• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

They can offer a nice loan deal to go with those wages as well. You can get paid and not even have to set foot in Manchester!

That's not a bad deal. No restaurants and shit weather so if you get shipped to Spain you're on a win win!

How many GAF implosions if NAsRi scores a hattrick?...I almost want to see it happen. (I'm English and support England by the way..)

I'd love him to score. I'd actually love him to score. But England still have to win.

Arnie

Carragher's class in the studio. Reminds me of Gary Neville. Just said that he doesn't understand the furor over the French team outside of the front three; says Gerrard and Parker are as good as Diarra and Malouda, which I'd agree with.

Wilbur

Banned
Carragher's class in the studio. Reminds me of Gary Neville. Just said that he doesn't understand the furor over the French team outside of the front three; says Gerrard and Parker are as good as Diarra and Malouda, which I'd agree with.

Yeah I just argued this in the Euro thread, made sense to me. Malouda in centre midfield is a potential fuckburger of biblical XL proportions.

Not scared about Nasri as well. If he turns up and plays well, so be it. It's just as likely he doesn't.

Arnie

And Carragher just spoke honestly about Hodgson's training methods. Excellent punditry; you get actual insight rather than bullshit ifs and buts.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm English and couldn't give a fuck about the result later. Hard to support a team with John Terry in it.

This is getting ridiculous now. He's one fucking man in the whole squad. I hope we win the fucking thing and he gets his cock bitten off at the post-match party.

Nice Gerrard retrospective on ITV now; get pissy about it.
I don't mind Gerrard actually. I hate him because I have to but I don't actually want to.

In the France game, when he passed the ball back to Henry there, who was the commentator saying "we musn't lose this game now"?

Wilbur

Banned
I don't mind Gerrard actually. I hate him because I have to but I don't actually want to.

In the France game, when he passed the ball back to Henry there, who was the commentator saying "we musn't lose this game now"?

Was it Graham Taylor? Sounded like him but as we know I'm shit with voices

dc89

Al Jazeera Sports don't mess about with their punditry. Mourinho for the Portugal games, Wenger for the France games. #impressive
@AdamOneSM

Wow. Watch them outbid Sky for the PL rights.

Wes

venison crêpe
Three things I'll be watching for:

- If Gerrard reigns in the amount of holywood passes he tries and plays more disciplined.
- Can they get Ox a lot of touches.
- How Milner and Johnson interact down the right. I think Johnson will overlap a lot.

bjaelke

Second half of Spain - Italy was some of the most entertaining football I've seen in a long time. Was too knackered from running earlier, so I ended up sleeping all day and through the first half of the game. Was it anything like the second half?

Watching French coverage with Wenger and Lizarazu. They are mostly worried about Méxès being out of shape, played pretty bad in their 3 friendlies.

Wenger pinpointing England's defence and keeper as their main strengths. He thinks Welbeck won't be too big of a threat. Also says Ox doesn't have the tactical maturity to handle most situations yet. Apparently he got picked because he's impressed a lot in training over the past few days. Which forced Roy to take a gamble. Wenger is doubting that choice.

dc89

I like it when people call dc 93 or 31 or some other random number. I can never tell if its out of poor memory or disrespect.

respect-my-authority.jpg

Salvadora

Watching French coverage with Wenger and Lizarazu. They are mostly worried about Méxès being out of shape, played pretty bad in their 3 friendlies.

Wenger pinpointing England's defence and keeper as their main strengths. He thinks Welbeck won't be too big of a threat. Also says Ox doesn't have the tactical maturity to handle most situations yet. Apparently he got picked because he's impressed a lot in training over the past few days. Which forced Roy to take a gamble. Wenger is doubting that choice.

Whats Wenger like?

K1LLER7

As a United and England fan, I agree with this. Evra is dangerous on the attack though.

And milners on that side so not too much pace.

Did Carragher say Hart and Neuer were the best keepers in the Euros? Neuer I understand but Hart ahead of Casillas or Buffon?

Clegg

Irish tv has John Giles, Liam Brady and Dietmar Hamann as pundits for this evenings matches.

Eamon Dunphy is usually there too but he has other media commitments so he can't be a pundit for every round of matches.

Salazar

Did Carragher say Hart and Neuer were the best keepers in the Euros? Neuer I understand but Hart ahead of Casillas or Buffon?

Carragher ranked Dalglish up with Shankly, Busby, and Ferguson.

He's fucking thick and fucking mental.

Clegg

I think he's just letting his patriotism shine through.

Realistically Buffon, Casillas, Cech and Neuer are all better keepers than Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom