• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Why? Both of United's kits are awful, not on the scale of that third kit, but still terrible. Does that make it hard for a United fan to be a United fan? Doubt it.

If anything a lot of our fans have got a good laugh out of how completely ridiculous the third kit is, and why anyone thought it was a good idea.

Not talking just about the kit, but about everything.

:(

That was the most heartbreaking loss for me likely ever. I don't think I'll be able to watch football for months after this.

You should follow Bayern. Had that feeling like 3 times in the last season.

immy

Banned
Not talking just about the kit, but about everything.

Yeah it must be so hard to support the biggest team in Germany, my heart really goes out to you.

Club football just isn't the same for me. I mean Zenit just had its most successful season ever but it still isn't enough to make up for this. The worst thing is because there's so much overlap between the national team and Zenit players I will constantly be reminded of this loss every time I watch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm watching The Tree of Life
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
What a load of pretentious crap.

Beppe also suggested that we'll be bringing Giovinco back home. I'd rather 'sacrifice' him to get to a WC striker, but I'm not opposed to the return of the Atomic Ant. Last chance for him at Juve, though.

If it's for Cavani, then he can fuck off.

I'm in fuck off mode lately, I blame the sticker.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm watching The Tree of Life lolololol. What a load of pretentious crap.

I thought Brad Pitt was really good and if the universe creation scene had been on an Attenborough documentary I would have loved it. But yeah, pretty pretentious

elseanio

It must be very hard to be a Liverpool fan these days.

Looking forward to next season actually. Last season was the first time I went to every game, and it was fucking torture sometimes. Was contemplating not going to any this season, but missing it more and more now.

Brendon Rodgers is impressing me every time he talks too. I have no high expectations of top 4 next season, but I'm happy that he's gonna be in charge. The return of European football is exciting, and another Wembley trip would be boss

As I said earlier, who cares if the 3rd kit is gash? For all we know, it's based on some market research Warrior did in the far east and it will sell millions over there. the £25m a season is enough for me, with a fantastic home shirt. I thought our blue kit this season was crap, and we only wore it about twice so didn't really matter

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought Brad Pitt was really good and if the universe creation scene had been on an Attenborough documentary I would have loved it. But yeah, pretty pretentious

I tweeted you about it a minute ago lol

I'm 30 minutes in, I don't think I can take more of this. I don't mind confusing artsy movies, I liked The Fountain for some reason, but this.. it's on a whole different level.

dc89

Just shown that supposed Liverpool 3rd kit to my GF (she has a degree in fashion promotion) and her expert opinion is "it's horrific".

Stubo

Just shown that supposed Liverpool 3rd kit to my GF (she has a degree in fashion promotion) and her expert opinion is "it's horrific".
Fashion's all about making people look at you, right? Seems like top work to me...

Really though, it's a monstrosity, but then so are some things on the catwalk ;)

Yen

I really liked Tree of Life, and dislike the Fountain - which felt like an artistic "statement" or whatever, and not a good movie. The repeated refrains pissed me off, and I found it pretentious.

Mmm having freewheelin on facebook and seeing pics of a younger Wilbury looking like Glen from mad men.

I thought I was alone in this! It wasn't bad, I liked the idea, and the music was awesome! But fuck me, all these Oscars?

Yeah seemed a bit odd. But it was also a pretty shitty year for movies, to be fair.

dc89

Fashion's all about making people look at you, right? Seems like top work to me...

Really though, it's a monstrosity, but then so are some things on the catwalk ;)

Haha! I agree! I think if that shirt is sold it should come with a health warning though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Balotelli is injured. Di Natale - Cassano rumoured to start!

I really liked Tree of Life, and dislike the Fountain - which felt like an artistic "statement" or whatever, and not a good movie. The repeated refrains pissed me off, and I found it pretentious.

I liked it even though I hate Darren Aronofsky and his movies with a passion.

1 hour left on Tree of Life, there's still time to win me over!

Arnie

Looking forward to next season actually. Last season was the first time I went to every game, and it was fucking torture sometimes. Was contemplating not going to any this season, but missing it more and more now.

Brendon Rodgers is impressing me every time he talks too. I have no high expectations of top 4 next season, but I'm happy that he's gonna be in charge. The return of European football is exciting, and another Wembley trip would be boss
I'm in the exact same position. Worked all over the summer to pay house rent for a property I wasn't even living in, and for all my match tickets where we played some pretty dire stuff. Was really thinking about jacking in going to the match next season, considering I should be able to go to most games the season after, work permitting.

As it is though everything Rodgers has said so far has got me excited, and I've applied for another job, plus I've got about ~£300 of money saved up from bits of work I did throughout the year. Will probably go to quite a few games.

PaulLFC

I'm hoping to get to more games this season than last now I'm working full time. The main thing will be getting at least a few tickets in the members sale, I missed the first sale last season because I was away at uni for graduation with no internet access.

Arnie

I'm hoping to get to more games this season than last now I'm working full time. The main thing will be getting at least a few tickets in the members sale, I missed the first sale last season because I was away at uni for graduation with no internet access.

I hated that last year, the site was down in the morning and then I had to wait until lunchtime at work before I could ring up and try again. Managed a few tickets but got a lot of guff seats.

This time I'm saying to myself that every ticket I buy is in the Kop. It's what Shogun did last year and it really makes a difference. It's just ten times better in like 305 than it is anywhere else in the ground.

Zabojnik

I liked The Tree of Life well enough. I knew it was pretentious going in and enjoyed it mostly for the beautiful cinematography and Brad Pitt / Jessica Chastain. The Artist on the other hand is overrated and boring as fuck. The fact that it won an Oscar is Sammer winning the Ballon d'Or over Del Piero level of bullshit.

EDIT: I bought a new router (Netgear WNDR3700) and installed DD-WRT. Fucking awesome firmware. I know what I'll be using from now on!

PaulLFC

I hated that last year, the site was down in the morning and then I had to wait until lunchtime at work before I could ring up and try again. Managed a few tickets but got a lot of guff seats.

This time I'm saying to myself that every ticket I buy is in the Kop. It's what Shogun did last year and it really makes a difference. It's just ten times better in like 305 than it is anywhere else in the ground.
Definitely. Someone posted a link on RAWK last season that, as long as you know the match code which can usually be easily worked out, will take you direct to individual seat selection showing you each seat available in a block, so you can choose exactly where you sit.

I've not got the link saved at home for some reason, it's in my favourites in work. If I remember on Monday I'll PM it.

Arnie

Definitely. Someone posted a link on RAWK last season that, as long as you know the match code which can usually be easily worked out, will take you direct to individual seat selection showing you each seat available in a block, so you can choose exactly where you sit.

I've not got the link saved at home for some reason, it's in my favourites in work. If I remember on Monday I'll PM it.

Nice one, this would be a huge help.

Arnie

Who do you guys go to anfield with?
I either go with a mate from home who's at Liverpool Uni, a mate from Sheffield or I go on my own. I usually go on my own when it's the big games like United this season so I buy a ticket last minute and can't get two. It's just a hassle arranging all the fancard numbers.

elseanio

Should meet at half time if we are all in the kop. Stupid that we probably all get different times to buy tickets, splits people up defusing the atmosphere. I will never get to go the game with my dad unless I wait till the last general sale and risk not going at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom