yeah, but obviously supposed to rest and dickskin brother's lost his hearing aid on the way to the shop so I had to walk all the way there and back looking for it to no avail.

Your brother sounds like a right cocknose.

I miss the Clubs group we had in FIFA 11. :(

Those were amazing times.

Linius

lol, the best skill move thing with FIFA is that fucking move where the player traps the ball between his boots and hops forward about half a yard.

It kills me. I guffaw.

Paul - yeah, First Touch is quality. Star Player Mode is something FIFA needs to implement next time around.
Fake shots are always very effective. Everybody knows it but I still keep fooling people with that move. Or when there's a big space betwee your attacker and the oppposing defender you can just walk left and right so your opponent doesn't know where to go anymore :p

Stubo

England, because of living here and stuff. Underdog is probably the other sensible reason I guess :p

Confident that we'll at least score a goal, not so confident about not conceding 1 or more though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Italy managed to somehow reach the QF/Semis, Pirlo deserves to be considered for the Ballon d'Or this year.

Right?

Arnie

Read a Roy interview calling JT a "warrior" today.

Felt a bit ill.

I saw a photoshopped image whereby Terry was laughing during the team's trip to Auschwitz. Thought it was genuine for a good while. Says all you need to say about that man.

Going a bit gung-ho in the Euro thread, but I suppose if there's one place to demonstrate a naive national bias then that's it.

Kenka

If Italy managed to somehow reach the QF/Semis, Pirlo deserves to be considered for the Ballon d'Or this year.

Right?
He has had few international exposure this year. So I think he will be overlooked. But he played a grand game yesterday, I must admit that. Buffon too actually.

Nick Powell to United seems to be close to completion now. Rumoured fee of £3m with a further £2/3m when he makes his first England appearance.

Crewe manager has said Powell won't be going back to Crewe on loan.

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein
Dortmund CEO Watzke. "I'm disgusted by this (Lewandowski) debate. It's totally irrelevant if offers come in or not, he'll be back with us"
Hope this puts an end to this silly story now.

It's not happening, at least I hope it doesn't. Lewandowski is good where he is and we really don't need him.

PSG have anulled the contract of one of their non-EU players. This could really be happening. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom