• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Nothing on the internet regarding Barnetta to Newcastle other than the odd "Barnetta refused new contract so might interest Newcastle again".

Is he any good? I remember hearing some decent things in the past. I guess anyone would be a step up from Obertan.

doicare

Pogba NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
yvQnB.jpg

Carbonox

Apparently Newcastle have entered talks with Montpellier over Yanga M'Biwa. This is good news.

Looks like our acquisitions could be the following at least:

Mathieu Debuchy
Mapou Yanga M'biwa
Romain Amalfitano
Mark Davies
Tranquillio Barnetta

Would be something, eh?

Still, only Debuchy would be a starter out of that bunch (possibly Yanga M'biwa). Davies would be a replacement for Guthrie, with Amalfitano hovering. Barnetta would just add depth and better options on the wing. Need one more striker and I think we'll be good to go.

Bumhead

Banned
Jeff, have you seen the latest on BBC Football about Rovers being in "Confusion" according to Venkatesh Rao?

Shocking stuff. "In the next month we will have a proper situation talk about" - as if being relegated isn't a proper situation. "Right now we are in total shock" - as if relegation came as some sort of surprise.

They've not a fucking clue about The Championship and they've not a plan for dealing with it. God speed with getting rid of these lot because they'll have you relegated again inside 2 or 3 seasons.

"@jonnailed: @Asabob20 any chance of plying your trade at Manchester United next year?? cmon tell me... #mufc" Haha you tell me

That's Kwadwo Asamoah. It's a shame we won't sign him.

Btw dc, Kun has said on Argentine radio he's staying at City.

WJD

That's Kwadwo Asamoah. It's a shame we won't sign him.

Btw dc, Kun has said on Argentine radio he's staying at City.

He'd be a more likely signing than Hazard I reckon. He also looks like a proper midfielder from the clips I've seen, as opposed to an attacking mid.

Reckon he could fit in nicely next to Carrick and behind Kagawa!

He'd be a more likely signing than Hazard I reckon. He also looks like a proper midfielder from the clips I've seen, as opposed to an attacking mid.

Reckon he could fit in nicely next to Carrick and behind Kagawa!
Never seen him play. Sounds like it makes sense though, so we won't be signing him.

Kenka

Apparently Newcastle have entered talks with Montpellier over Yanga M'Biwa. This is good news.

Looks like our acquisitions could be the following at least:

Mathieu Debuchy
Mapou Yanga M'biwa
Romain Amalfitano
Mark Davies
Tranquillio Barnetta
I've watched Montpellier these last three seasons, they are a french version of Werder. And I must say, that M'biwa would be better off to Gladbach. He plays in the same style as Dante and he would have CL opportunities next year as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Now Kranjcar looks to be leaving. :(

The Spurs squad is going to get quite a shake-up it seems:

Out...Gio, Defoe, Kranjcar, Bassong, Corluka, Pienaar, Gomes, Nelsen, Bentley, Jenas

Potentially in...Adebayor, Vertonghen, Remy, Asamoah, Hoilett

Then there are the youngsters coming back from loan, Caulker, Townsend and Naughton. Assuming Modric stays
lol
we would have a squad good enough to survive the kind of injury shite we had this season and maintain a 10 point lead in the table if we ever managed to build one up again.

fuenf

I've watched Montpellier these last three seasons, they are a french version of Werder. And I must say, that M'biwa would be better off to Gladbach. He plays in the same style as Dante and he would have CL opportunities next year as well.

I'm really worried about Gladbach's chances of qualifying for the CL, i dont doubt that they'll have a good squad but it will be hard to compensate the loses of Dante, Reuß and Neustädter that early in the season. Wish they somehow would've managed to snatch 3rd place from Schalke.

edit:but even if dont they could do some damage in the Europa League (not like Mainz lol) and secure vital points for the country ranking.

Meier

i think he'll end up in City. if not this season, next transfer. very mercenary like behavior.
He's been at Lille for 1/3rd of his life. I don't think mercenary is a term I'd associate with him. Dude is just trying to get paid and feel confident in his decision, I don't see a problem with it.

I think he'll end up at Chelsea which will bum me out since I've been following him for awhile but it is what it is.

Slizz

He's been at Lille for 1/3rd of his life. I don't think mercenary is a term I'd associate with him. Dude is just trying to get paid and feel confident in his decision, I don't see a problem with it.

I think he'll end up at Chelsea which will bum me out since I've been following him for awhile but it is what it is.

I think the behavior he's referring to is all the buzz coming out of his camp and his mouth about what team he'll join.

Kenka

I'm really worried about Gladbach's chances of qualifying for the CL, i dont doubt that they'll have a good squad but it will be hard to compensate the loses of Dante, Reuß and Neustädter that early in the season. Wish they somehow would've managed to snatch 3rd place from Schalke.

edit:but even if dont they could do some damage in the Europa League (not like Mainz lol) and secure vital points for the country ranking.
I understand what you mean. With good consistency, deadly strikers and a tight defence, I am sure they can get past the group stage, regardless of the opposition. These guys have won twice in the league against Munich just like Dortmund.
Xhaka won't be able to replace Reus but he will bring stability to the midfield. I just hope that Luuk de Jong will come over, or maybe Bas Dost.

In defence... that's where M'biwa will be needed. He just entered also the french national team, he's a promising young player.

lol Wolves

Away fans will be up there, plus this has only happened as we're not going ahead with phase 2 of the redevelopment. if we had done as planned then the stand thats in the way would be taken down thus removing the restricted view...

Plus i doubt they'll have those tickets up for sale...
Or they can stick away fans in the lower tier of the Steve Bull and just not sell the tickets for that part of the stand at all til the Steve Bull is torn down...

Slizz

Can Juventus reveal their new kits already? I really want that Away one if it turns to be accurate.

I bet you they are redesigning the new Home kit a little because of the recent title.

Carbonox

Huh, seems Newcastle already signed their first player - Lubomir Satka, a 16 year old defender who is captain of the U-17 Slovakian national team. Only signed him a week ago. :lol He was playing in the Hong Kong tournament that we won.

NEXT COLOCCINI (TM).

In 10 years...

Wow, being in weddings kind of sucks. Between tux rental, hotel reservations, gift, and bachelor party, I'm in like $500 each for the two weddings I'm in during June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom