• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The bitterness towards Torres here is palpable.

I don't think anyone is bitter about Torres.

He's just declined so much as a footballer that it's partly sad/pathetic to see what he has become.

Torres hasn't been a top class striker in years. Even if he scores 5 against Ireland it won't matter coz we're shit.

Yeah, I don't understand it. He's awesome when he's on top form.

That it has been two years since he has shown anything near to top form might explain that, then walked around looking into the ground and talking shit in the press instead of just working hard to get on the team. Then people trying to defend him makes you a bit pissy.

dc89

That it has been two years since he has shown anything near to top form might explain that, then walked around looking into the ground and talking shit in the press instead of just working hard to get on the team. Then people trying to defend him makes you a bit pissy.

Well to be honest I just like to see good players play football. And Torres can do that at times.

The rest of it is not my concern cause he plays for Chelsea lol.

Clegg

Lads.

We're absolute shit.

Lets not forget that UEFA want to expand the tournament to 24 teams.

If we're able to qualify for this 16 team tournament then can you imagine the shite that will be in the Euros when its expanded?

dc89

FUCK it's a sad day. My bro has signed up for GAF.

Lads.

We're absolute shit.

If we're able to qualify for this 16 team tournament then can you imagine the shite that will be in the Euros when its expanded?

Shite like Belgium.

Wilbur

Banned
Lads.

We're absolute shit.

No idea how Belgium and Turkey didn't get in but you did...

It was a great finish.

But his days of consistently great performances are long gone.

He's lucky if he plays well once every 5 games.

Sure. I didn't say anything to contradict that statement. I was just saying it was a nice finish.

My Friend is away today so if you want to play FIFA again just 2v2, 1v1 or get Slizz involved i'm up for it!

Ok, I'll be home around the usual time.

Im still annoyed at his comments post champions league final.

If he has concerns I have no issue with him airing them, but to do it so quickly, he was only thinking of himself. We're (the fans) the ones who backed him all season, quite frankly I thought he would treat us a bit better, then to come out and say "i'll stay for Roman!" or something was a joke.

I get that football is all about money and stuff, but like I said, we always backed him. Singing his name when he was on the bench against Wolves, always cheering him EVERYTIME he was on the pitch.

You could clearly see in the Italy game he was in a sulk when he came on because he didn't start. I think the £50m price-tag and the hat-trick against QPR might have gone to his head a bit.

Im still annoyed at his comments post champions league final.

If he has concerns I have no issue with him airing them, but to do it so quickly, he was only thinking of himself. We're (the fans) the ones who backed him all season, quite frankly I thought he would treat us a bit better, then to come out and say "i'll stay for Roman!" or something was a joke.

I get that football is all about money and stuff, but like I said, we always backed him. Singing his name when he was on the bench against Wolves, always cheering him EVERYTIME he was on the pitch.

You could clearly see in the Italy game he was in a sulk when he came on because he didn't start. I think the £50m price-tag and the hat-trick against QPR might have gone to his head a bit.

I might be wrong but didn't he say he respected the fans and thanked them for there support even though he was in a slump? I would be pissed to if I was promised game time and then never got it.

I might be wrong but didn't he say he respected the fans and thanked them for there support even though he was in a slump? I would be pissed to if I was promised game time and then never got it.

He did in the interview, which he did a couple of hours after winning the CL final. Then said he'd stay for Roman..!

Clegg

You mean he went back to being good?

I must have missed it.

You did miss it.

untitled-1szmdo.gif

Meier

How would he be better in a side like, lets say Stoke City/Sunderland than a team playing under a real tactician and also playing in CL?

I think they want to buy him, tho.

I think ultimately it would benefit him to get used to playing in the PL if he wants to then crack MCFC's first team. Ultimately though, I hope he is just loaned out for the next season and not sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom