• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

If we'd beaten France, I'd agree. As it stands though, a win could well see us come first, and a draw is the bare minumum. I'd be devestated if Roy played a weakened team (in any position) and we got knocked out for it.
You need to think with foresight though. There's no point going through and then having key components play poorly in the knockout stages because they're so fatigued from getting there. Gerrard's not the spring chicken that he was, but he's still invaluable to this team's success; just look at his assists in both games so far, not to mention his work in building the play.

If Gerrard can't play three games in three weeks for Liverpool without breaking down in injury, I don't know why he can suddenly do three in 12 days for England, regardless of an armband.

With Rooney coming back and a general feel good factor about the team, not to mention the quality of the opposition (despite their earnest attitude, they're still Ukraine) I think we can afford to rest the likes of Terry, Gerrard and even Parker and still come away with a win.
Are Real Madrid having a laugh?!

£30m for Silva. lololololol. Pull the other one now.
I've said all season long that Silva to Real is written in the stars. He'd be Real's knockoff version of Messi, which is something I'm sure Real are desperate for and it'd help him solidify his place in the pantheon of Spanish galacticos. As good as he is, I'm sure that him playing in England will affect how the Spanish fans and media regard him within the team. If he became a Madrid great then all that would change.

Arnie

Don't know why United need him, they've got Phil Jones.

amirite?

Suarez.gif

GorillaJu

Twitter rumors, despite being bullshit 90% of the time, have some sort of automatic authority that it's hard to deny.

When someone saying something so emphatically, like the TalkSport guy was talking about Jürgen Klopp wanting to take over Liverpool, its easy to take them at face value. 1) When they attach their full, real name to their account, you'd think they have nothing to gain by lying, and 2) the vague, succinct messages are often directly what we want to hear. Fuck, I hate it!

Linius

Because of the many pranks, Twitter rumours can 't be considered quite reliable. That 's a shame really, it's a beautiful medium.

Bumhead

Banned
If your traveling to Leeds to watch your team play next season a ticket is £42 to watch ANY game.

Ouch.

Haha, is Bates having a laugh?

I've been to Elland Road enough times and experienced enough problems with their toilet fanbase to be quite happy not handing over £42 to that silly old twat next year, then.

Khrno

Are Real Madrid having a laugh?!

£30m for Silva. lololololol. Pull the other one now.

No, Madrid (Mourinho) doesn't want Silva. Marca and As do.

There's no place in the team for Silva, with Kaka leaving they're not going to bring a big name to sit on the bench since the creative place is Ozil's.

Arnie

Honestly, for that price and with Giroud already in the bag I'd say Arsenal should sell. He's 28 now (nearly 29) and there's a very real possibility that his injuries could return down the line, so £30 million isn't a terrible price.

At the end of the day, he's going to be phenomenal for another two to three years, but I don't think that's worth smashing your entire club wage structure for. If a club like City or Juve (let's be honest, 250k a week won't do anything to City's structure) really want to do such a thing for a 28 year old who's been prone to injury in the past, then that's there decision.

Arsenal bought RVP for barely anything and are selling him after 8 years of excellent service, for a huge profit, as he's reached the top of his hill. I think for £30 million, should it be reinvested wisely Arsenal are doing a good bit of business. If they get M'Vila and another top player in, on top of Podolski and Giroud then they'll be a better team for it.

fixtures tomorrow!!!

Everton away first day for us, I have seen it.
yeessssss

Time to begin planning my games for next season.

PaulLFC

Twitter rumors, despite being bullshit 90% of the time, have some sort of automatic authority that it's hard to deny.

When someone saying something so emphatically, like the TalkSport guy was talking about Jürgen Klopp wanting to take over Liverpool, its easy to take them at face value. 1) When they attach their full, real name to their account, you'd think they have nothing to gain by lying, and 2) the vague, succinct messages are often directly what we want to hear. Fuck, I hate it!
At the moment the only "ITK" on Twitter who's shown he knows his info so far has been Duncan Jenkins. At least, out of the ones I know, anyway.

Arnie

We're alright with the referees being in our back pockets thanks very much.

There's a hole in your pocket, all your money's falling out.

Ibra's comment in the Euro thread is hilarious. Saying he's going on holiday and doesn't give a 'shit' who wins. The man sure is a character.

GorillaJu

http://amateur-scout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/last-year-bargains.html

This is a list a member of RAWK (greenstien) compiled, which lists a lot of footballers whose contracts expire in 2013 and could represent potential transfer bargains.

Jakub Błaszczykowski, Cristian Tello, Markel Susaeta, Fernando Llorente, Ryad Boudebouz, Moussa Sissoko, Keisuke Honda (PLEEASEASE APLEAPSELPSLEAPSE AE), Juan Vargas, and Steven Caulker are all on that list. Every one of those would be an upgrade for Liverpool, except for Caulker, who I'd still love to have if it were feasible.

Kuba is maybe the most obvious on that list for interested clubs, and Dortmund have shown they're willing to sell players who aren't 100% vital to them. Could see a lot of clubs going in for him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There's a hole in your pocket, all your money's falling out.

Ibra's comment in the Euro thread is hilarious. Saying he's going on holiday and doesn't give a 'shit' who wins. The man sure is a character.

What he actually said was "I don't give a shit who wins it [Euro 2012] now." But I like where this is going
i8lXzmvBYXiuf.gif

Clegg

What he actually said was "I don't give a shit who wins it [Euro 2012] now." But I like where this is going
i8lXzmvBYXiuf.gif

Ibra is a prick.
The lads will retaliate and say he's great even though he never plays well in big games.
Suarez is a cunt.
No, Evra is a cunt.
United are going bust.
Liverpool are morally bust.
Wenger is a paedophile.
DC posts what colour briefs Aguero is wearing.
Fady breaks the servers.
Wilbury tells us how he cracked one off to Jocelyn Wildenstein.

This is how the shitfights usually go.

Wilbur

Banned
Ibra is a prick.
The lads will retaliate and say he's great even though he never plays well in big games.
Suarez is a cunt.
No, Evra is a cunt.
United are going bust.
Liverpool are morally bust.
Wenger is a paedophile.
DC posts what colour briefs Aguero is wearing.
Fady breaks the servers.
Wilbury tells us how he cracked one off to Jocelyn Wildenstein.

This is how the shitfights usually go.

Best wank I've ever had. Looked like I was wearing a spermy cuirass

GorillaJu

Man, Russia and Poland both going out of the Euros really fucks my fantasy team. I had been counting on both going through, so I brought in Kuba and kept Shirokov and Malifeev. Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit.

Charles

foto31b.jpg

428432_3371032796507_251727151_n.jpg

The sticker actually looks less terrible than I thought. Still a damn shame, but I guess I'll have to learn to live with it. *opens Learning to Live by Dream Theater in mp3 player to counter the indie crap that infests Footy-GAF*
Wait, what?

Where did you get it from?

Kuba is maybe the most obvious on that list for interested clubs, and Dortmund have shown they're willing to sell players who aren't 100% vital to them. Could see a lot of clubs going in for him.

We offered him a new contract and rumors are that he wants to stay. Looks more like he's staying but it's all his decision. I guess we'd sell if a ~10m offer came in and he doesn't want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom