• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Damn, yeah it is. Good thing I can get away wearing a kids XL jersey. Cheaper! :D
I'm sure I can get away with wearing a kids jersey as well :/

It doesn't look that bad, I have that bayern jersey.

Yeah, at least it looks WAY better than Betclic

603096_399483773427432_658498924_n.jpg

pulga

Banned
Yeah im not too broken up about the sticker. White letters wouldve been 100% better but meh. It's still an awesome shirt.

GorillaJu

screenshot2012-06-16a58mmu.png

They are 21 and 23. Walcott is still only 23 as well (though it does feel like he's been around forever). The Ox is only 18. Jordan Henderson and Jonjo Shelvey are 20. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling, and Martin Kelly are 20, 22 and 22. Jack Robinson (Liverpool youth LB, very highly rated) is 18. Raheem Sterling is 17. Then there are all the other players who are legitimate talents like the young Villa players, obviously I'm naming the ones I'm familiar with who are mostly Liverpool players.

England's future surely isn't that bad, is it?

Salazar

You name some Liverpool youth defender whose mum probably struggles to remember him and you don't talk Cleverley.

Do me a fucking favour.

elsk

Banned
Wilson Palacios and Valencia having a good time in Roatan, Honduras.

ikRsQJ2n0twOW.jpeg

And according to rumors, Messi was in Roatan two days ago!!!! :(

rodvik

He wasnt trying to slight anyone else he was just listing good English prospects for the future to give us hope.

Anyways from Villa I would throw in Gardner. If he can develop his ability to control the game he is a real talent. Has a beauty of a free kick in him as well.

GorillaJu

There a few players I was slighting, but only affectionately :p

The only England player who I think gets more credit than he deserves is Micah Richards. Kyle Walker over him, every day for me. Maybe it's just me but I get really tired of his attitude every time the England squad is selected and he's not in it. He doesn't have the same quality Walker and Johnson have.

rodvik

There a few players I was slighting, but only affectionately :p

The only England player who I think gets more credit than he deserves is Micah Richards. Kyle Walker over him, every day for me. Maybe it's just me but I get really tired of his attitude every time the England squad is selected and he's not in it. He doesn't have the same quality Walker and Johnson have.

Walker really is good I agree. Spurs are lucky to have him.

rodvik

Milner had a better game than Young. Milner at least got a handful of crosses in the penalty area in the first half but was right to be swapped when he did as he was getting sucked out of position too much and didn't have the pace to cover back. Ashley did nothing and in the second half consistently lost the ball much to my anguish.

Agreed on this. Milner played ok first half. Young was just invisible most of the game.

edit: Scratch that. Young was so bad either. He just has a hard time defensively.

dc89

They are 21 and 23. Walcott is still only 23 as well (though it does feel like he's been around forever). The Ox is only 18. Jordan Henderson and Jonjo Shelvey are 20. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling, and Martin Kelly are 20, 22 and 22. Jack Robinson (Liverpool youth LB, very highly rated) is 18. Raheem Sterling is 17. Then there are all the other players who are legitimate talents like the young Villa players, obviously I'm naming the ones I'm familiar with who are mostly Liverpool players.

Add in Micah Richards and Joe Hart and yeah, it's alright.

Labadal

Apparently Liverpool 3rd kit is gonna have orange shorts/socks (remembering that it is a purple shirt with tribal patterns...)

I'd buy it.

________

Today has been a wierd day. Yesterday was my last day at my work. I knew for some time I was getting laid off, but it's not until now that reality has really sunk in. Knowing that I won't be going to work on Monday feels strange. I tried to look cheerful yesterday, because it was the last day of school for the kids. They have a 10 week summer break. They'd come up to me and tell me that I didn't look as happy as usual, but I told them they were crazy and that I was super happy. I told them after all the ceremonies were over that it was my last day at work and they were very sad. I wasn't far from crying, but that would only have made things worse. I promised them that I'd check on them next semester and see how they are doing. All the staff had a big dinner and at the end everyone that was leaving got flowers and held a little speech. Yeah, like I gave a shit about that. On

Now that Sweden are knocked out of the Euro's, I hope England takes it home, but we all know they won't.

elseanio

Do you trust Warrior after that away kit and the 3rd kit?

Does it really matter in the end? They're paying us £20m a season regardless of what our kit looks like. Hopefully the shite kits/merch wont sell, and they do more research on what will

These are really disgusting:

S1cRz.jpg
XdbIl.jpg

ktOBx.jpg
OsS2h.jpg

TQJrl.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry to hear that Labadal, hopefully you have another job lined up or prospects to look forward to.

What game are people watching tonight, or flicking between them?

Labadal

England's future doesn't look that bad.

Joe Hart will be the no1 choice for years to come if nothing unexpected happens.

Walker, Richards, Cahill (has at least 3 more tourneys in him), Bertrand, Jones, Robinson, Kelly, Smalling, Gibbs, Evans

Albrighton, Johnson, Shelvey, Cleverley, G. Gardner, Delph, Henderson (I believe!), McEachran, Sterling, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Lennon, Rose

Delfouneso, Welbeck, Sturridge, Carroll, Walcott, Rooney

I'm sure I missed some players, but they do have good players and lots of players that are shoiwng promise. Winning cups is an entirely different story.

Yen

elseanio, I hope the shirts/mercy does sell because we're getting all the profit from it.

Sorry to hear that Labadal.

Labadal

Sorry to hear that Labadal, hopefully you have another job lined up or prospects to look forward to.

What game are people watching tonight, or flicking between them?

I'm flicking through them. I can't watch just one game at a time. I think Russia and the Czech Republic will go through. It would be funny if both get knocked out though.

(Also, thanks for the well wishes. Will start looking for work on Monday.)

elseanio

elseanio, I hope the shirts/mercy does sell because we're getting all the profit from it.

Sorry to hear that Labadal.

Are you sure that's true? I think we get 100% profit from shirts sold by the club official store, but only a small percentage from those sold elsewhere. As for Merch, I think Warrior will be getting the most profits too. However, Liverpool can now seel their own branded gear along side Warrior shite getting released

With Warrior, Liverpool will control all non-branded merchandising – products outside the usual kit range – and are free to open club stores wherever they choose. That is not the case under Adidas, who control Liverpool's kit supply and the sale of non-branded merchandise, and the club believe they can double the £25m a year from Warrior when the current restrictions are lifted this summer.

dc89

Man some of that merch is bad!!

Banned Newspaper reporting City are ready to sell 4 strikers to clear the decks for RVP.

WJD

Hopefully this Jack Robinson is good, because otherwise we're going to really struggle with the LB position once Cole retires.

Labadal

Hopefully this Jack Robinson is good, because otherwise we're going to really struggle with the LB position once Cole retires.

Bertrand could be a good replacement option if he actually gets game time. Maybe Kyle Walker on the left and Micah Richards on the right. Smalling and Cahill in the centre.

Yen

He is. Very quick, good positional sense, can tackle, can beat a man. Only played about three games last year through injury, unfortunately.

Watched Black Swan yesterday. My word... /Wilkins

Hixx

I wanted the rumours of us wanting him (Bertrand) on loan to be true but I reckon he will get a fair bit playing time for Chelsea this season with Cole getting on a bit.

sohois

Robinson is better than Raheem Stirling and is the best youth prospect at Liverpool. Only problem is as said that he has been somewhat injury prone over the past season.

WJD

Ah yeah, completely forgot about Bertrand. On paper, we have a few very nice youth products coming through indeed, and I think Roy has shown so far this tournament he has no problem throwing them in at the deep end if they're good enough.

Brazil 2014 could be very interesting indeed.

elseanio

Ah yeah, completely forgot about Bertrand. On paper, we have a few very nice youth products coming through indeed, and I think Roy has shown so far this tournament he has no problem throwing them in at the deep end if they're good enough.

Hope to see a few of them for Team GB

Yen

He did that with Liverpool against Northampton. We lost and he blamed it on the youth players, Dani Pacheco in particular.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He did that with Liverpool against Northampton. We lost and he blamed it on the youth players, Dani Pacheco in particular.

No offense but Liverpools kids are miles away from the Welbeck/Chamberlain/Walker level. With England he's picking the best young English players, not any old Academy graduate.

Yen

No offense but Liverpools kids are miles away from the Welbeck/Chamberlain/Walker level. With England he's picking the best young English players, not any old Academy graduate.

I know, I was just saying he was happy to throw ours under the bus when it went wrong for him.
But what elseanio said too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom