• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ib2wl3cz7lKBUC.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

Yeah. Unforgiven is let down massively by the on the nose script and Eastwood's weak lead performance, while Shawshank is overly long and sentimental bobbins.

And it's so damn hot, I'm sticking to the sofa. I'm not even masturbating.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Morgan Freeman has a fucking annoying voice though :lol; also he has no range whatsoever.

I despise Morgan Freeman. One of the most limited actors working today and all because he has a smooth voice people want to bone him into next week. He has the fortune of being in good films like Seven and Batman, and even things I don't think are that great like Unforgiven and Shawshank. He's exactly the same in fucking everything

MADNESS IN THE HOUSE OF WILBURYS!

Guardian Serie A awards - great read with lots of lovely YouTube links

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/23/the-bandinis-2012-serie-a

Haha Zamps got his own award!

The Maurizio Zamparini award for most inexplicable turn of phrase

An award which can only ever go to one man. "I am eating my second testicle," said Zamparini after Palermo were beaten by a Bologna side managed by Pioli. "I already ate the first."

0 – Serie A games played by Palermo under the manager Stefano Pioli, who was appointed and fired by Maurizio Zamparini last summer before the season had even begun.

Most phyrric victory

Palermo's match against Parma in December was reported to have finished goalless, but in fog like this nobody could be truly certain.

z8Q0U.jpg

That match was not entertaining to watch. Also I somehow missed :

After weeks of speculation over whether he could hold down the Palermo job long enough to 'eat his Panettone', Devis Mangia brought the Milanese Christmas cake to his press conference on 17 December and gobbled down a few mouthfuls for everyone to see. He was sacked two days later.

pappe

He's just so bland... he just plays Morgan Freeman in everything, and that alone does not make me think he's a talented actor.

Fuck Morgan Freeman. Fuck him.

Although i dont agree with them, The Wilbury's do have a point.

He is the same in every scene. I remember in TDK when Batman introduces the Sonar thing with which he could spy on the whole city. I couldn't make out whether he was impressed or angry.

Meier

I read an article yesterday that also said Roque Santa Cruz wants to stay permanently at Real Betis. Hopefully we can make these permanent. I had to pay Wayne Bridge $35k per week on FM to compensate for his new team paying him less.. I'd say do that if need be if that's a sticking point for permanent moves. Rumor has it we're paying the majority of these guys' salaries as is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Got nothing to bitch about then. Damn, hope you have some awesome air conditioning.
I bought one like this
Toddler-enjoying-air-cond-002.jpg

The hot-->cold-->hot weather makes my nose bleed :/

Although i dont agree with them, The Wilbury's do have a point.

He is the same in every scene. I remember in TDK when Batman introduces the Sonar thing with which he could spy on the whole city. I couldn't make out whether he was impressed or angry.

The directors hire him to play THIS guy. :p

Fry

I've always thought Morgan Freeman wasn't all that too. But he definitely isn't a bad actor or anything, just gets overpraised.

Clegg

United made £12m profit last year.

It would have £62m if they didn't have to pay off the debt interest loaded on by the Glazers.

Thats pretty impressive imo.

my two cents on Morgan Freeman: He always plays the same character, but his voice is great for documentaries. Like the one with the penguins. That was good shit.

Clegg

Liverpool, by contrast, made an operating loss of £90m. Had they not recorded a profit of £43m for the sale of players, including £50m from Chelsea for Fernando Torres (the money spent on buying players, such as Carroll, is accounted for more gradually), Liverpool would have stated a much greater overall loss than the £49m final figure.

Meier

Fucking hell.

The extra income from the Champions League and winning the league, topping the money for TV revenue, etc. should make 2011-2012 loss much smaller. Still a ways to go to be profitable though undoubtedly. These figures put that $6-7 billion loss on 1 trade by JP Morgan Chase in perspective though. Yikes.

Wilbur

Banned
I love Sam Jackson.

But he definitely plays the same character in every movie he's in.

There isn't this myth that he's a magnificent actor in everything though. As a pop culture icon, yes, and he is great in some things, but for instance in Avengers everyone's slating him and rightly so because he was 20 gallons of wank milk in that film.

Freeman is just praised everywhere, and:

I've always thought Morgan Freeman wasn't all that too. But he definitely isn't a bad actor or anything, just gets overpraised.

this is what I think, and what I don't get. He's not necessarily bad, but he could play a detective, a prisoner, a CEO, a cowboy, God, and they're all the fucking same. It's not like someone like Paul Rudd who plays the same type in every film because the character - middle aged middle class etc etc - is the same.

United made £12m profit last year.

It would have £62m if they didn't have to pay off the debt interest loaded on by the Glazers.

Thats pretty impressive imo.

It's very impressive if you forget about the debt. The fact we continue to make money is brilliant.

Then you remember the debt.

elsk

Banned
According to "Sky Sport News", Dzeko has agreed personal terms with Bayern. No agreement between clubs yet.

... ok?

fuenf

According to "Sky Sport News", Dzeko has agreed personal terms with Bayern. No agreement between clubs yet.

... ok?

doesnt make sense, why would they pay 20m+ for essentially Gomez 2? Well, if they sell Robben on the other hand.. mh :)

Meier

... ok?

Sounds good to me, after the Bayern strikers fucked up in the CL final I posted in here we have a striker waiting for you! I think he'll do quite well at Bayern due in part to his previous success in Germany. 19 goals in 40 appearances for City was nothing to sneeze at.. unfortunately the bulk of those came early on but he'll always be a club hero for the late equalizer against QPR.

The Mail posted an article about 15 minutes ago apparently saying he'd told his agent to find him a new club. Ironic since just 5 days ago his agent said he was happy at City, haha.

fuenf

At least Dzeko has ball control and a decent first touch. Still, I was hoping for Falcao :(

As along as Robben is a winger for Bayern it wont matter who is the striker and it's not exactly like Dzeko set the world on fire at City.

Sounds good to me, after the Bayern strikers fucked up in the CL final I posted in here we have a striker waiting for you! I think he'll do quite well at Bayern due in part to his previous success in Germany. 19 goals in 40 appearances for City was nothing to sneeze at.. unfortunately the bulk of those came early on but he'll always be a club hero for the late equalizer against QPR.

I reckon it would be exactly the same at Bayern. Dzeko's success at Wolfsburg was helped by their counter-attacking playstyle.

My favourite actor at the moment is Daniel FUCKING Day Lewis. WHAT A MAN

If I asked him to have sex with me, he would learn all the positions neccessary to do if; that's what kind of man he is.

Also I have a major man crush on Idris Elba *swoon*

Carbonox

Thank you based Ashley

Hopefully next time when the reports are due, it should show us being self-sufficient financially, which would be brilliant. Despite being a cunt (not so much now because he's done some good things), he's a top businessman and is really turning the club around financially.

Carbonox

I don't see anything on their site about Dzeko. Was this on their news channel?

West Ham have released Carew, Faye, Diop and Faubert. Remember when Faubert went to Real Madrid temporarily? :lol

Also apparently Chelsea are the closest to striking a deal with Sao Paulo for Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom