• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

Wilshere is so good. He bossed the midfield last year against Barcelona. I just hope he doesn't suffer the fate of all Arsenal players and becomes a player made of glass.

elseanio

Carroll and Henderson weren't at the club when Hodgson was there nor are they academy players. Not really relevant to the point

He's still giving precedent of young/promising over old/experienced. He did so at Liverpool, and is doing so at England. (I don't recall him blaming the youngsters from any game, I tried my best to avoid his conferences)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Players definitely ahead of Pogba:

Pirlo
Vidal 24
Marchisio 26
Mauricio Isla 24
Kwadwo Asamoah 23
Giaccherini 27
Luca Marrone 22
Verratti 19-20.

Players competing with Pogba for a place on the bench:

Ouasim Bouy (Ajax wonder kid)
Gabriel Appelt (really talented Brazilian)

Ouasim Bouy's agent is also Mino, and he left first team football with Ajax to play with our youth team.. pretty fucking silly. I'm sure Pogba will sit next to him.

Not entirely convinced he's going to join us.

GorillaJu

He's still giving precedent of young/promising over old/experienced. He did so at Liverpool, and is doing so at England. (I don't recall him blaming the youngsters from any game, I tried my best to avoid his conferences)

It was one of his first games in charge, and he handled it horribly. He made it clear then and there that his reputation, and saving face for himself was more important than taking care of his players. Knew instantly that he wasn't the right man for us.

Our wages for next year:
wKCGS.png
Dat Mexes. Also, Traorè 1.5M, Pato 4.5M, MUNTARI 2.2 (more than Nocerino)? Next season better be good for them. Maybe next June we'll get rid of Bonera, Antonini, Abbiati and Ambrosini.

Facism

Fenerbahce news:

Kuyt coming in, apparently trying to persuade Babel to come to.
Hasan Ali Kaldirim transfer agreed in principle (YES YES YES)
Miroslav Stoch signed a new contract (ALSO YES YES YES)
Issiar Dia out (YES YES YES)
Mehmet Topal transfer nearly done, good replacement for Emre, less of a tiny bitch, too.

Decent work for the summer transfer window so far. Bring in decent players and cut out the fool who potentially cost us the league title.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our wages for next year:

Dat Mexes. Also, Traorè 1.5M, Pato 4.5M, MUNTARI 2.2 (more than Nocerino)? Next season better be good for them. Maybe next June we'll get rid of Bonera, Antonini, Abbiati and Ambrosini.

Robinho's 6M really sticks out.

Wilbur

Banned
Fenerbahce news:

Kuyt coming in, apparently trying to persuade Babel to come to.
Hasan Ali Kaldirim transfer agreed in principle (YES YES YES)
Miroslav Stoch signed a new contract (ALSO YES YES YES)
Issiar Dia out (YES YES YES)
Mehmet Topal transfer nearly done, good replacement for Emre, less of a tiny bitch, too.

Decent work for the summer transfer window so far. Bring in decent players and cut out the fool who potentially cost us the league title.

I like Topal, been good most the times I've watched him

I don't think England's youth prospects are that good really. Wilshere is the only one who has so far shown real top quality promise. Sure we have good young players who could be very good, but for example:

Germany - Götze, Kroos, Reus
Spain - De Gea, Muniain, Thiago
Brazil - Neymar, Lucas, Ganso

These are all players who are top talents, we have Wilshere who is comparable to them and then not that much else. Welbeck, Chamberlain and the like are one level below these guys IMO. Of course a lot can change and players develop at different paces but I think we are behind by quite some way. And it's not like those nations have ageing teams anyway.

England have a lot of work to do before they can be competitive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Germany - Götze, Kroos, Reus
Spain - De Gea, Muniain, Thiago
Brazil - Neymar, Lucas, Ganso

Italy - Nicola Leali GK - Luca Marrone MF - Verratti MF - Stephan El Shaarawy FW - Ciro Immobile FW - Lorenzo Insigne Second Striker.

I'm sure there's way more than this but these guys are pretty special.

Gazzetta dello Sport said that it's actually 4.5M, this year was 6.5M with various bonuses. Still, it's pretty high for him as well, his first season with us was way better, last year was pretty awful.

He scores most of his goals on small teams right? That makes him a pretty valuable asset!

Joe

Wtf @ nocerino. What was zamparini thinking.....I call shenanigans.

Edit: never mind, miccoli is highest paid player at 1.2 :lol

He scores most of his goals on small teams right? That makes him a pretty valuable asset!
Most of his six seasonal goals? Yes sir. :D Except Arsenal and Palermo, he scored the other goals against Cesena, Catania, Atalanta, Novara and Viktoria Plzen. He isn't that valuable when we play against Juve, Inter, Udinese and so on. I really want to like him, I really do, but he has to score often.

Hixx

Got sacked in FM for having Sunderland mid table.

They bring in Alex McLeish. Nice to see FM is as fucking shit as ever.

Schweinsteiger ready to leave Bayern for Real

According to Bild Real is preparing a more than 30m + Sahin offer. Just a few weeks ago Schweinsteiger said about Mourinho: "I must admit that he's an outstanding coach to me. What he has achieved, that's not just luck. That's a lot of skill".

See what I did there, elsk? Posting Bild bullshit rumors as facts sure is fun

Hixx

No one, only had about £3m so I spent the summer upgrading scouts. Had a few decent young players coming in for the next season but bit pointless now... sitting easy in mid table and then one spanking off Man United and immediate sack.

Fady K

tumblr_ltt1m873rj1r17yi9.gif

I've been meaning to respond to a lot of folks for many weeks now, so brace yourselves for a long post. I expect that the length of this will piss off a few posters, and to you I apologize and say that I plan to make more regular and frequent responses rather than megaposts like this; as for the others, sorry for taking too long to respond!

The reasons behind the length of time it took to make these responses, for anyone who cares to know, is a mixture of a demanding yet utterly dull job/career, watching Euro matches during the little free time I got in working days, and getting over a heartbreak (totally deserved it though
I've been trying to win over the heart of someone who wasn't interested for almost 3 years. Horribly foolish I know. Lesson learned.

Mmm, so where is Fady? :-O

Your question is answered above Letters :) Also, thanks a lot for all the kind words in the Champions League final thread :)

Hey guys did Fady K write a megapost after Saturday?

It is here my friend, and you are a part of it <3

WHERE IS FADY?! I need to be cheered up.

Anytime you need to be cheered up, let me know : D I'll never take this long again
unless I pass away :0

Where is Fady yo ?

FootballFan! It's been ages, how are you? Have you been watching any Euro12? What national teams do you like?

Haha! guy has the skills. Oh and I demand the thread to be renamed |OT11| Not enough Fady.

Hence the epic megapost near the end to atone for my sins :p

No problem. Was going to write to you on PSN yesterday and demand you to return to GAF, but you went offline just when I was about to. :p

That kid to the right is at least his son, Arkady. He was the one Abramovic was trying to buy Copenhagen for last season.

Wait, come again :0? As in, buy the whole club because his son wanted it :p??? What are you playing these days bro?

No wonder Fady's been absent lately. Busy dictating?

Haha, good find! I thought I was the only one who loved both clubs :p

Fady has faded.

True, this post is my attempt to come back from retirement :p

Haha! Nice! Yeah, you are right. The Premier League trophy is there at the moment. I'm going to have to go see it when it gets back to Manchester.

Also, do you like Xenosaga?

Hey Dc :) Is the trophy still at the Marina Mall wonder? I'd love to see if it so! Maybe take a couple of photos and share it with you folks. Surely it's back in Manchester now though huh?

I LOVE XENOSAGA. How did you know bro?? Did you look at my tag? Hahaha

Alien got lukewarm reviews. Empire guy wrote the book called the Alien Vault, he wanted it to be Alien.

Be positive Fady!

And fuck me at the Hulk fee.

I was as positive as can be, and I ended up loving the movie even with all its flaws :) Thinking of going to see it again today!

We hired a bunch of Johann Cruyff's friends to take care of coaching and developmental football! Not that our youth system needed a revamp. In fact, it's the one thing Chivas has done consistently well this past decade.

We are looking to buy an enganche and a number nine from Morelia. They should be decent, but not enough to tackle two more tournaments this year, especially since Marco Fabián's departure is inevitable now.

Any updates on the club since you mentioned all of this by the way?

Alan Moore would continue to spin in his proverbial grave

Somewhere in Northampton, Alan Moore is putting a voodoo curse on Fady.

HAHA! I was sure my opinion would not go well with my fellow Watchmen at Footygaf. Have either of you read Before the Watchmen yet? I hear it's quite good! May wait for a compilation.

I have yet to receive my weekly Fady newsletter, anyone else having this problem??

Here it is Messi, sorry it took forever ;D Heart problems caused the delay (look at the start of the post :p)

Is it Fady-day?

Faday?

Faday is now upon us : ]

Fady's got Twitter.

:)

Seems I've been following him for a while.

It's been fun following you guys! Big thanks to Awesome Animals for the footygaf twitter list!

Messi's number of kits rivals Fady's number of quotes per post :D

Will it rival this post though? Ba-dum tish.
surely it will :p

Oh and btw the reason there are so many chelsea kits is because I am actually fady. No for serious, my friend gave me all his old chelsea kits when he stopped watching football.

Messi said:
Where is Fady these days, this place is not the same without him.

I was never sure why you have a lot of Chelsea kits, but I can't complain, the more Chelsea kits for Messi, the merrier :p Planning on picking up any of next season's kits?

As for the answer to your question, I answered it at the start of this whole post ;D

Also Quantic Dream are announcing Fadys
and every one elses wet
dream game later with Ellen Page.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT MADE ME FEEL. When they announced it I went nuts! A new game from the Heavy Rain team is more than big enough (yes, I loved the game :D ) - but Ellen voicing AND starring in it!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

Yo fady, Quantic Dreams new game stars Ellen Page. :p

BASICALLY, A GAMING DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME.

tumblr_m2sdchSGU61rs4lu6o1_500.gif

I thought the Naughty Dog one has Ellen Page :S

How awesome is it that my 2 most anticipated titles feature Ellen? (Coincidental I swear). Now I wish she starred in Prometheus as well!

Well i hate all you bitches. Except Fady.
ioiPRn8UMNDUu.gif

caceresbaciaconte.gif

He has one :p

I have the privilege of conversing with Fady via Twitter.

As do I, good sir :)!

I love this Tshirt.

The blue on that Chelsea Away kit is sex. Maybe they should have made the sash a gradient?

You have good taste, obviously :D Can't wait to pick up the away kit myself!

Just saw Prometheus. Absolutely fantastic film.

I know right :D? I hope to see it again today!

good defense+messi=wc2014?

it's not a hard formula...

It's a beautiful formula, that's what it is. Sabella is good stuff, I hope he stays till then.

Too beautiful that I had to quote it for any gaffers who may have missed it. Thanks Sunhi!

Alright. Finished captain America. Now watching Thor. Natalie and kat! Heaven!

So, Thor was significantly better than Capt America. Actually makes me want to see Avengers.

That was my plan too - Cap'n America followed by Thor. CA was decent. I may watch it tonight as well as I still haven't seen the Avengers ;_; Did you see Avengers yet?

What's up with this Fady K guy by the way, according to the fist post he supports every team out there :p

I am a man full of peace and love you can say ^_^
I respect all teams in general, though I like Chelsea and Barcelona

Fady started off loving Chelsea and Barcelona, and then professed that he really liked every fucking team ever apart from Man United. But we won him over in the end.

Loloolololoolooloollo

You guys did win me over though, hard to hate with fans such as yourselves.

Fady is the nicest guy in here, super humble dude.

Chuffed for him and others in here when Chelsea won the champions league.

As are you man, seriously, thanks for the kind words. Why are you banned though :[ Jeff being banned makes no sense. I hope you stick around next season and tell us about how Blackburn is progressing. I hope they make it back to the Prem next season.

HEY FADY!

Agree with your points about England and Spain-Italy (fuck Nasri). Yeah I can't get Prometheus out of my head but I know it was a fucking mess of a film haha. Yeah that scene you talk about was just brilliant.

Fady you are right on the Nasri thing and the Prometheus scene too. I really liked that movie.

Thumbs up guys! Have you seen it a second time already? How is it on a second viewing?

Pretty confident about a Greece win tonight.

Man they could have done far better. They always played an excellent second half compared to a horrible first. Why? They need more deadly players. Samaras has done nothing for me outside of a few cool tricks.

Greece has only themselves to blame bro! They were too inconsistent and their defense/attack was all over the place during the first halves of both group games. Happy for you folks i.e. England :)

He's the second coming of Pirlo, I just know it!

phC3M.jpg

LOL. That's perfect. Such a striking resemblance!

Just wait for Fifa 13, that's what I might do.

Man, they better have online co-op on that. Would be awesome to play with you folks on the go!

Di Matteo got 2 year deal.

Even if he can't replicate any of the past successes, he definitely deserves a longer shot. Good thing.

A wild Fady K appears!

How you doing?!

Hey there Dan : D I am doing well bro, how is life on your end? Excited about the last few group games? Playing through a PSP horror game called Corpse Party at the moment - it's really good if you don't mind the retro graphics! Have you heard of it?

I am a bad Irish fan/representive :( but the fans always do the team proud. The fans deserve more from the team.

They really do. They could have done better, the defense cost them big time.

Thanks, Fady.

But whilst I would consider Kyle Irish, I'm not sure if he'd feel the same way.

You're most welcome bro :] I really wish you guys did better. I read Kyle's response. I must admit I know next to nothing about why Northern Ireland is separate to Ireland.

Kyle gets a mention but I don't!? Sheesh.

Didn't know you're Irish bro :0 You definitely get a mention then ^_^

I saw in the EURO thread that frank isn't happy about supporting ItaJuve.

I think that's the silliest thing, to be honest. If you can't acknowledge these players as part of a team, you shouldn't be rooting for them. Leave the club bias out of it.

I think this is a very interesting point in football. When I watch Spain I happily cheer for Xabi and Ramos and - of course - Casillas. Likewise, when I watch England I happily cheer for Rooney or Welbeck, for example. It's funny, when he's not wearing the United kit, I actually like Rooney quite a bit. Not that I dislike him with a United kit, mind you, but it's easier to cheer for him when he's playing alongside other English players I really like.

I'm whatever you want me to be baby. Technically British, but if I was asked I'd say British or Irish. I'm from Northern Ireland which is as much Irish as it is British far as I'm concerned.

That said, whilst I'm not a ROI supporter, NI boy myself, I do like to see them do well. Same as I like to see any of the home nations do well.

A bit gutted for them tonight, but the ROI really do play some stinking football. Irish football north and south really is just grim these days.

How have you been Kyle? As I said above in response to Clegg, I know nothing about why Ireland is separate to Northern Ireland. Can you give me a quick history lesson?

Just finished my degree in Economics and Politics.

Would like to work in public policy somewhere, think tanks and the like. Problem is they don't have many spots and don't do grad schemes or anything like that. Can't be too picky right now so anything that I'm vaguely interested in will do, may go for management consultancy or something as there are a lot of grad schemes for that and it seems to be quite general.

Congratulations man! Thinking about sticking around in England for the long term?

Went to see Prometheus in IMAX 3D. Great looking movie and the 3Dees were really nice at times. it's a shame the last 20 mins or so of the movie are crap. Otherwise great movie.

Oh and Dark knight rises & amazing spiderman trailers looked great using 3d, especially spiderman.

Edit: Charlize Theron is stupidly sexy.

Agreed on all points, though I did enjoy the last 20 minutes of the film big time, even though I wish some things were different. Spider-Man's trailer definitely impressed, was not anticipating the film too much till I saw the awesome trailer. TDKR is the big film for me though.

WHAT THE FUCK IS TEVEZ DOING!

Hahah I thought of you being in your City PR role and this response was absolutely perfect :D

Any Dead Space fans here?

You'll be pleased to know that EA want to sell 5 million copies of DS3.

Expect more action, less horror.

Not pleased with this direction, though its understandable. I wish horror games sold more >_<

I was a fan of the first game (Extraction was decent as well). Dead Space 2 was not a good sequel so I'd already gone cold on the franchise.

Pretty much agree with all of this. DS2 was terrible

I'm about to start Dead Space 2 myself, as well as the mobile game. Extraction was finished recently, good stuff. Why do you guys dislike DS2 though (without spoiling anything)?

Today has been a wierd day. Yesterday was my last day at my work. I knew for some time I was getting laid off, but it's not until now that reality has really sunk in. Knowing that I won't be going to work on Monday feels strange. I tried to look cheerful yesterday, because it was the last day of school for the kids. They have a 10 week summer break. They'd come up to me and tell me that I didn't look as happy as usual, but I told them they were crazy and that I was super happy. I told them after all the ceremonies were over that it was my last day at work and they were very sad. I wasn't far from crying, but that would only have made things worse. I promised them that I'd check on them next semester and see how they are doing. All the staff had a big dinner and at the end everyone that was leaving got flowers and held a little speech. Yeah, like I gave a shit about that. On

Now that Sweden are knocked out of the Euro's, I hope England takes it home, but we all know they won't.

Man, really sorry to hear that. I hope you get to work again real soon.

The quote of quotes and I wasn't found worthy enough to be in it.

This is a sad day.

Not anymore you're not :D

dc89

Mother of FootballGAF! That post is huge.

And I think the Trophy has been returned to England now. But you bet it will get out to Abu Dhabi sometime soon again!

Also Yes, I looked at your tag. I've never played Xenosaga though. :(

I've heard of Corpse Party - is it good?

Also I finished Rayman on my Vita this morning. Just need to get a few more things in it to work towards the trophies. I'm missing 2 relics cause I've not found enough cages yet to unlock the challenges to get the Relic.

Stubo

Haha so awesome! Hopefully the next one will be sooner man, I miss reading your views on things regularly - even if I don't always respond to them.

ibkjF41nM0Qo98.gif

Wait, come again :0? As in, buy the whole club because his son wanted it :p??? What are you playing these days bro?

Well at the time it seemed like the easiest way to get a champions league team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/8177448/Roman-Abramovichs-son-Arkady-is-linked-with-takeover-of-Danish-champions-FC-Copenhagen.html

lol "Who knows, Arkady may even opt for a young, thrusting, bright Portuguese coach. After all, Jose Mourinho&#8217;s protégé, Andre Villas-Boas, is doing a fine job with the Special One&#8217;s old club, Porto, and will move on to bigger things." Not playing much else than Battlefield 3.

Labadal

To be honerst, I thought his post would be longer. Fady's slipping. :(

No seriously, it will be good to have you back. That means everyone else can go back to being a cunt. :p

immy

Banned
Fady what's your job?

You can just say the industry if you want, I want to avoid something dull and timeconsuming if possible haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom