• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Bought myself some Muse tickets this week. Hope their new album won't be that bad :p

I didn't buy them just in case they're doing fucking dubstep. Seen them a few times already, they're very good live. It's odd because I can't really listen to them on my iPod but they put on a show

Look again ;D

You're awesome Fady
id5IllS08pQwi.gif

Jeff is banned? What?
Think it is for saying that the Offtopic is ruined again because Devolution returned from her ban. I agree with that sentiment for that she can be annoying sometimes and I'd say that it is a harsh ban, but you shouldn't start badmouthing other members like that.

#DamnFreeJeff

Bought myself some Muse tickets this week. Hope their new album won't be that bad :p
I could be horribly mistaking but for the show in December? The 17th if my memories is correct. If that's the case then the only thing that withheld me from buying tickets is the fear that their latest album will suck cock. Stupid dubstep, they need to go back to their roots. Not progress even further along this road of shitty music.

Linius

I didn't buy them just in case they're doing fucking dubstep. Seen them a few times already, they're very good live. It's odd because I can't really listen to them on my iPod but they put on a show
That dubstep thingy really scared me. But Muse is one of those bands I really have to see live once in my life. Sadly I missed out on their last show in The Netherlands. But I'm only coming for the first four albums.

Love that Ukranian gif Baconsaurus :p

dc89

Fady what's your job?

You can just say the industry if you want, I want to avoid something dull and timeconsuming if possible haha!

I asked this Fady once. I could tell you but that would seem stalkerish :p

Edit: All I'm going to say is - why do you think my PR skills are so good?!

Slizz

I wish there was a sporting event in America that I could go watch a game, leave with a woman drinking out of a penis bottle and then get down.

Usually just drunk older dudes at American football games and Rich snobs at Heat games. College football is good I guess...

After the successful season of John Guidetti, Manchester City will loan out another player to Feyenoord. The 20-year-old Omar Elabdellaoui will move from the Norwegian club Strømsgodset to Feyenoord this summer. He recently extended his contract with Man City for another two seasons, the first of which he'll play on loan in Rotterdam. Not completely confirmed yet, but he has already done his medical test Friday. He's a midfielder and can be played on both left and right wing.
Source is in Norwegian

Hope dc89 hasn't posted this yet.

Linius

After the successful season of John Guidetti, Manchester City will loan out another player to Feyenoord. The 20-year-old Omar Elabdellaoui will move from the Norwegian club Strømsgodset to Feyenoord this summer. He recently extended his contract with Man City for another two seasons, the first of which he'll play on loan in Rotterdam. Not completely confirmed yet, but he has already done his medical test Friday. He's a midfielder and can be played on both left and right wing.
Source is in Norwegian

Hope dc89 hasn't posted this yet.
And, are you happy with that? Feyenoord seems to be a sort of training institute. First Ryo from Arsenal, then Guidetti and now this guy. Don't think those short term revelations are really helping Feyenoord.

And, are you happy with that? Feyenoord seems to be a sort of training institute. First Ryo from Arsenal, then Guidetti and now this guy. Don't think those short term revelations are really helping Feyenoord.
Well it's an easy way of, hopefully, getting some great and promising players to Feyenoord even if it's only short term. Of course repeating this every year won't get us anywhere, that's why we also need to attract more experienced players to the club. This team of young talented players needs some guidance after all. I'm pretty happy with this, the Eredevisie seems to be a breeding ground for young players anyway. Every good player gets snatched up by some foreign club to never be seen again.

Edit:
We got Van Persie from Feyenoord.
Crazy enough that's one of the reasons why I'm an Arsenal fan now besides supporting Feyenoord. The other reason is Bergkamp, although he's an Ajacied. Probably my two favorite football players. Both got me interested in Arsenal and it just sort of clicked. :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Opta: Welbeck, Dzagoev & Walcott are the three youngest players so far to score at Euro 2012.

Walcott is younger than Carroll?

Linius

Well it's an easy way of, hopefully, getting some great and promising players to Feyenoord even if it's only short term. Of course repeating this every year won't get us anywhere, that's why we also need to attract more experienced players to the club. This team of young talented players needs some guidance after all. I'm pretty happy with this, the Eredevisie seems to be a breeding ground for young players anyway. Every good player gets snatched up by some foreign club to never be seen again.
Agree with the last bit. But I like the Ajax approach more. Instead of having some promising players from big clubs on loan, buying your own promising players. This way clubs can also make some money from big talents. And eventually all great players from the Eredivisie end up in a big competition somewhere else. That's great to see of course.

Heerenveen and Groningen are also seem to be doing a great job at that the last couple of years.

Agree with the last bit. But I like the Ajax approach more. Instead of having some promising players from big clubs on loan, buying your own promising players. This way clubs can also make some money from big talents. And eventually all great players from the Eredivisie end up in a big competition somewhere else. That's great to see of course.

Heerenveen and Groningen are also seem to be doing a great job at that the last couple of years.
Yep, the north is doing pretty well. But it's easier for Ajax, they're not dirt poor like Feyenoord is/was. But of course, generally that's the better approach.

Linius

Edit:

Crazy enough that's one of the reasons why I'm an Arsenal fan now besides supporting Feyenoord. The other reason is Bergkamp, although he's an Ajacied. Probably my two favorite football players. Both got me interested in Arsenal and it just sort of clicked. :)
Not that crazy at all. The bonds between Ajax and Barcelona are what got me to support Barcelona as well. Walking trough the Camp Nou museum seeing all those familiar faces from Ajax made a great impression. And my exchange with Rubí (30 km north of Barcelona) and watching some games with that Catalan family only made those feelings for FC Barcelona stonger.

dc89

Quick question about bornprosper/footballkitstore.

When you buy your shirt you have to type in the printing you want right!?

Just want to double check as I can see no like drop down list of players and numbers on my screen.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Liverpool 3rd kit looks like Austin Powers threw up on a tropical frog (judging by the mock up on reddit).

elseanio

Quick question about bornprosper/footballkitstore.

When you buy your shirt you have to type in the printing you want right!?

Just want to double check as I can see no like drop down list of players and numbers on my screen.

Yep, so make sure it's absolutely right

Slizz

There is no way thats the 3rd kit.

It's so terrible, I'd be almost embarrassed to wear that on the field, but then I'd remember I'm getting paid...

elsk

Banned
Schweinsteiger ready to leave Bayern for Real

According to Bild Real is preparing a more than 30m + Sahin offer. Just a few weeks ago Schweinsteiger said about Mourinho: "I must admit that he's an outstanding coach to me. What he has achieved, that's not just luck. That's a lot of skill".

See what I did there, elsk? Posting Bild bullshit rumors as facts sure is fun

Sorry, obviously the rumors of Kagawa leaving were BS.
Difference is: Bayern players don't have to leave, because Bayern is in the top3.

Meier

I love how these articles keep including the fact that we're trying to sell Adebayor and Santa Cruz as being some stunning revelation. City to show FOUR strikers the door, oh my!

Arnie

Goal.com

*closes tab*

BBC Sport and one of their writers tweeting that Gylfi Sigurdsson should be a LFC player next week. Talks underway, all parties keen. Fee upwards of £8m.
Just seen that, fairly pleased. The guy's got real quality and understands how Rodgers likes to play.

Don't have much to say about that kit, I'm genuinely gobsmacked.

Arnie

Yeah Gerrard looks like he's aged a lot! Still a great player though.
There was an article on the official website a few weeks ago chronicling his ageing process, as dull as that sounds. It showed photos from each year of his career, since he was 18.

Speaking of the website, this weekend it's finally moving from .tv to .com. Amongst other changes. Still got nothing on City's site though.

dc89

"It's funny, but I am a vastly different player this year since I moved to City. In my head, it is a turning point in my career. I wanted to see where it could take me. I do not regret it for a moment, as I have gained in self-confidence.

It has been 10 years that I have played in the Premier League, which is not bad.
I am champion of England and that is important in the life of a player, one feels stronger."

Clichy talking on Sky Sports

GorillaJu

"It's funny, but I am a vastly different player this year since I moved to City. In my head, it is a turning point in my career. I wanted to see where it could take me. I do not regret it for a moment, as I have gained in self-confidence.

It has been 10 years that I have played in the Premier League, which is not bad.
I am champion of England and that is important in the life of a player, one feels stronger."

Clichy talking on Sky Sports

It's not the PR that's so weird, it's that you post these videos and articles as if this is a Man City fan thread, not a general football thread, as if everyone (or anyone) is going to sit through another lame footballer interview with one of the least interesting footballers in England because we're just dying to hear what's going on in those City players' heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom