• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

life's not fair, what can you do? :-(

4584438.jpg

GorillaJu

Golf. Not even once.

Talking about yourself? I really enjoy golf. It's the most therapeutic of sports that I can do. While it can be frustrating, if you hit your stride, it's supremely enjoyable.

I would think that footballers would enjoy it as rich people who like slapping balls around.

Carbonox

Used to go to the park when I was younger and just smack balls around for fun until I accidentally broke someone's front door. Put me off golf for life.

True mate. Btw, who is the player on the left on your avatar ? That's Huntelaar on the right I guess but the other one ?

That's Karagounis (Greece). I'm Greek-Cypriot and my wife is Dutch, so I'm supporting both countries this tournament.

In case of Greece Vs Holland though, I'm supporting Greece :O

Since we can't have flags this time around, a fellow gaffer was kind enough to do this avatar for me.^_^ Just like you changed yours.

GorillaJu

I concede that a laugh and a drink at the driving range is good stuff. The game itself, the paraphernalia, its cultural history (and, see Augusta, current social disposition): bleurgh.

I was a naysayer on similar grounds until I got out, learned how to hit the ball straight, and played a few rounds of 18 holes.

Just as quickly I forgot about the fact that every second commercial during golf broadcasts is for dick hardeners or prostate shrinkers, and that golf clubs are the weapon of choice for America's national past time of rich dudes murderin call girls.

It's too fun to hate.

Sloosha

I concede that a laugh and a drink at the driving range is good stuff. The game itself, the paraphernalia, its cultural history (and, see Augusta, current social disposition): bleurgh.

True enough. I have a love-hate relationship with golf depending on my current efficacy to drive off the tee. Right now I'm slicing the ball something horrid.

Golf carts are the best part of golf imo.

Sloosha

Apparently one of the agreements in his contract with United is that Old Trafford is renamed "The Garden of Eden". The things you'll do...

There will be provision in his Chelsea contract that states that he gets the pick of the players wives ahead of Terry.

If Liverpool actually do appoint Van Gaal as Sporting Director and then Villas Boas or even Ralf Rangnick as 1st team boss. Liverpool will have some of the maddest nutters ever in football running the place.

I would enjoy this very much.

pappe

This guy is unproven in the international level, unproven in European level and Has had like 2 good seasons in his career and he is asking for 200,000 pounds per week and the clubs are ready to shell out as well??

I hope this decision by whichever club that signs him backfires, just so it would make them rethink giving unproven players whatever they ask for.

Except if he signs for United. In that case fuck everything and everyone. :p

Salazar

If Liverpool actually do appoint Van Gaal as Sporting Director and then Villas Boas or even Ralf Rangnick as 1st team boss. Liverpool will have some of the maddest nutters ever in football running the place.

I would enjoy this very much.

The mind-meld with RAWK would inch towards completion.

Except if he signs for United. In that case fuck everything and everyone. :p

RonRon was a cocky bastard but he had a nutter streak to handle the pressure when it came. Hazard might just be a cocky bastard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
414 - Heskey is 1 of 22 players to score 100+ PL goals, but only Scholes (436) and Giggs (534) took more games to reach this milestone. Free

Carbonox

Sweet! Will put on my iPad when I get home from work. Thanks for this.

Talking about work, man it's quiet today. You probably have me for company all day at this rate.

Same, then again it usually is at this time of the day. I start to get rammed with shit like an hour before I finish though which is fucking charming. It's a daily occurrence so yay. At least I have football training to look forward to this evening.

Anyone seen the Venkys interview on SSN today?

Lol they are confused and will decide about Kean next month

Hope springs eternal that in reality they are selling and don't want to spend anything till then

If Hazard ends up at City i'll be disappointed, though he has been whoring himself out as a mercenary. . .and that is basically what City want.

He'd play more and make more of an impact at Utd or Chelsea. At Chelsea he'd be part of rebuilding the team too.

Juve transfer plans: http://football-italia.net/19134/juventus-reveal-transfer-plans

I wish Marotta wasn't so upfront about our plans, but anyways.

Won't quote it all.

Basically, yes to one of Suarez, RVP, or Higuain.
No to Balotelli because he's a c
razy
and Cavani because De Laurentiis is a c
unt
Wants to get Asamoah who is versatile midfielder who Conte admires (rightly so, he's one of Serie A's top 10 in the middle, easily. Probably'll be cheap to buy as well if we throw in Pazienza.).
Says Juventus believes in Giovinco. Pretty sure sign he's coming back.

Another article suggested we're going to go for Destro by offering one of Marrone, Estigarribia, or the second half of Immobile to Geona. Wouldn't get rid of Immobile. That'll bite us in the ass, and I'm quite found of Marrone. Kid shows lots of talent. I think he could easily act as vice-Marchisio/Vidal if given the chance. Esti is good, or above average, but I think Destro would do a better job out on the left.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve transfer plans: http://football-italia.net/19134/juventus-reveal-transfer-plans

I wish Marotta wasn't so upfront about our plans, but anyways.

Won't quote it all.

Basically, yes to one of Suarez, RVP, or Higuain.
No to Balotelli because he's a c
razy
and Cavani because De Laurentiis is a c
unt
Wants to get Asamoah who is versatile midfielder who Conte admires (rightly so, he's one of Serie A's top 10 in the middle, easily. Probably'll be cheap to buy as well if we throw in Pazienza.).
Says Juventus believes in Giovinco. Pretty sure sign he's coming back.

Another article suggested we're going to go for Destro by offering one of Marrone, Estigarribia, or the second half of Immobile to Geona. Wouldn't get rid of Immobile. That'll bite us in the ass, and I'm quite found of Marrone. Kid shows lots of talent. I think he could easily act as vice-Marchisio/Vidal if given the chance. Esti is good, or above average, but I think Destro would do a better job out on the left.

Marotta is clearly not on twitter I see. Higuain is staying with Madrid now!

Also according to Gazzetta (lol), we're still negotionating with De Laurentiis, and will continue to do so for a week at least.

Getting rid of Immobile is an incredibly dumb move, especially after playing (and linking up well) with Verratti for a whole season!!!!!!! :/

So apparently Newcastle have signed Tranquillo Barnetta on a free from Leverkusen. I know nothing about him really.

Edit: I should say, I heard this from a friend over Facebook so it may or may not be true haha. I just know we were linked with him last year.

Hixx

So apparently Newcastle have signed Tranquillo Barnetta on a free from Leverkusen. I know nothing about him really.

Edit: I should say, I heard this from a friend over Facebook so it may or may not be true haha. I just know we were linked with him last year.

"He was released from both Bayer Leverkusen and his Jesmond Hotel to sign for Newcastle United on a Free Transfer on the 23 May 2012,"

wtf haha

Marotta is clearly not on twitter I see. Higuain is staying with Madrid now!

Also according to Gazzetta (lol), we're still negotionating with De Laurentiis, and will continue to do so for a week at least.

Getting rid of Immobile is an incredibly dumb move, especially after playing (and linking up well) with Verratti for a whole season!!!!!!! :/

You lot can't have Suarez. I love Juve but you can't have him. Glad Aqua's come back, hopefully the new manager appreciates he's 10 times the player Charlie Adam is. Could we interest you in Joe Cole?

Fry

Lots of speculation in the Austrian media today that Man Utd are showing serious interest in Bayern Munich's young defender David Alaba. #fb

F.O.F
(fuck off Fergie)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You lot can't have Suarez. I love Juve but you can't have him. Glad Aqua's come back, hopefully the new manager appreciates he's 10 times the player Charlie Adam is. Could we interest you in Joe Cole?

I honestly don't think Suarez is leaving anytime soon. Which is why I didn't comment on him!

dc89

Man, what's the word on Hazard.

I hear Citeh didn't want to pay 200k pw for him

Such an absurd amount of cash :(

Apparently City have done negotiating with 2 players and clubs and they are final offers.

Apparently they offered Hazard just over £100k a week but he wanted double. We'll have to see I guess.

Great moment of pride which I share with all my teammates. Special mention to my brothers in arms ‪#MCFCdefenders‬.

AtkHu13CMAAtATI.jpg
@VincentKompany

Empty

i would love alaba but it's not really realistic given his age, the scarcity of quality fullbacks and the club he's already at. no way we can afford to get bayern to sell.

Man, what's the word on Hazard.

I hear Citeh didn't want to pay 200k pw for him

Such an absurd amount of cash :(
His agent said he has 3 offers and he'll decide which one he takes by June 2nd. There are also some quotes attributed to the agent in which he says wages are not the most important factor in Hazard's decision...guess we'll find out. I expect him to sign for City.

Kagawa has also said that he won't make a decision until he's finished international duty with Japan, that's a couple of weeks yet.

Lots of speculation in the Austrian media today that Man Utd are showing serious interest in Bayern Munich's young defender David Alaba. #fb

F.O.F
(fuck off Fergie)
Duncan Castles mentioned this too I think. Definitely won't happen.

Delaney seems to think that the deals for Kagawa and Baines are the most concrete. Modric and Hazard are up in the air.

The bit about Rafael and Fabio is slightly worrying imo.

Pretty much gives it away as bullshit - informed bullshit, as reasonable a reasonable speculative summary of United's transfer rumours could be, but invented-noise nevertheless; Rafael and Fabio are 21, for fuck's sake. Fabio was actually one of our best players in a Champions League final against Barcelona. Their development is fine. Jones and Smalling will leach minutes off Rafael for the next few seasons of Vidic-Rio(-Evans); after his loan, Fabio will get time at left-back as Evra is transitioned out. But I doubt they're in trouble. Just doesn't strike me as a Fergie move to jettison players on the verge of coming into their own. He's always demonstrated an understanding of potential.

If anyone should be worried, it's Anderson. Next season is probably his last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom