• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Mags getting in a tizzy on Twitter as someone has said Sky Italia are reporting that Demba Ba has signed for Galatasaray for 11m euros.

Its canny funny watching them panicking but no way is it true.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Moyes would be right for Spurs as well. One of my feelings again, no poem this time.

Seriously I'm gonna keep rooting for AVB.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Asamoah undergoing medical atm, Isla tomorrow. Reports also say that Juve have reached an agreement to buy half of Veratti for 5m plus a couple of youngsters on loan.

Things looking good. Now its time of Giovinco

AND A STRIKER!

Forza Italia tonight! It's gonna be a tought one. But with swag like this ... Gay for Principino!

l-AesCcIFILqtOoJDw.jpg

I can't help but laugh whenever I look at Iaquinta
abICd.gif
abICd.gif

faridmon

Also, Hibbert and Everton have formally announced that Hibbert is going to take the penalty kick (If one happens) this upcoming friendly game against AEK Athens.

I don't know how to riot at home. Maybe I'l break a mug or something.

:(

The only broken hearts this transfer window will be
Gunner-GAF's

I hope so
Sorry Arsenal-GAF
They already bought a player though.

I just hope we keep those two players at Everton and sign Pianaar on permenant basis. Everything else is opttional.

Wilbur

Banned
What fascinates you about AVB apart from his sideline squatting?

Well he's obviously a good manager to do what he did with Porto in his first season. I think he came to Chelsea and was nervous about having to get people like Terry and Lampard out, so reacted defensively to it. He made some good signings, and the signings that are there now - Hazard, maybe Hulk - would probably have been bought anyway and worked with his tactics.

Spurs have a team that could easily play like he would want them to and apart from maybe VdV, Gallas and Adebayor there doesn't seem like many big egos. I think he'd do well there

Well he's obviously a good manager to do what he did with Porto in his first season. I think he came to Chelsea and was nervous about having to get people like Terry and Lampard out, so reacted defensively to it. He made some good signings, and the signings that are there now - Hazard, maybe Hulk - would probably have been bought anyway and worked with his tactics.

Spurs have a team that could easily play like he would want them to and apart from maybe VdV, Gallas and Adebayor there doesn't seem like many big egos. I think he'd do well there

Van der Vaart has a smoking hot wife. He can do what he wants.

Clegg

Podolski hasn't impressed for Germany in the Euros. He's been pretty wasteful in possession and lax on the ball.

What do Bundesliga gaf think of him and will he be good at Arsenal?

Salvadora

Podolski hasn't impressed for Germany in the Euros. He's been pretty wasteful in possession and lax on the ball.

I think they said he's much better when played centrally. We all know Arsene won't do that.

He'll be good if fucking Wenger doesn't fucking play him out of fucking position.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
11M€ from Melo + 8M€ from Elia + 6M€ from Krasic + 3M€ from Ziegler = 28M€. Now let's add those 30M€ we stashed away for the WC striker and cover whatever team in gold. C'mon Falcao!

Obligatory picture whenever Vincenzone is mentioned:

vincenzo-iaquinta.jpg

abICd.gif
!

For Marotta, a 30M = 15M Striker + 3x 5M Padoins.

footballkitstore.com leaves me a bit confused here

DHL Global Mail (Register Air mail) (14-20 days arrive. Online tracking is the fastest way to find out where your shipment is)

Date - Order Status - Comments
06/03/2012 Processing
06/05/2012 Dispatch
06/14/2012 DHL Tracking RR012570185TH

I'm pretty sure that the code under comments isn't a valid tracking number, so am I supposed to get one later or what?

Yeah, LW is not his position. Köln's relegation is probably still in his mind, too. As striker, he could do well. As LW, not very optimistic.

Linius

I hate it when stuff I order takes way too long to get here. Right now I'm waiting for two weeks for a concert ticket which usually takes about three/four days to get delivered. So frustrating.

Manchester Evening News reports United are no longer going to try and float in Singapore but instead the USA.
Reuters reported this yesterday.

First sign of desperation.

My favorite Japanese writer is English, anyway. Kazuo Ishiguro. Both of his well-known books (The Remains of the Day and Never Let me Go) are, IMO, some of the best I've ever read.
Both such good books. Never Let Me Go is truly heart-breaking.

Carbonox

Mags getting in a tizzy on Twitter as someone has said Sky Italia are reporting that Demba Ba has signed for Galatasaray for 11m euros.

Its canny funny watching them panicking but no way is it true.

An odd destination but whatever. Letting him go is for the best, IMO. We need a new striker and a new winger as I want Newcastle to be playing a 4-5-1 formation. Ba doesn't fit in to that, neither would he want to be a sub.

Anyway, Tiote has come out and said again that he loves Newcastle and has no desire to leave. Atta' boy.

Galliani has apparently said "prayers have been answered" and that the "President wants to keep him" in regards to Thiago Silva.

Seems like Meelan may have pulled off a very nice PR stunt here!

faridmon

I don't know about you guys, but my favourite book is Master and Margarita. Love it so much thatI have read it 6 times. Soo good.

Currently I am reading Coming up for Air by George Orwell. So far so good.

GorillaJu

I hate reading or hearing assertions that Spurs declined because of Harry being linked with the England job. They ran into the same problem as last year – their top performers stop performing well in the back half of the season. And they were outright robbed in a few instances by poor refereeing. The game vs City was one instance, and I can't remember who the other was against but I recall it was a smaller team, maybe Norwich.

Don't think the England team thing changed anything at all.

Salvadora

I hate reading or hearing assertions that Spurs declined because of Harry being linked with the England job. They ran into the same problem as last year – their top performers stop performing well in the back half of the season. And they were outright robbed in a few instances by poor refereeing. The game vs City was one instance, and I can't remember who the other was against but I recall it was a smaller team, maybe Norwich.

Don't think the England team thing changed anything at all.

I think many have the Spurs supporters here have also mentioned that he started playing a completely different formation, one that didn't work.

Kyoufu

Why don't they just sell the club? I mean holy shit, it's either keep the club alive (in some form) or vanish forever...

An odd destination but whatever. Letting him go is for the best, IMO. We need a new striker and a new winger as I want Newcastle to be playing a 4-5-1 formation. Ba doesn't fit in to that, neither would he want to be a sub.

Anyway, Tiote has come out and said again that he loves Newcastle and has no desire to leave. Atta' boy.

We need Luuk De Jong.

Or someone awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom