• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Fuck, I just had my first defeat on FM. Now I'm going to slip from the top of the table. Stupid fucking Defoe!! Now my players all have shitty morality and I don't know what to do.

I'm just an inexperienced young manager, SOMEONE HOLD ME

Went to get a new England Shirt at Sports Direct today with Chamberlain on the back and some fucker picked my shirt up with his so I have to wait another hour!

Also what does he have on the back of his shirt, Oxlade - Chamberlain or just Chamberlain?

Arnie

Fuck, I just had my first defeat on FM. Now I'm going to slip from the top of the table. Stupid fucking Defoe!! Now my players all have shitty morality and I don't know what to do.

I beat Liverpool 3-2 on the opening day of the season, then lost the week after to Aston Villa where I conceded 5 goals, one of which was to Heskey. Bullshit.

Hope this puts an end to this silly story now.

It's not happening, at least I hope it doesn't. Lewandowski is good where he is and we really don't need him.

PSG have anulled the contract of one of their non-EU players. This could really be happening. Madness.
I'm glad about that. Got a bit of a man crush on him. Couldn't stand it if he lined up for you lot.

Clegg

Is anyone going to watch Sweden/Ukraine?

I'm looking forward to seeing Rasmus Elm play and hopefully Ibra will fuck up as many chances as possible.

Arnie

I'm looking forward to seeing Rasmus Elm play and hopefully Ibra will fuck up as many chances as possible.

Depends on the England result; I may be thoroughly fucked off with football by that point.

Terry plays for you?

Say positive things in the next press conference, usually the 2nd from top option is best.

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah I'm gonna watch it. Watched every game so far, not gonna stop now. It just depends on our result whether I'm naked or not watching it

Arnie

Hope Carra's in the studio for ITV. Halo 4 trailer at half time too. If I get an England win on top of that I'll be on cloud nine.

dc89

So Thiago Silva is set to join PSG.

So that's Silva, Lavezzi and Hazard that City have refused to meet demands on this summer.

dc89

Fuck sake;

Sky will raise the cost of many of its packages from September, but won't say by how much or which products are affected.

A message on the communications giant's website says "some prices will increase from 1 September 2012".
Moneysavingexpert

/sigh time to ring and threaten to leave in August and let them give me half price everything lol

dc89

I wonder if the Sheikh is withdrawing his funding...

Yeah he must be :( He'll leave the Etihad a building site and not fund the campus and everything.

I think you genuinely see the world this way, and it's funny.

City were interested in all three, when the demands out stripped what they were willing to offer they said no thank you. At least we're not throwing money at players for the sake of it like we used to.

Thing is though, with some people City can't win. Throw money at players, they get slated.
Walk away, and when it's said that they wouldn't meet the demands apparently it's not what it seems.

Arnie

YThing is though, with some people City can't win. Throw money at players, they get slated.
Walk away, and when it's said that they wouldn't meet the demands apparently it's not what it seems.
I think it's the throwing money at players and subsequently winning that gets people farty.

Manchester-United-lose-title-gif.gif

dc89

Or they simply didn't want to go to City.

I mean, it would be irrational to exclude that possibility.

Of course it wouldn't. But I like to take stuff like this into account:

Roberto Mancini's agent, Giorgio De Giorgis, had previously revealed how City had held talks over Lavezzi, but the two parties could not agree terms.

De Giorgis said: "I believe that City had, for more than a year and a half, spoken with Lavezzi but did not sign him because of problems over demands."

But of course it could be bullshit.

dc89

I think it's the throwing money at players and subsequently winning that gets people farty.

Manchester-United-lose-title-gif.gif

1233369375279.gif

You're right. Some people don't like it when the tables are turned and oh boy have they turned. I can still smell the burnt fingers from Old Trafford from my house some 20 miles away.

GorillaJu

Yeah he must be :( He'll leave the Etihad a building site and not fund the campus and everything.

City were interested in all three, when the demands out stripped what they were willing to offer they said no thank you. At least we're not throwing money at players for the sake of it like we used to.

Thing is though, with some people City can't win. Throw money at players, they get slated.

So you think all of these players were licking their chops to play for City, they got on their knees and begged, but he genius City executives just shooed them away because of their high demands?

Maybe Thiago Silva doesn't see playing in the PL as the right move for him at this point in his career. Maybe he doesn't like Manchester, or doesn't like MCFC. Maybe he felt like he'd get shunned and moved on if he didn't perform perfectly for a year. Maybe he's afraid of Fernando Torres (hehe). Maybe his agent recommended him to move to PSG because he reckons its a good combination of fame, money and less pressure during the matches because Ligue 1 is "smaller" in a sense.

The world doesn't simply operate at City's whim.

dc89

So you think all of these players were licking their chops to play for City, they got on their knees and begged, but he genius City executives just shooed them away because of their high demands?

Maybe Thiago Silva doesn't see playing in the PL as the right move for him at this point in his career. Maybe he doesn't like Manchester, or doesn't like MCFC. Maybe he felt like he'd get shunned and moved on if he didn't perform perfectly for a year. Maybe he's afraid of Fernando Torres (hehe). Maybe his agent recommended him to move to PSG because he reckons its a good combination of fame, money and less pressure during the matches because Ligue 1 is "smaller" in a sense.

The world doesn't simply operate at City's whim.

No cause I can't imagine any player getting on their knee's and begging. I think they go where the money is and they go to a place which fits them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way the press have reported it is that City have not met the demands, to be honest I hope they haven't! Cause I'd like to think that City now have more to offer than just money.

GorillaJu

No cause I can't imagine any player getting on their knee's and begging. I think they go where the money is and they go to a place which fits them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way the press have reported it is that City have not met the demands, to be honest I hope they haven't! Cause I'd like to think that City now have more to offer than just money.

But this happens all the time - a club is interested in a player, but because the demands of the player don't match up with the valuation the club places on them, the deal doesn't go through. It's not something that only Manchester City does, yet if someone knew nothing of the PL and read this forum, they'd probably think otherwise due to how you spin every twitter or Mirror rumor. :p

Dzagoev to Dortmund is a great fit. Let's keep gutting CSKA. I want Honda and Doumbia, plz!!

Meier

196065_10150961779509288_1981482859_n.jpg

Where do I get one from?!

They give this shit out to athletes and celebrities all the time. It's honestly pretty amazing and it makes me very curious how much other companies follow this lead. If they do, they're not doing enough to make the "ambassadors" show it off.

dc89

They give this shit out to athletes and celebrities all the time. It's honestly pretty amazing and it makes me very curious how much other companies follow this lead. If they do, they're not doing enough to make the "ambassadors" show it off.

Yeah, a few players got free Vita's when Sony put on a bash in Manchester, got them like a month before release.

They get them EA Black Card's too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Cause I'd like to think that City now have more to offer than just money.

They can offer a nice loan deal to go with those wages as well. You can get paid and not even have to set foot in Manchester!

FuturusX

How many GAF implosions if NAsRi scores a hattrick?...I almost want to see it happen. (I'm English and support England by the way..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom