• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Iniesta is only underrated in so far as he doesn't get mentioned as much as Xavi and Messi in discussions about Barça. I think the four (including Busquets) compliment each other perfectly. Remove any one component and the machine is hindered pretty badly.

Possibly the only better midfield + striker set up in the world is Jay Spearing (better than Busquets), Charlie Adam (better than Xavi), Jordan Henderson (better than Iniesta) and Andy Carroll (better than Messi). But we all already knew that.

FootballFan

I'm so glad that because I call the sport Soccer I'm disqualified from having an informed opinion about things.

I found that funny too. As if calling it "soccer" makes someones knowledge of the sport drop dramatically.

Possibly the only better midfield + striker set up in the world is Jay Spearing (better than Busquets), Charlie Adam (better than Xavi), Jordan Henderson (better than Iniesta) and Andy Carroll (better than Messi). But we all already knew that.

Hmm I think Iniesta is just as good as Henderson. Agree on the others though, seeya in the CL final in 2 seasons where we can settle it once and for all.

What we learn in school is British English, problem is that tv, games and music already corrupted kids. :p

The good old soccer discussion is one of the most boring and always ends up with both sides looking amazingly dumb.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm so glad that because I call the sport Soccer I'm disqualified from having an informed opinion about things.

Shaddap ye bloody Yank

How about you stop calling trash "rubbish," use something that actually makes sense instead of "take the piss," and actually use prepositions where they're required?

American English is the international standard, not British.

Firstly... LOL

Second shaddap ye bloody Yank

Hixx

How about you stop calling trash "rubbish," use something that actually makes sense instead of "take the piss," and actually use prepositions where they're required?

American English is the international standard, not British.

This post is rubbish. Are you taking the piss?

GorillaJu

Grovel before the heels of America's feet and beg for penance, peasants.

How far you kneel will determine if mercy is granted upon you.

You can start by removing every retarded rhyming phrase that sounds like it was invented by a 4 year old, remove excess u's that follow o's, and invest in dental hygiene.

Wilbur

Banned
Grovel before the heels of America's feet and beg for penance, peasants.

How far you kneel will determine if mercy is granted upon you.

You can start by removing every retarded rhyming phrase that sounds like it was invented by a 4 year old, remove excess u's that follow o's, and invest in dental hygiene.

Your country is younger than Brad Friedel SIT THE FUCK DOWN

elsk

Banned
Is that like Americas version of Liverpool?

lol_zpsadb46354.gif
lol_zpsadb46354.gif
lol_zpsadb46354.gif
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

Zabojnik

You're from Cleveland, Awesome Animals? That's where the biggest slovenian community in the US is, from what I've been told. Were you aware of that?

Watching Dances with Wolves extended edition. Two and a half hours flew by, 90mins to go. It's pretty great.

Wilbur

Banned
Predictive text.

meant bollocks

I wish I could air my bollocks. I'm lying on my front because my chest and back are killing and this is the only way I've been comfortable all night. I think that car crash has destroyed my once beautiful muscles, need to go back to the doctor

You're from Cleveland, Awesome Animals? That's where the biggest slovenian community in the US is, from what I've been told. Were you aware of that?

Watching Dances with Wolves extended edition. Two and a half hours flew by, 90mins to go. It's pretty great.

Vaguely aware. I know that we have many immigrant communities and that a few are the largest in the country. I just wasn't sure which communities those were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom