• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

htc one s. that carphone warehouse deal was too good to pass up - looks like I got it at the right time as they're having to put a shitter processor in to deal with demand. Had a play with my cousins One X, bit too big for my liking whereas this is just right.

what?! Got a link?

I just looked at my Last.FM charts and it only shows the last year. I forgot I had it reset at some point. I wish I could remember why. I've been a member since 2005, reset in May 2011. Wish I remembered why :/

Top 10:

1. Blue Sky Black Death
2. Two Door Cinema Club
3. Bon Iver
4. Example
5. Delta Spirit
6. Wilco
7. Kanye West
8. Tokyo Police Club
9. Matt & Kim
10. M83

That's only since last May though. So pretty much my top 10 in the last year. My username is: digitalelite (oh, a snapshot of the past)

Fry

Oasis

The Killers

Eminem

Nirvana

Kings of Leon

Blur

Arctic Monkeys

Gorillaz

Green Day

Muse

I barely listened to any songs this year, though. :/

You're not alone. A couple of good songs in a sea of shit.
liam_gallagher-middle_finger.jpg

My commute is dominated by podcasts, so whenever I listen to music I try to catch up on new music (which is impossible to actually do) so I have easily over a thousand artists listened to in the past year.

Fry

I've discovered from last.fm that there are a TON of fans in Brazil. Half my friend list (not quite but essentially) is made up of random Brazilians who've added me due to our similar tastes.

Guess what? I think we're already friends there. this is my profile.

I added you and Blablurn before my GAF account was activated haha.

I've discovered from last.fm that there are a TON of fans in Brazil. Half my friend list (not quite but essentially) is made up of random Brazilians who've added me due to our similar tastes.
Yeah. British music, Oasis in particular, is really big in South America. Don't look back in anger performed at the Riverplate stadium gig has to be the best live version. What a crowd.

elsk

Banned

Manager

Powell sounds a bit of a ego.

Bit like the defender United got from City back in Jan. I can't even remember his name, but the first thing he did was go on his Twitter and say it was great to be joining the champions and evey other message was digging at City.

Glad it's worked out for him though.

Frederic Veseli. Went all silent about him. Barely played for youth teams/reserves.

Can I get an unbiased opinion on Russia's performance in tonight's game?

Personally I thought the defense looked porous and could not defend the counter. And going forward they tried to pass it around too much trying for the perfect through ball.

Not liking our chances going forward.

Wilbur

Banned
I did a poll for the uni newspaper where we had to list our 5 favourite musicians/bands, films, television shows and books. I'm gonna go find it because I can't remember exactly what I wrote. I don't have LastFM, I always found it confusing to use.

Can I get an unbiased opinion on Russia's performance in tonight's game?

Personally I thought the defense looked porous and could not defend the counter. And going forward they tried to pass it around too much trying for the perfect through ball.

Not liking our chances going forward.

I thought Russia played nice flowing football like in their first match. Just today you guys wasted too many chances, can't count the number of times Zhirkov and Arshavin missed their cross/cut back for an easy tap in. Defensively you struggled a lot more than in the first game but Poland were pretty fast on the counters.

I wouldn't be worried about your chances, you will beat Greece and reach the quarter final. I do expect you to lose against the first big team you play though, your players looked exhausted towards the end of the match and Russia playstyle requires a lot of energy with continuous runs and killer balls.

You'll be punished in the knockout stage if you keep missing so many clear cut chances.

bjaelke

I don't have LastFM, I always found it confusing to use.

It's just a passive app that tracks all songs played across different media players (winamp, itunes, spotify etc) and logs it to your online profile. They've probably improved it a lot since I used it, but there's really nothing to "use".

I thought Russia played nice flowing football like in their first match. Just today you guys wasted too many chances, can't count the number of times Zhirkov and Arshavin missed their cross/cut back for an easy tap in. Defensively you struggled a lot more than in the first game but Poland were pretty fast on the counters.

I wouldn't be worried about your chances, you will beat Greece and reach the quarter final. I do expect you to lose against the first big team you play though, your players looked exhausted towards the end of the match and Russia playstyle requires a lot of energy with continuous runs and killer balls.

You'll be punished in the knockout stage if you keep missing so many clear cut chances.

That's why winning today was so key. We could have clinched first place and then rested our players and unleashed Pog the Log on the Greeks.

Salvadora

Yeah Zhirkov and especially Arshavin should have done better in the final third, Lost the ball far too easily.

Fry

I know it wasn't you who made that, so I can freely call him a cunt. Both had car accidents in their childhood. I don't think it's fun to mock them.

Tevez is allowed though.

Meier

Yeah, mine is since 2004 as well. I used a Zune for a little while (hah) and scrobbling was wonky as fuuuuck (never got it to work personally) so I have about a year or so of missing plays in here. The Zune Social site was garbage and rarely tracked all my plays for it let as well.. terrible site in that regard -- missing shitloads of Kanye West for instance as I was doing nothing but listening to 808s and Heartbreak for ages around this time. It did track the following though:

OASIS - 809 plays
THE KILLERS - 459 plays
COLDPLAY - 383 plays
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE - 279 plays
THE RIFLES - 229 plays
ARCTIC MONKEYS - 218 plays
KEANE - 215 plays
RYAN ADAMS - 205 plays

This is my top 15 on last.fm from the past year.

1 The Throne 683
2 Sleigh Bells 547
3 Kanye West 488
4 Oasis 483
4 Arctic Monkeys 483
6 Keane 477
7 Foster the People 417
8 Band of Horses 407
9 Ryan Adams 390
10 The Rifles 379
11 Coldplay 333
12 Friendly Fires 327
13 Amy Winehouse 311
14 The Vaccines 307
15 Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 302

Been listening to a bit more indie American stuff as of late although still lots of Brits. Got on Michael Kiwanuka currently.

Yen

I know it wasn't you who made that, so I can freely call him a cunt. Both had car accidents in their childhood. I don't think it's fun to mock them.

Tevez is allowed though.

Tevez had a childhood accident...? Unless him being a twit justifies it...

Clegg

It's a bit unfair to Lescott to mash him in with Ribery.

Ribery is most definitely a cunt though. He's partial to underage prostitutes, allegedly.

elseanio

Yeah, mine is since 2004 as well. I used a Zune for a little while (hah) and scrobbling was wonky as fuuuuck (never got it to work personally) so I have about a year or so of missing plays in here. The Zune Social site was garbage and rarely tracked all my plays for it let as well.. terrible site in that regard -- missing shitloads of Kanye West for instance as I was doing nothing but listening to 808s and Heartbreak for ages around this time. It did track the following though:

Last 12 months is more accurate. I listen to music way way more on my portable player though, which doesn't scrobble

1. Laura Marling
2. Bon Iver
3. Neutral Milk Hotel
4. Joanna Newsom
5. Fleet Foxes
6. Animal Collective
7. Daft Punk
8. Beastie Boys
9. The Antlers
10. Built To Spill

Wilbur

Banned
Last 12 months is more accurate. I listen to music way way more on my portable player though, which doesn't scrobble

1. Laura Marling
2. Bon Iver
3. Neutral Milk Hotel
4. Joanna Newsom
5. Fleet Foxes
6. Animal Collective
7. Daft Punk
8. Beastie Boys
9. The Antlers
10. Built To Spill

Now this is good music taste

Also fuck Ribery

elsk

Banned
It's a bit unfair to Lescott to mash him in with Ribery.

Ribery is most definitely a cunt though. He's partial to underage prostitutes, allegedly.

Can't really blame him. What a childhood he must had because of his accident, and a lot of mental problems related to the accident and all the scars.

Still, he's kind of an ass sometimes. But awesome player.

Meier

Tried many times but can't get into Laura Marling or Joanna Newsom. Have been listening to a fair bit of female vocalists lately though. Obviously Sleigh Bells the most but also Alabama Shakes, Tennis, Best Coast and Beach House. Recently found out about First Aid Kit whose most recent album is phenomenal.

Goddamn. Kuba will probably become more of a transfer target for the top4-7 EPL teams. Liverpool supposedly already went after him (contract till 2013) and now that he scored a SCREAMER he'll attract even more attention from England :(
But it's coo though, if we got some good young talent to replace him.

Their manager also continues to fuck shit up. Recent TV interview:

Gegenüber „Polsat“ sagte Kucharski nun, dass er Sonntag in Danzig beim Spiel Spanien gegen Italien (1:1) Real Madrids Trainer José Mourinho (49) getroffen habe: „Ich flüsterte ihm, wenn Robert drei, vier Tore im Turnier gemacht hat, werde ich ihn kontaktieren.“ Juve-Trainer Antonio Conte (42) habe er zuvor auch schon getroffen: „Ich habe Nummern ausgetauscht mit ihm. Wir werden sehen, was daraus wird...“
Kucharski (PL manager) says he met Mou in Danzig during the Spa-Ita game and "whispered" to him that that he'll contact him when Lewandowski scored 3-4 goals in the tournament(?!). Before that he already met Juve's Conte and exchanged numbers with him...."Let's see where that leads us"

What a huge fucktard..

/typos

elsk

Banned
I always admired Kuba, he's very talented and has a lot of experience already. It will be hard to replace in short term scenario. (fake edit: maybe Perisic and bring a new young guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom