• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to morph Luke Chadwick with Jay Spearing.

183064-lsh.jpg

59_jay_1347666a.jpg

elseanio

Tried many times but can't get into Laura Marling or Joanna Newsom. Have been listening to a fair bit of female vocalists lately though. Obviously Sleigh Bells the most but also Alabama Shakes, Tennis, Best Coast and Beach House. Recently found out about First Aid Kit whose most recent album is phenomenal.

Cool, will check those bands/artist out. Marling has recently took over my obsession of Joanna Newsom. Feel her music is way easier to just listen to. Her latest album was amazing too, where Have One One Me is just too epic.

Fry

According to twitter, Sigurdsson will follow Rodgers and Liverpool is Gaston Ramirez most likely destination.

zzzzzzzz transfer rumours zzzzzzzzzz

Meier

I haven't heard of these guys, but apparently Chelsea swooped in and got 3 brothers (Musonda) to transfer from Anderlecht's youth ranks last week. Seems like this place is a hot bed for talent..

Last week at Chelsea, Gourlay oversaw their swoop for the Musonda brothers, Tika (18), Lamisha (20) and 15 year-old pearl Charly Jr. The triple deal came barely weeks after Glick's Manchester City had snapped up Musonda's former youth teammate Mathais Bossaerts, while earlier last season Manchester United chief Gill negotiated a deal with Anderlecht for Adnan Januzaj.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...elsea-should-go-extra-mile-anderlecht-3235041

I always admired Kuba, he's very talented and has a lot of experience already. It will be hard to replace in short term scenario. (fake edit: maybe Perisic and bring a new young guy)

We did manage fine without him (and Götze in his place), but it'd still suck to lose him at the time when he finally stopped having his form swings.
Großkreutz/Perisic---Reus---Götze
still looks ok and then Gündogan, Leitner & Bittencourt should be able to play CAM as well, but we would definitely need someone else for CAM/right wing.
I'd love Kuba to extend for 3-4 more years.

Clegg

Musonda is supposedly one of the brightest young talents in Europe.

It'll be years before he actually plays for City though.

Januzaj is getting pretty good reviews for Uniteds youth team.

So guys I have come to the conclusion I am a hypochondriac, I blame the internet and every little thing potentially being a symptom of some cancer or another

Meier

Gotta feel for Swansea but the writing was on the wall when it was announced that the transfer wasn't official before. I wonder if Hannover will get a bit extra out of Liverpool due to the fact that his price was in theory a bit lower for Swansea since they paid something up front to loan him. His transfer fee was ridiculously low given the success he had there.

elsk

Banned
Gotta feel for Swansea but the writing was on the wall when it was announced that the transfer wasn't official before. I wonder if Hannover will get a bit extra out of Liverpool due to the fact that his price was in theory a bit lower for Swansea since they paid something up front to loan him. His transfer fee was ridiculously low given the success he had there.

Hannover?

Hixx

So guys I have come to the conclusion I am a hypochondriac, I blame the internet and every little thing potentially being a symptom of some cancer or another

I thought I had testicular cancer yesterday turns out it was a tiny spot on my bollocks

THE SHAME. Spots on genitals are for hookers and fat people.

220px-Bender_Rodriguez.png

elseanio

Would Liverpool be willing to loan out Sterling?

I don't mean just to Swansea but even to a Championship side.

He could benefit from more regular first team football.

I think he'll play a bit more next season. Word was around that Dalglish was going to play him a lot, but I'm sure Brendon will have his own ideas on that.

I thought I had testicular cancer yesterday turns out it was a tiny spot on my bollocks

THE SHAME. Spots on genitals are for hookers and fat people.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a6/Bender_Rodriguez.png/220px-Bender_Rodriguez.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well in on the good news! I remember discovering a lump when I was around 15/16. Was terrified to go the doctors. Turns out it was just a cyst!

elsk

Banned
A english-jamaican guy in another forum said that Sterling was on his way to be the next Messi.

Just wanted to share the joy.

Clegg

I think he'll play a bit more next season. Word was around that Dalglish was going to play him a lot, but I'm sure Brendon will have his own ideas on that.

Fair enough.

It would probably be better to keep him closer to the club anyway.

I'd imagine that they don't want him impregnating any more women either.

I always admired Kuba, he's very talented and has a lot of experience already. It will be hard to replace in short term scenario. (fake edit: maybe Perisic and bring a new young guy)

The same Kuba that was almost gone just six months ago is now hard to replace? Okay...

Kucharski (PL manager) says he met Mou in Danzig during the Spa-Ita game and "whispered" to him that that he'll contact him when Lewandowski scored 3-4 goals in the tournament(?!). Before that he already met Juve's Conte and exchanged numbers with him...."Let's see where that leads us"

What a huge fucktard..

/typos

You got them mixed up. Kucharski is Lewandowski's player agent not Poland's manager, that's Smuda.

And seriously, if I were Watzke or Zorc I'd just tell Lewandowski to ditch his agent and get a new one or to fuck off (next year). I wouldn't be surprised if Kucharski was the reason that the Wolski deal might fail after all.

Mastadon

Banned
Interestingly enough, according to The Times, Brendan Rodgers was Levy's first choice to replace Harry when it looked like he'd get the England job.

Clegg

This is most likely 100% bollocks but:

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
JUST IN:according to very well PSG facts informed radio RMC,PSG made official bid 77m € to Milan to ship together T. Silva and Ibrahimovic!

elsk

Banned
Actually a friend of mine is a hardcore milan fan and he tweeted about Silva and Ibra leaving. Would be mind-blowing!

The same Kuba that was almost gone just six months ago is now hard to replace? Okay...
(...)
Ya, Kucharski != Smuda ;(
Wolski will probably go to Italy and then end up being loaned back and forth while being caught in some weird, divided ownership deals. Hope he learns his lesson.
But hey, we did have Kagawa too for the most part. We weren't all that great with Lewandowski at CAM, lol. If Kuba will leave too, then we def. need someone else to step in.

choodi

Banned
Goddamn. Kuba will probably become more of a transfer target for the top4-7 EPL teams. Liverpool supposedly already went after him (contract till 2013) and now that he scored a SCREAMER he'll attract even more attention from England :(

Ha ha, you just called Liverpool a top 7 club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom