• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Letting Robben play with the Netherlands NT against Bayern, after losing that penalty in the final wasn't the smartest idea ever, you know.

If he wants to earn the fans respect and love again, he has to play like he did before this season. I don't blame him for failing the penalty, but overall his season has been pure shit.

Not to mention all the disctraction he caused with his contract talks, criticising Beckenbauer in an interview, all the ego-trips on the pitch. It just never felt like he was part of the "Bayern family" (granted that he changed a little bit in the last months and started to support his teammates more).

Fry

To hell with Fry.

ibkTXCtFFOciMM.gif

Watched Drive today, what an amazing film. <3 The soundtrack. Easily in my top 10 films ever.

*high-five*

Arnie

Me and Operon will have half each.

To be fair I have been looking for that shirt but I need it in a small. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Clegg

The highest price for a season ticket at Stamford Bridge is £1,250.

If I paid that would I get Eva in my lap after the game?

Maybe as a part of the "matchday experience."

rodvik

Solskjaer thing may not be over. Someone may just be playing the bookies. His odds have skyrocketed back up to evens after dropping to around 5/1 after the news hit. Someone just put a lot of money on him.

It's all pretty bizarre.

Well we can hope.

We can cling to that and the possibility of Rodgers. Unfortunately I can see the board going for another dour plodder of a manager like Lambert.

Wes

venison crêpe
Well we can hope.

We can cling to that and the possibility of Rodgers. Unfortunately I can see the board going for another dour plodder of a manager like Lambert.

Isn't he mostly working with a squad Martinez set up - or am I mistaken?

ATF487

I wish I lived in England. I'd kill for those Villa Park ticket prices.

Yeah, that's not a bad price, and West Brom's drop of season ticket prices is an amazing gesture. Although I was disappointed when I found out how much Championship football, and even league 1 football costs when I looked into it. Minor league sports in the states may not mean as much, but at least they're really cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if a season ticket at Leeds was much more than one at Dortmund

Yeah, that's not a bad price, and West Brom's drop of season ticket prices is an amazing gesture. Although I was disappointed when I found out how much Championship football, and even league 1 football costs when I looked into it. Minor league sports in the states may not mean as much, but at least they're really cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if a season ticket at Leeds was much more than one at Dortmund

They're cheap and full of cheap tricks. And I love it. Although watching minor league ball is more like watching the reserve teams than anything else.

Also, I'm still holding out hope for Solkjaer, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer!

FootballFan

Watched Drive today, what an amazing film. <3 The soundtrack. Easily in my top 10 films ever.

Cool movie, got it on bluray when it came out. Had a lot of quiet moments though, where it would take 10+ seconds for a reply lol. Kinda like Dragonball Z, but I liked that, made it feel different.

Watched Donnie Darko directors cut last night, it was pretty awesome. Enjoyed it as much as the origninal, maybe more since I understood it easier.

Wait this is now becoming 'movies you recently watched thread'..

Clydefrog

I started watching The Fugitive but realized it was 2 AM about halfway through and I was dead tired. Want to finish watching it though!

rodvik

Isn't he mostly working with a squad Martinez set up - or am I mistaken?

I dont know to be honest. Some folks do credit Martinez with starting the Swansea style but interestingly not Rodgers as far as I know.

Martinez would be ok. Slightly above Lambert for me. Honestly Lambert seems like MON mk2. That kind of football is hard for me to watch week in and week out.

Hixx

I dont know to be honest. Some folks do credit Martinez with starting the Swansea style but interestingly not Rodgers as far as I know.

Martinez would be ok. Slightly above Lambert for me. Honestly Lambert seems like MON mk2. That kind of football is hard for me to watch week in and week out.

Did you actually watch Swansea for 90% of the season? It's the most horrifically defensive possession football ever conceived. It is mind numbingly boring and it has sucked everyone in due to the performances against Arsenal etc.

I dislike Swansea's style of play more than Stoke's. Hearing people mention it in the same breath as Barcelona is unbelievably hilarious.

Having Lambert at the bottom of a list of Martinez, Rodgers and himself is daft. His style of football is so awful that his team scored more goals than any other team outside the top 6...

rodvik

Did you actually watch Swansea for 90% of the season? It's the most horrifically defensive possession football ever conceived. It is mind numbingly boring and it has sucked everyone in due to the performances against Arsenal etc.

I dislike Swansea's style of play more than Stoke's. Hearing people mention it in the same breath as Barcelona is unbelievably hilarious.

Having Lambert at the bottom of a list of Martinez, Rodgers and himself is daft. His style of football is so awful that his team scored more goals than any other team outside the top 6...

Oh no you dont!

Yes I did. I made a point of DVRing Swansea games whenever possible. Some of the most entertaining and beautiful football played in the PL last year.

I find direct or counter attacking football increasingly dull, bear in mind I watched a LOT of MON over he years. It was fun for a bit but I want to see something new. If you are enjoying it then more power to you. It aint for me though. Possession tikka takka please.

You are very welcome to Lambert. If he comes to Villa it will be a let down for me. Not least because I have to listen to yet anther dour UK/Eire Vila manager try and wring as much joy out of the game as he can :)

GorillaJu

If you guys like the Drive soundtrack, you should check out Symmetry's Themes for an imaginary film. It's by essentially the same collaboration of musicians, but it's 20 something tracks and more varied. Chromatics are godlike. I remember seeing them when they were still a dance punk band on Gold Standard Labs (small scale LA label that were first to record with the Mars Volta) and teaming up with Johnny from Blood Brothers.

Anyway, Louis Van Gaal? Think it was spoken perfectly by someone on my twitter feed: it'll either end in complete success or complete mayhem. Possibly both.

FootballFan

Oh no you dont!

Yes I did. I made a point of DVRing Swansea games whenever possible. Some of the most entertaining and beautiful football played in the PL last year.

I find direct or counter attacking football increasingly dull, bear in mind I watched a LOT of MON over he years. It was fun for a bit but I want to see something new. If you are enjoying it then more power to you. It aint for me though. Possession tikka takka please.

You are very welcome to Lambert. If he comes to Villa it will be a let down for me. Not least because I have to listen to yet anther dour UK/Eire Vila manager try and wring as much joy out of the game as he can :)

You have joined the right cause rodvik my friend. We welcome you with open arms. :p

Wilbur

Banned
This conversation would be better with Wilburys input.

I don't do bizarre as well as him.

I'm honoured. I'd happily pay 1200 quid for Eva to smear her mini all over my face and then to smell the middle of the unibrow.

Also holy fucking shit that was incredible. Went in just expecting Watch The Throne, got Power, Stronger, Jesus Walks, Public Service Announcement, Heartless, On To The Next One, We Gonna Run This Town, Gold Digger, Empire State Of Mind, 99 Problems, and Niggaz In Paris 6 times.

So good.

Salazar

They played Niggas in Paris six times?

They tend to do that, yeah.

In the meantime, Ferguson is understood to be assessing the futures of both Rafael and Fabio, who haven&#8217;t progressed as quickly as imagined. The latter, in particularly, is set to go on loan to Benfica.

How the fuck does Fab progress on the bench ?

Probably demoralised from watching Evra hide from wingers.

VIVA

You may have already seen it but here is the Miguel Delaney article detailing Uniteds possible transfers this summer.

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/United-summer-transfers.aspx
Cheers. I saw he was tweeting the details. Apparently he is usually well sourced. I have no doubt we have interest in these players but I'm just too sceptical about more than 1/2 of these signings coming off. The Baines interest seems genuine so I think it's more than likely we will get him. If Hazard picks us (which I doubt) then that would be great, but I don't see us getting Kagawa...which would suck. I really can't say which I'd rather out of Kagawa and Hazard. We'll find out I guess, important we get one of them.

The biggest concern for me is that there are all these links and rumours but not one legitimate link to a proper CM. Baffling.

GorillaJu

If you stumble on Kagawa, just know that we are ready to pounce. ;)

AVB will need a new playmaker to play in the midfield. And Van Gaal will come with knowledge of his exploits.

Don't trip, United.

Clegg

Delaney seems to think that the deals for Kagawa and Baines are the most concrete. Modric and Hazard are up in the air.

The bit about Rafael and Fabio is slightly worrying imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom