• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

I don't see anything on their site about Dzeko. Was this on their news channel?

West Ham have released Carew, Faye, Diop and Faubert. Remember when Faubert went to Real Madrid temporarily? :lol

Also apparently Chelsea are the closest to striking a deal with Sao Paulo for Lucas.

It was on the German Sky Sports News channel.

Fry

I'd be interested to see a 4-4-2 with Gomez and Dzeko as strikers. Probably wouldn't work out very well, but I don't think either would benefit from staying on the bench, since they need to build-up confidence and form to become scoring machines.

Also apparently Chelsea are the closest to striking a deal with Sao Paulo for Lucas.

... Ugh.

elsk

Banned
I'd be interested to see a 4-4-2 with Gomez and Dzeko as strikers. Probably wouldn't work out very well, but I don't think either would benefit from staying on the bench, since they need to build-up confidence and form to become scoring machines.

4-4-2? There are more chances of we buying Messi than changing to a 4-4-2 :p
Gómez and Dzeko will have to fight for the starting spot.

edit: fuck, his legs really are incredible long.

GQman2121

Banned
I hope that Dezko to Bayern spat is true. I honestly just want something to happen in the market already that might kick start things before Euros.

Shanghai Shenhua say they are still in negotiations with Didier Drogba, who will leave Chelsea this summer.

The Chinese club's owner Zhu Jun is quoted as saying in the Oriental Sports Daily: "As of now, Shenhua's negotiations with Drogba are continuing just as planned."

Makes sense for him. I still thought Mourinho would at least show an interest given they're always looking for strikers, and Drogba's knack for scoring in big games.

GQman2121

Banned
If Chelsea get Hazard, Lucas Moura and Hulk.. holy cow. :O Talk about breaking the bank!

Well the word on Monday was that Sao Paulo turned down a Robinho sized offer already. So I don't know what they're looking for. He's coming to Europe this summer to play for someone.

Hixx

Well the word on Monday was that Sao Paulo turned down a Robinho sized offer already. So I don't know what they're looking for. He's coming to Europe this summer to play for someone.

Yeah the Independent are running this story atm. £32.4m!!

Meier

I was able to buy him in FM11 pretty easily when he was just Lucas, but in my FM12 save that's in 2021, he's still at Sao Paulo haha. I always buy Gremio's Leandro but he doesn't seem to be the source of much speculation in real life transfer news yet. He is also a 4* prospect in FM12.

Hixx

Eee by gum ain't half warm i'nt it?

I'm sitting naked in my garden. Ish. Jiggling whenever old women walk past. THEY LOVE IT

rififi

If Chelsea get Hazard, Lucas Moura and Hulk.. holy cow. :O Talk about breaking the bank!

Madrid are also still in the running for Lucas Moura (Inter didn't offer enough money - only 25m euros - so they are out).
But if 25m isn't enough for a 19 year old, then I can see him going to Chelsea as they apparently offered 40m euros. (for reference, Madrid paid 27m euros for Ramos when he was 19)

bjaelke

Looks like I missed out on a lot in the past week. Just learned about Kenny getting sacked and Chelsea winning CL. Congrats...on both, I guess. So much to catch up on :/

We should all be supporting this team tonight:

fcn2003.png

elsk

Banned
^I always buy a left winger from that club in FIFA, Laudrup. cheap and talented.

I hope that Dezko to Bayern spat is true. I honestly just want something to happen in the market already that might kick start things before Euros.

We're very likely to do at least 80% of the transfers before the Euros, I think.
We already signed Shaqiri, Dante, Tom Starke (GK) and I'm pretty sure he'll sign a striker before the Euro.

Looks like I missed out on a lot in the past week. Just learned about Kenny getting sacked and Chelsea winning CL. Congrats...on both, I guess. So much to catch up on :/

That CL finale made me feel good for about 10 hours. Then :

We should all be supporting this team tonight:

fcn2003.png

Yep. Felt pretty much felt sick ever since, not even kidding. CV+ Hørsholt RAUS. Hopefully the backers will actually still give us money next season so we can get into CL then, wouldn't be surprised if we start cutting back heavily now though, especially after that incompetent cunt has wasted millions on shit on pure unadulterated shit in Norway. Just writing that made me want to punch walls again, fuck. Not even AC Horsens winning can save us, we're not going to win today either.

Should have let Abramovic and son buy the club last year, now we are stuck with that pig and his import wife.

AC Milan Website said:
A.C. Milan communicates that tests show Alexandre Pato has made a full recovery from his injury problems.
Well, look at him, he recovered just in time! Now, let's win this scudetto! ._.

Galliani said that he'll try to buy Aquilani anyway. Not by paying 8M, though: he'll meet Liverpool in the first days of June, trying to lower the price, of course.
Too bad for Maxi Lopez but, as Galliani said, "we don't need another striker". Last season: Pato 1 goal, Robinho 6 goals, El Sharaawy 2 goals, Cassano 4 goals, Ibra 28.

"We don't need another striker".

bjaelke

That CL finale made me feel good for about 10 hours. Then :

Yep. Felt pretty much felt sick ever since, not even kidding. CV+ Hørsholt RAUS. Hopefully the backers will actually still give us money next season so we can get into CL then, wouldn't be surprised if we start cutting back heavily now though, especially after that incompetent cunt has wasted millions on shit on pure unadulterated shit in Norway. Just writing that made me want to punch walls again, fuck. Not even AC Horsens winning can save us, we're not going to win today either.

Should have let Abramovic and son buy the club last year, now we are stuck with that pig and his import wife.
FgWuk.gif

You still have a chance although it's probably slim to none. It's a bit funny how you managed to throw away a bigger lead than United did!

Carbonox

I wonder if Newcastle have found another gem! Hopefully they as a team don't suffer a second season syndrome.

Huh? It will be our third season in the Premier League next season, since promotion 2 years ago. Our second season syndrome was being awesome.

dc89

Huh? It will be our third season in the Premier League next season, since promotion 2 years ago. Our second season syndrome was being awesome.

Ooops! What I kind of mean is, I hope it wasn't just a fluke season! I genuinely like Newcastle cause I know a Toon fan away from GAF.

It's a bit funny how you managed to throw away a bigger lead than United did!

iNlFDKWsVNK9M.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if Horsens won tonight while we lost. It's interesting that us losing to FCM was actually better than us drawing against them though, now Horsens could very possible need a draw or win to get that third place.

FCN, Horsens, AGF and FCM in Europe next year, oh laaaaaawd.

Carbonox

Ooops! What I kind of mean is, I hope it wasn't just a fluke season! I genuinely like Newcastle cause I know a Toon fan away from GAF.

Well Alan Pardew came out and said not to expect the same sort of table finish next season. "Expect" being the buzz word here, given we're notorious with our expectations.

We will see who comes and who goes though before coming up with realistic expectations.

However, I fully expect us to be challenging for top 6 again next season. Top 8 at the least. It will be harder, especially with Chelsea strengthening and Liverpool will no doubt strengthen to a degree as well. Then there's Everton and Fulham but the former makes a habit of only being good during the last half of a season. :p

I do have a sneaky suspicion that we could also surpass expectations again and challenge for a top 4 spot. We'll have Steven Taylor back to full fitness who was pivotal to our unbeaten run last season before he got injured. Our defence was never the same afterwards so once he returns and we strengthen more in defence, we could very well mount a fantastic challenge.

Anyway, exciting times ahead.

Kozak

Banned
Dayum just ventured into gaming sides media create sales thread. Poor Vita.. Looked like a promising handheld too.

Glad I'm not invested into console wars any more. Those sales figures would be heart wrenching.

bjaelke

iNlFDKWsVNK9M.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if Horsens won tonight while we lost. It's interesting that us losing to FCM was actually better than us drawing against them though, now Horsens could very possible need a draw or win to get that third place.

FCN, Horsens, AGF and FCM in Europe next year, oh laaaaaawd.

I doubt any of their stadiums will be approved by UEFA. Horsens' has some of the worst facilities in the league and AGF has that track between the pitch and the stands.

Galliani said that he'll try to buy Aquilani anyway. Not by paying 8M, though: he'll meet Liverpool in the first days of June, trying to lower the price, of course.
Too bad for Maxi Lopez but, as Galliani said, "we don't need another striker". Last season: Pato 1 goal, Robinho 6 goals, El Sharaawy 2 goals, Cassano 4 goals, Ibra 28.

Not a chance. If we sell for below €8M then that's crazy. We paid €9-10M for Charlie Adam for God's sake. Aquilani played a lot of games last season too which means his injury problems are no longer a critical concern. I'd sell Adam to Milan for €5M though. Interested?

I love when Wooden and Bjaelke talk about the Danish league, they abhor it so much hahaha

Well what is happening right now could very well mean the end to our dominance in Danish football. Our budgets had champions league money written into them for this season and the next, but we are fucking both up and giving it to a team that will get destroyed by each and every team. I just miss last season. From playing up with Barca, drawing agaisnt Chelsea, out playing Panathinaikos and beating Rubin Kazan to now not being able to win over shit teams that has 5% of our budget.

Come back last season and Ståle. :(

ifUPdTMOQ6bFR.gif

I doubt any of their stadiums will be approved by UEFA. Horsens' has some of the worst facilities in the league and AGF has that track between the pitch and the stands.

Well at least it isn't Herfølge again.

dschalter

Really? I heard just today that Galliani confirmed Aquilani's non-return.

also lol at pato.

Meier

Win 1 League title and suddenly become detached with the rest of the league. Good work City Fans!

In dc's defense, he probably had just read that article which mentioned Newcastle's first year since relegation (the figure are from the previous season) so that timeline was probably in his head.

In dc's defense, he probably had just read that article which mentioned Newcastle's first year since relegation (the figure are from the previous season) so that timeline was probably in his head.

It did take me a second to realize we weren't speaking about the season that just finished as well. But,...

FUCK YOU MAN CITY PLASTICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a chance. If we sell for below €8M then that's crazy. We paid €9-10M for Charlie Adam for God's sake. Aquilani played a lot of games last season too which means his injury problems are no longer a critical concern. I'd sell Adam to Milan for €5M though. Interested?
He played a lot (and actually did pretty good) during last fall, but got injured in January and played poorly after that.

Really? I heard just today that Galliani confirmed Aquilani's non-return.

also lol at pato.
He won't be bought at the end of the loan for sure, otherwise Liverpool will ask for 8M. It's going to be a new offer.

Feorax

Unless his wages are ridiculous, I still reckon we keep hold of Aquillani. The lack of creativity in our midfield has been shocking this year, and given that most of the managers we have been linked with play 3 in the middle, we need as much cover as we can get.

In other news, some reports surfacing that Van Gaal wants the managers position, rather than DoF. Suspect that may well rule him out.

He played a lot (and actually did pretty good) during last fall, but got injured in January and played poorly after that.

He won't be bought at the end of the loan for sure, otherwise Liverpool will ask for 8M. It's going to be a new offer.

I get the feeling if we offered Aquilani to Milan for free they'd want something in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom