• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Wish Denmark had gone through though, I don't like Portugal. Probably the one team in the Euros I don't want to win it (maybe Spain as well)

Yeah same, would like to have seen Denmark go through. After the last few years the thought of coming up against Portugal at any stage scares the life out of me even though I don't think they're a great side by any means.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah same, would like to have seen Denmark go through. After the last few years the thought of coming up against Portugal at any stage scares the life out of me even though I don't think they're a great side by any means.

Yep, the reason why I don't want them to win it haha.

I watched Indie Game: The Movie yesterday. Very decent. Phil Fish is pretty crazy though, and the world of indie game development is quite a depressing place.

TeegsD

It's a good day Footie-GAF. I get to collect so many tears from the Portugal haters and Ronaldo haters and this being GAF means 90% of that Euro thread. I hope the hate and those Messi chants can keep flowing towards Ronaldo so that he can somehow play even better for the rest of the tournament.

Messi

It's a good day Footie-GAF. I get to collect so many tears from the Portugal haters and Ronaldo haters and this being GAF means 90% of that Euro thread. I hope the hate and those Messi chants can keep flowing towards Ronaldo so that he can somehow play even better for the rest of the tournament.

Stay classy, why not just enjoy the win?

FootballFan

I dont think the rest of the teams will be going all out attack trying to desperately get 2 goal lead. And I don't think it is hating when people are saying he is the 2nd best, because he is. Its not hating on Ozil saying something like "he isnt the best, but he is easily top 10 or so."

Portugal easily deserved that win, Netherlands were just horrible. But claims of now being top Euro contenders/Ronaldo being #1, after just 1 game against a team who got 0 points out of 3 games is just confusing.

TeegsD

Stay classy, why not just enjoy the win?

Hey man, it's 90% saying what they want against us, especially before the game. I think I deserve to have my say too, no? It's just an amazing feeling to just see posts from the other games and the beginning of this one and then to see reactions afterwards. Even then, we only win through "luck" or when the other team is so shit.

Was it chanted again today? Cause it sure didn't do him any good against Denmark...

Exactly. Ronaldo didn't celebrate the win last game because he knew that his fuck ups could've cost the game, its the same thing when ManU beat Chelsea in the CL Final a couple years back. I think that last game was enough to tell him that he needs to put his all in and today he did that. It got him 2 goals. 2 shots off the post and he had 12 shots today which is the best for any single player in any single match at the Euro's. But don't worry, people will still play it down.

FootballFan

Just noticed something, DinoKills posts..wow lol. His posts in the football threads, these are 80% of them, left out 2 or 3 that were off topic:

Fuck the overrated piece of shit that Messi is.

Fuck Barcelona

Fuck Pep

Fuck Cesc

Fuck Pique

Fuck everything that Farsa stand for

Fuck them all

So happy now.

Do you guys think Messi can miss out on the Ballon D'or this season?

He did not deserve to win the second one to begin with but he will probably win the next 10 Ballon D'or now that is just no more than a popularity contest. Its a joke now.

So glad Farsa lost. Nuke that fucking team out of the orbit.

Lol. Messi is fucking crybaby.

Too ba Messi plays like shit in world cups/Copa americas

World cup 2010 and last two Copas Americas say hi.

Ronaldo today scored 200% more goles than Messi did in the entire Copa America. And Messi got to play powerhouses like Bolivia. Just saying.

Wow. Barely talks about his own team, just obsessed with hating Barca/Messi lol.

Splatt

Czech top their group with negative goal difference, Netherlands last with 0 pts... who knows what'll happen tomorrow. I can see Spain : Croatia ending in a 2:2 draw.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh god damnit. Bought some cheap shoes, cause they were cheap.. then realised they are 'made' by Rio fucking Ferdinand.

Worse than thinking Ronaldo is better than Messi.

By the way Swagger I did want Portugal to go out but only because of the pain they have inflicted on England in recent years haha. Love me some Ronaldo though. Gonna read through the Euro thread now.

Just watched Tyrannosaur, great film

FootballFan

The Euros thread is getting pretty embarrassing.

Yeah I am staying out of there until the next games. Once the important matches come in its much harder to take for fans. Would suck to be a Dutch supporter, their team really failed them. Then there's the ridiculously old Messi vs Ronaldo battles which never end. Madridistas/Portuguese people vs the rest.

Cant wait to see once the quarters/semis come around lol.

Yeah I am staying out of there until the next games. Once the important matches come in its much harder to take for fans. Would suck to be a Dutch supporter, their team really failed them. Then there's the ridiculously old Messi vs Ronaldo battles which never end. Madridistas/Portuguese people vs the rest.

The Ronaldo vs Messi debate is the fucking worst, that one Portuguese fan only showing up right now when they actually got through and then talking shit is hilarious too though.

Dutch fans deserves some shit. ;)

Lightning

Banned

Oh yeah.. things pretty much suck right now....

TeegsD

The Ronaldo vs Messi debate is the fucking worst, that one Portuguese fan only showing up right now when they actually got through and then talking shit is hilarious too though.

Dutch fans deserves some shit. ;)

As much as you hate Portugal Woody, I wouldn't mind the Danes winning a major tournament if only just to curb your trolling for a couple hours ;P

Ronaldo/Messi debate is not just Madrid/Portuguese fans.

The ultra Barca fans do just as much to fan the flames IMO. Evidenced in this thread whenever El Classico comes around too.

It's Ronaldo's and Portugals moment, why not just let them have it? If I was on #TeamMessi I would just laugh to myself, Messi will make the argument redundant next chance he gets. #TeamMessi have such a superior position I don't get why they get involved in the petty battles. Makes it seem like there's an argument to be had.

Messi

Just noticed something, DinoKills posts..wow lol. His posts in the football threads, these are 80% of them, left out 2 or 3 that were off topic:

Wow. Barely talks about his own team, just obsessed with hating Barca/Messi lol.

Yeah I noticed this guy before but just let it slide.

Want y'all to know I try to avoid comparing #TeamMessi with #teamronaldo. As when we talk about it people bitch each other out and are generally assholes.

Want y'all to know I try to avoid comparing #TeamMessi with #teamronaldo. As when we talk about it people bitch each other out and are generally assholes.

Both will be forgotten in a few years #TeamHazard

As much as you hate Portugal Woody, I wouldn't mind the Danes winning a major tournament if only just to curb your trolling for a couple hours ;P

Hey we have wont he Euros more than you guys. ;)

Pepe and Ronaldo just pisses me off though, also think Meireles was a waste of money for Chelsea.

Yeah I noticed this guy before but just let it slide.

I see what you did there.

So, I finally got around to watching Fast Five. I'm not a car guy at all, but something about these movies gets me wet.

Oh, #TeamBradley

Messi

#TeamIniesta

This is a team I can get behind

tumblr_l5x28ee4Pd1qaa2o3.jpg

K1LLER7

Feel bad for Denmark, played really well throughout the competition (even Bentdner :p), even today they could've got the result they needed.

#teamKagawa

Lol Iniesta is a boss

Wilbur

Banned
I see what you did there.

So, I finally got around to watching Fast Five. I'm not a car guy at all, but something about these movies gets me wet.

Oh, #TeamBradley

Fuck every Fast film except Fast Five. They're all abysmal, but Five made my dick thicker than one of Ivanovic's arse cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom