• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I tweeted you about it a minute ago lol

I'm 30 minutes in, I don't think I can take more of this. I don't mind confusing artsy movies, I liked The Fountain for some reason, but this.. it's on a whole different level.

Ah just saw it haha. Well the cosmos sequence is the best bit in the film. After that it's very... fractured.

PaulLFC

Should meet at half time if we are all in the kop. Stupid that we probably all get different times to buy tickets, splits people up defusing the atmosphere. I will never get to go the game with my dad unless I wait till the last general sale and risk not going at all
That's the thing, I'd prefer to go with friends but waiting for general sale means risking the tickets selling out to members and not even going to general sale. My friend's visiting in September and wants to go to a game, so hopefully we'll be playing one of the category C teams around then so there's a decent chance tickets will go to general sale and I can get two together.

Messi

Who the fuck is Glen from Mad Men

also The Artist was mediocre but gash compared to everything it rips off.

Tree of Life! I haven't seen the Fountain.

Also sucks about Radiohead :/

Young Willy:

MAD-MEN-TOMORROWLAND-13.jpg

Guys, how is Alpha Dog? Worth $10?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I liked The Tree of Life well enough. I knew it was pretentious going in and enjoyed it mostly for the beautiful cinematography and Brad Pitt / Jessica Chastain. The Artist on the other hand is overrated and boring as fuck. The fact that it won an Oscar is Sammer winning the Ballon d'Or over Del Piero level of bullshit.

EDIT: I bought a new router (Netgear WNDR3700) and installed DD-WRT. Fucking awesome firmware. I know what I'll be using from now on!

It really is.

Congrats on the router.
KAnN1.gif

Linius

Mad Men has this...

0Hgn3.jpg

Still need to begin watching it though. Actually I'm going to start watching a new show this week because I'm trough with six seasons Dexter since last week.

Linius

you dont need a new show

you need a medal. dexter post-season 2 is such a hard watch
Season three was okayish. Season four was the best of the whole show! After that it went downhill with a promising cliffhanger at the end of season six. Finally showing some progression. Absolutely picking it up september 29th. Dexter/Homeland combo :)

Hixx

Trinity in season 4 was fantastic, maaaaan. But yeah, the writing went from pretty good, to pretty bad, to embarrassing. :(
Season three was okayish. Season four was the best of the whole show! After that it went downhill with a promising cliffhanger at the end of season six. Finally showing some progression. Absolutely picking it up september 29th. Dexter/Homeland combo :)

the guy from 3rd Rock? That was an ok season. Got ridiculously farfetched towards the end, though. Even for Dexter. I also had the ending of that season spoiled which sucked as it was massive...

Yeah buddy love Futurama, better than Simpsons. Watched up until it finished at Season 4, then watched one of the specials and thought it was shit so never watched the new episodes
Yeah the movies don't really do the show any good. Some season 6 episodes are instant classics though.

Linius

Never really loved Futurama. Used to like The Simpsons, but even they lost my attention. The only cartoon show I still watch is South Park. But Matt and Trey went straight down the hill the last two seasons :(

Wilbur

Banned
If you want to watch a show just because there's a woman with big breasts starring, go for Breaking Bad.

Who? Skyler?

She's so unattractive. She's annoying in this AND Deadwood. Why be annoying in two shows?
p.s. how good does Breaking Bad get? I'm at the start of season 2 and it's pretty good

Fry

Who? Skyler?

She's so unattractive. She's annoying in this AND Deadwood. Why be annoying in two shows?
p.s. how good does Breaking Bad get? I'm at the start of season 2 and it's pretty good

Skyler looks hot in the S5 promo.
Breaking Bad is my favorite show, I'd say it gets a lot better (but S2 is my favorite). Just watch it and avoid Mad Men, it's pretty overrated.

Messi

Who? Skyler?

So fucking good. Each season gets better. Some shit happens in season 2 that blew my mind.

Messi

Congrats, now you will be one of us normal mem - OH HEY I'M NOT A NORMAL MEMBER

And cheers on the Breaking Bad stuff guyz. It's good so far, Cranston's a very good actor.

If you think he is good now.... Oh man, wish I could go back and watch again.

You guys need to watch Friday Night Lights.

Sloosha

Going to watch FNL after I catchup with Breaking Bad on Netflix. Heard good things about it.

Wilbury, did you finish watching Deadwood?

Linius

You guys need to watch Friday Night Lights.
That show is really hyped at this Dutch forum I'm always posting. Never got around watching it though. Just so many stuff to see.

At the moment I'll be picking up some How I Met Your Mother. Left it at season four, still need to watch the rest. Though I know it's going to be worse, I just can't leave a show in the middle like that :p

Messi

That show is really hyped at this Dutch forum I'm always posting. Never got around watching it though. Just so many stuff to see.

At the moment I'll be picking up some How I Met Your Mother. Left it at season four, still need to watch the rest. Though I know it's going to be worse, I just can't leave a show in the middle like that :p

I like How I Met Your Mother still. FNL's Pilot is a pretty awesome 40 mins of TV

Arnie

Should meet at half time if we are all in the kop. Stupid that we probably all get different times to buy tickets, splits people up defusing the atmosphere. I will never get to go the game with my dad unless I wait till the last general sale and risk not going at all
Yea we should. One of my mates said he'll buy a light membership this year, so I'll add his fan card when buying in the member's sale, was thinking of grabbing one for my step dad, seen as he won't be going to many Blackburn games with the Venkys still there.

Alright GAF, big television decision: I'm either about to start Breaking Bad or The West Wing. What's better, for those who've seen both?

By the way, I've seen Sopranos, The Wire etc and for me, Mad Men is the best thing on television. By far and away my favourite show. For anyone who hasn't watched it and is contemplating it, do it.

Finished Friday Night Lights last night; what a fucking perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom