• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Has had like 2 good seasons in his career and he is asking for 200,000 pounds per week and the clubs are ready to shell out as well??
He's won the POTY award twice running and was the first non-French player to win the Ligue 1 YPOTY ever and then he did it a second time. His only real competition in Europe for best young talent is Gotze and he's had a much more impressive career thus far.

I think everyone agrees he doesn't deserve that much yet but he's had 4 impressive seasons in a row in a top European league and is the top prospect on the continent. It's no surprise a team would do whatever they can to sign him.

PaulLFC

Score! is far too addictive. Got 3 stars on all amateur levels now, finished professional (but still need to 3 star it) and working through bonus mode.

I wish they'd add a fourth option, where you can choose exactly what you do and just see what happens - draw a line, choose pass, lob, cross or shot, choose the type of shot or header attempted if the ball's in the air, and just see what the result is. Could be very slow-paced, but as a side distraction it'd be fun.

Score! is far too addictive. Got 3 stars on all amateur levels now, finished professional (but still need to 3 star it) and working through bonus mode.

I wish they'd add a fourth option, where you can choose exactly what you do and just see what happens - draw a line, choose pass, lob, cross or shot, choose the type of shot or header attempted if the ball's in the air, and just see what the result is. Could be very slow-paced, but as a side distraction it'd be fun.

iPad or iPhone?

^^I thought he took a pay cut to play with Barca?

I'm playing it on iPad, but it's universal so it'll work on iPhone too.

Oh I know
still bitter that when I posted about it days ago that no1 responded
. I've been playing it on both and find the iPad to be immensely easier.

I am sat in college really fucking bored watching Italy u19 vs Belguim u19. No idea why...

Oh I know
still bitter that when I posted about it days ago that no1 responded
. I've been playing it on both and find the iPad to be immensely easier.

Also I brought this when you mentioned it so thanks! it was like one in the morning and I played for a good hour or so haha.

Oh did he? I really don't know tbh. I just assumed he got more cause that's how usually these kind of things go.

If so, I stand corrected and good for him

did some googlin:

Barcelona will pay Arsenal 29m euros (£25.4m) up front for Fabregas, with the player contributing 1m euros (£880,000) from his salary each year of the initial contract.

He agreed to take a pay cut from €4 million to €3 million,so that he can pay €1million to Arsenal for the next 5years as a deal to transfer to Barca.. So, €3million a year divided by 52 weeks, he's earning about €58,000 per week.. meager sum compared to other Barca stars.

I was not aware, bravo to Cesc!

Messi

Barca Home and Goalkeeper kit purchased. Could not get valdes printed due to an error. But the home is printed.

Stupidly excited to get them next week

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Father’s last football game, gets subbed off for his son. And the other players let the kid score. :p
Guardian Serie A awards - great read with lots of lovely YouTube links

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/23/the-bandinis-2012-serie-a
Thanks!!

EDIT: I can't watch anything right now because there are other people around
Oh what a shame..

Press conference (really loud): Aston Villa's new manager revealed!

It's a pretty cool game. I wish they'd add some domestic goals though, I don't really like professional either.

The animations are great in it.

Has anyone here seen The Grey? I watched it yesterday. It was alright, but the camera work (not really sure of the correct term for this) was very inconsistent. Also, Liam Neeson and his poem reading kind of spoiled things. I think it was supposed to seem deep and meaningful, but it was really awkward to hear/watch. His voice really pisses me off now as well. There's nothing wrong with a Northern Irish accent or an American accent, but a fusion of the two just makes it seem like one of them is doing and a bad impression of the other. Just pick one and stick with it!

Clegg

I'm pretty sure GAF hyped The Grey up to ridiculous standards.

I remember people saying it would be movie of the year.

Carbonox

Has anyone here seen The Grey? I watched it yesterday. It was alright, but the camera work (not really sure of the correct term for this) was very inconsistent. Also, Liam Neeson and his poem reading kind of spoiled things. I think it was supposed to seem deep and meaningful, but it was really awkward to hear/watch. His voice really pisses me off now as well. There's nothing wrong with a Northern Irish accent or an American accent, but a fusion of the two just makes it seem like one of them is doing and a bad impression of the other. Just pick one and stick with it!

You...you don't like Neeson's voice? Get out.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen The Grey but I'm not fussed really. Drive was brilliant but personally I liked Tinker Tailor more.

I've only actually seen 4 actual 2012 films :/ saw a bunch at the start of the year, The Artist, Descendants etc that came out in America in 2011, and the Raid is a 2011 film... but that and 21 Jump Street were the best films I've seen in cinemas recently.

Although Prometheus looks fucking insanely good, and Batman will be awesome too.

Kozak

Banned
I was not aware, bravo to Cesc!

Bravo? That just makes him look like the biggest fucking cunt in football after what he just said in that article.... That desperate to leave Arsenal that you'd take a massive pay cut to pay for your own transfer and has the nerve to suggest that RVP should stay? Who does he think he is? Makes Nasri look like a saint.

And what kind of club makes their own player pay for their fucking transfer? Scum. Not even to mention Barcelona received a huge discount on his price in the first place.

Pay 66 million for Zlatan and can't afford to pay an extra 5 million for the Premier Leagues bet midfielder lol.

Damn...

I hate Barcelona...

A lot..

0_o

dschalter

Bravo? That just makes him look like the biggest fucking cunt in football after what he just said in that article.... That desperate to leave Arsenal and has the nerve to suggest that RVP should stay? Who do you think you are?

And what kind of club makes their own player pay for their fucking transfer? Scum. Not even to mention Barcelona received a huge discount on his price in the first place.

Pay 66 million for Zlatan and can't afford to pay an extra 5 million for the Premier Leagues bet midfielder lol.

Damn...

I hate Barcelona...

A lot..

0_o

this is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Bravo? That just makes him look like the biggest fucking cunt in football after what he just said in that article.... That desperate to leave Arsenal that you'd take a massive pay cut to pay for your own transfer and has the nerve to suggest that RVP should stay? Who does he think he is? Makes Nasri look like a saint.

Damn...

I hate Barcelona...

A lot..

0_o

Yeap, quite obviously you do.

I don't really like them either, but don't blame Fabregas that much. He obviously did it to join the team he loved the most. Is RVP doing it for any other reason other than money?

this is a ridiculous exaggeration.

yeap :p

eitherway, this is ancient history (for most but obviously not for me:p ), so there's no reason to start fussing about it again I suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lDazp.gif

Kozak

Banned
Kozak how has been Bienvenu this season ? Did he fare well in Fener ?

He's good player who didn't really get to feature once we brought in Sow. I hope we don't ship him off, he's still young and he could still shine. It was a bit unlucky for him that he started to find his feet after we brought in Sow.

Wilbur

Banned
NO! FUCK YOU

I despise Morgan Freeman. One of the most limited actors working today and all because he has a smooth voice people want to bone him into next week. He has the fortune of being in good films like Seven and Batman, and even things I don't think are that great like Unforgiven and Shawshank. He's exactly the same in fucking everything

Hixx

I despise Morgan Freeman. One of the most limited actors working today and all because he has a smooth voice people want to bone him into next week. He has the fortune of being in good films like Seven and Batman,and even things I don't think are that great like Unforgiven and Shawshank. He's exactly the same in fucking everything

ib2wl3cz7lKBUC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom