• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Kermit's linked me to this on Twitter. It's actually really nice, and he told me he'd buy me one if I posted a picture of me wearing it.

I told him to go fuck himself.

away.JPG

CURSE YOU UMBRO AND YOUR AMAZING SHIRTS

Isn't Umbro owned by Nike? Just do some selective restructuring or something. It's like day and night with these kit designs.

Wilbur

Banned
I like the City home kit for 12-13 as well. I think you guys who are hating on it will come around once you see it being worn. The short black collar is a nice touch and follows a pretty prominent style in men's fashion from the likes of Raf Simons, Patrick Ervell, Frank Leder and Stephan Schneider.

Like all articles of clothing, being photographed on a hanger without having been ironed or steamed on a crappy camera with poor white balance and blurry details will always make it look poor. When you see it in person or being worn I'm sure some will come around to it.

yep

rfyZn.jpg

GorillaJu

Would be incredible if the guy in that picture was Kermit

Also who takes pictures to show off clothing, then wears a visible undershirt and covers the front with his hands? Someone very self conscious I suppose

Meier

Kermit's linked me to this on Twitter. It's actually really nice, and he told me he'd buy me one if I posted a picture of me wearing it.

away.JPG

FUUUU that's amazing -- dat collar! I'm guessing it'll just be the 3rd shirt though..

sohois

In the last ten pages we seem to have gone through: Hip Hop GAF, Anime GAF, Simpsons GAF, fashion GAF, Drive GAF, Gaming GAF and a handful of Football GAF posts. It has been 4 days since the end of football. Probably only going to get worse before it gets better as well, with fans desperate for news of Kagawa/Hazard/AVB/Solskjaer/M'vila/Any good striker become deranged.

Anime GAF was here? Glad I was gone.

Also it hasn't been 4 days since the end of football. Copenhagen playing their last match today and fans will be ready to booh and probably throw stuff at the players after the recent embarrassments. We will need for the other team to fuck up today and win ourselves if we want that Cl qualification. :(

GQman2121

Banned
In the last ten pages we seem to have gone through: Hip Hop GAF, Anime GAF, Simpsons GAF, fashion GAF, Drive GAF, Gaming GAF and a handful of Football GAF posts. It has been 4 days since the end of football. Probably only going to get worse before it gets better as well, with fans desperate for news of Kagawa/Hazard/AVB/Solskjaer/M'vila/Any good striker become deranged.

I can't sleep so.....

- Kanye on stage is always going to be interesting. Jay-z is the biggest hip hop draw on the planet and Reasonable Doubt is one of my top five albums.

- I don't know what good Anime is.

- I try not to think about the Simpsons because it hurts so much. Yet, at the same time, I carry a usb stick with all of Season 8 on it in my work bag just "in case".

- Studied fashion design for two years, and planned to major in marketing before realizing that I wanted to get a real job so I could move out of my parents house.

- Didn't care for Drive as a movie. Brilliant opening, but once that ended, I thought the picture slowly became less interesting. There's about 40 minutes after the initial job where nothing happens. Is is a great soundtrack though.

- Currently playing PES and Max Payne 2.

I'm going to smoke a bowl now, and hope I pass out, only to wake up and find out that we've signed Hazard/Modric/Neymar by the time I reach my office in the morning.

snoopen

i thought Drive was amazing.. and yes.. Gosling is pretty fucking cool. Nightcall remixes are generally quite good, the album is highly recommended.

any recommended apps for Spotify? thinking of using it regularly, was released in AU this week. would it be worth buying the subscription so I can just create playlists to shove onto my nano? i have an iphone but don't use it for music as i think it's shit, too clunky at the gym.

dc89

away.JPG

Awesome shirt, I'll be getting one for sure.

I like the City home kit for 12-13 as well. I think you guys who are hating on it will come around once you see it being worn. The short black collar is a nice touch and follows a pretty prominent style in men's fashion from the likes of Raf Simons, Patrick Ervell, Frank Leder and Stephan Schneider.

Like all articles of clothing, being photographed on a hanger without having been ironed or steamed on a crappy camera with poor white balance and blurry details will always make it look poor. When you see it in person or being worn I'm sure some will come around to it.

I agree with your two points here. People hated the look of 2011/12 home shirt on the pictures leaked etc, with the dots up the shirt. But I think it's the 2nd best home shirt we've had in years, 1st goes to last years.

Isn't Umbro owned by Nike? Just do some selective restructuring or something. It's like day and night with these kit designs.

Umbro HQ is up the road from where I live! They are owned by Nike, but are operated as a different company altogether. I am dreading Nike butchering these City tops. I might stockpile a few from Soccer Triads or something :(

FUUUU that's amazing -- dat collar! I'm guessing it'll just be the 3rd shirt though..

Looks like an away kit to me. Unless they're going with the Milan strip again.

Black and red is away for this season only. Wether we make the black and red into a third kit remains unseen. It's what we did last season.

I miss good Simpsons.

Don't we all. :(

Lightning

Banned
Frimpong and Wilshere are awesome at lightening up the mood. They have a great sense of humour. So awesome having them in the Arsenal squad.

Oh and there are still some silly Arsenal fans who seem to think sending Aaron Ramsey out on loan next season is a good idea. Unless we bring in a attacking midfielder sending Aaron anywhere is a HORRIBLE idea. I see Bolton also want to take Ryo on loan agaun.. if they were still in the PL I wouldn't mind but he wont get premier league experience where Bolton are so in my opinion he either stays with us or goes to another premier league club. I'd prefer him to stay and show his talent with us though, even as an impact sub.

Silly season in full swing, I see - first, West Ham and other randomly picked lower-tier Premiership clubs are trying to sign Dani Benitez from Granada. There's nothing to back this up, other than a quote from his agent; “Dani would love to join a Premier League club". Lol.

Next, Vaz Te says he's happy at West Ham, but would have to consider any offer from a big club that might get him noticed in the Portuguese national side. The Star translates this as "Want away Vaz Te warns West Ham he'll leave!"

Thirdly, The Mail has us in for Paul Robinson. He's apparently on 40k a week. We're currently negotiating a new contract with Rob Green who wants parity with the other top earners at around 40k a week. We've also just permanently signed Greens 2nd, Stephen Henderson from Pompy. Funnily enough, The Mail also has us in for Manuel Almunia, too. How many keepers do they think we need?

Meanwhile, the West Ham 'in the know' fans are claiming that we're buying Joe Cole and Kieran Richardson and that Fat Sam's about to quit as he's on his way to either Liverpool or Villa, lol.

Silly season in full swing, I see - first, West Ham and other randomly picked lower-tier Premiership clubs are trying to sign Dani Benitez from Granada. There's nothing to back this up, other than a quote from his agent; “Dani would love to join a Premier League club". Lol.

Next, Vaz Te says he's happy at West Ham, but would have to consider any offer from a big club that might get him noticed in the Portuguese national side. The Star translates this as "Want away Vaz Te warns West Ham he'll leave!"

Thirdly, The Mail has us in for Paul Robinson. He's apparently on 40k a week. We're currently negotiating a new contract with Rob Green who wants parity with the other top earners at around 40k a week. We've also just permanently signed Greens 2nd, Stephen Henderson from Pompy. Funnily enough, The Mail also has us in for Manuel Almunia, too. How many keepers do they think we need?

Meanwhile, the West Ham 'in the know' fans are claiming that we're buying Joe Cole and Kieran Richardson and that Fat Sam's about to quit as he's on his way to either Liverpool or Villa, lol.

Oh please God let this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom