• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Liverpool TV's player stats page has a stats comparison tool for free where you can compare stats between players.

You don't have to use Liverpool players - any players in the PL work. Scroll down a bit here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/player-stats/31980/Spearing

Comparing Skrtel and Agger with defenders from other top teams, the two Liverpool defenders run them ragged in terms of defensive stats. Skrtel won more aeriel duels than Kompany and Lescott combined.

Jonny Evans is interesting - when it comes to duels (both aeriel and ground) he does rather poorly. I'd imagine you'd want your central defenders to win more than 58% of your ground duels. But what really surprised me is his rather impeccable passing completion. Even in the opponent's half he managed an 80% pass completion. That's well higher than Kompany and Agger.

Wilbur

Banned
I occasionally share stuff from my blog in here, so I thought I'd share the most recent thing I put up:

Euro 2012: Thoughts after Round One of Matches

Any critiques are, obviously, incredibly welcome.

You're a very good writer. I likey

Going to see Childish Gambino tonight. Crazy Excited.

Sweeeeeet, enjoy

Liverpool TV's player stats page has a stats comparison tool for free where you can compare stats between players.

You don't have to use Liverpool players - any players in the PL work. Scroll down a bit here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/player-stats/31980/Spearing

Comparing Skrtel and Agger with defenders from other top teams, the two Liverpool defenders run them ragged in terms of defensive stats. Skrtel won more aeriel duels than Kompany and Lescott combined.

Jonny Evans is interesting - when it comes to duels (both aeriel and ground) he does rather poorly. I'd imagine you'd want your central defenders to win more than 56% of your ground duels. But what really surprised me is his rather impeccable passing completion. Even in the opponent's half he managed an 80% pass completion. That's well higher than Kompany and Agger.

Fuck me, liverpool.tv > mcfc.co.uk

Arnie

I occasionally share stuff from my blog in here, so I thought I'd share the most recent thing I put up:

Euro 2012: Thoughts after Round One of Matches

Any critiques are, obviously, incredibly welcome.

A good read, although I thought a couple of your puns were a bit wide of the mark, (the tree, the character and the zombies) although admittedly that could be due to my lethargy as I'm still led in bed.

I'd have probably swapped the bulk of the discussion around too; with the note about Arshavin's performance for Russia more a thought about sport, and the breakdown of each group taking up the main body of the text.

As I say though, good piece.

Wilbur

Banned
Just compared Michael Carrick and David Silva simply because they're the conductors of the sides... Carrick's passing accuracy is better than I thought it was going to be. 2,192 passes, 90.1% successful and 86.8% in the opposition's half.

GorillaJu

Just compared Michael Carrick and David Silva simply because they're the conductors of the sides... Carrick's passing accuracy is better than I thought it was going to be. 2,192 passes, 90.1% successful and 86.8% in the opposition's half.

That's quite impressive. Liverpool's best passer is Maxi Rodriguez 90.6 / 85.2 respectively.

We really need to up our game. Our passing overall this last year was horrendous and it's even worse when the numbers are staring you right in the face. According to the stats, though, Evra is a damn fine LB, when he's been slipping up all season.

Linius

One of football's greatest truisms.
Vt9Ak.jpg

You don't say

3rd best in the league man.

Over 50% of passes forwards too I think.

Was the best passer in over 50% of the matches he played in last season.

/carrickPR

That's quite impressive. Liverpool's best passer is Maxi Rodriguez 90.6 / 85.2 respectively.

We really need to up our game. Our passing overall this last year was horrendous and it's even worse when the numbers are staring you right in the face. According to the stats, though, Evra is a damn fine LB, when he's been slipping up all season.
Really? Link to the stats. Would be interested to see this.

Meier

Messi, the tattoos on yer woman there are horrendous.

She's really unattractive too. It's a perfect storm of no thanks for me. Edit: New picture is no better.

Not a huge fan of Childish myself.. saw him last year and he's fine live but I just don't think he's that good. He does have good stage presence though so I'm sure if you do like him, you'll have an absolute blast.

Linius

Not a huge fan of Childish myself.. saw him last year and he's fine live but I just don't think he's that good. He does have good stage presence though so I'm sure if you do like him, you'll have an absolute blast.
It's mostly his stage performance I like about him. So much energy!

OOS5P.gif

He looks delightfully British in that picture (take that as you will). His hair is such a throwback.

Yeah, he climbed a stack amongst other things. He definitely is a good hype man -- he just has a poor voice IMO. Not very pleasant to listen to.

His hair is pretty good I'll give him that, it's just his face. Still not as annoying as Rio's Lana Del Rey duck face but still quite annoying.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Spurs are trying to get Krul from Newcastle, and have made a £10m bid apparently.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Fady K

Anyone excited about seeing Greece tonight :p? I am. If they don't win this, then no second round : [

I must admit England wasn't too bad yesterday. France were a handful as well, happy for Nasri scoring as he gets trolled too often. Lescott's header was great.

Still, best game yet was Spain - Italy.

Wilbury, Prometheus was great, but I think about it like it's better than I thought it was. I'll never forget that
ceasarian
scene. One of my favorite movie scenes, period.

Wilbur

Banned
So Spurs are trying to get Krul from Newcastle, and have made a £10m bid apparently.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/yoshi2542/yesjacknicholson.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

It's funny how Spurs seem to buy a keeper every year.

[quote="HixxSAFC, post: 38802483"]I was so excited when he was being mooted for Doctor Who...[/QUOTE]

Fuck yeah. I wouldn't swap Matt Smith for the world but Johnson would have been great.

[quote="Fady K, post: 38802489"]Anyone excited about seeing Greece tonight :P? I am. If they don't win this, then no second round : [

I must admit England wasn't too bad yesterday. France were a handful as well, happy for Nasri scoring as he gets trolled too often. Lescott's header was great.

Still, best game yet was Spain - Italy.

Wilbury, Prometheus was great, but I think about it like it's better than I thought it was. I'll never forget that [spoiler] ceasarian [/spoiler] scene. One of my favorite movie scenes, period.[/QUOTE]

HEY FADY!

Agree with your points about England and Spain-Italy (fuck Nasri). Yeah I can't get Prometheus out of my head but I know it was a fucking mess of a film haha. Yeah that scene you talk about was just brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom