• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
12 match ban for Barton..
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I assume that is in addition to the four match ban he got for the red card.

Meier

Newest rumor about Nigel De Jong is that QPR is interested. I wouldn't mind if we re-signed him personally as a guy like that is always useful but if he wants more consistent playing time, we better sell him this summer to get something out of him.

Pato may actually be healthy this time. He did have that creepy procedure done that has helped Kobe Bryant and others previously.

dc89

Depends if the Telegraph is a trusted source? I have no idea anymore!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-QPRs-3-2-defeat-against-Manchester-City.html

BBC are saying it now too. Guess it's confirmed then.

Holy shit, his Twitter could be hilarious any time soon.

It's official:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Discipli.../joey-barton-qpr-man-city-appeal-hearing.aspx

An independent Regulatory Commission has today [Wednesday 23 May 2012] dealt with two charges of violent conduct against Joey Barton, arising from the game against Manchester City, resulting in an eight-match suspension and £75,000 fine for the Queens Park Rangers midfielder.

This eight-match suspension is to run consecutively to the four-game suspension Barton was already given for his dismissal in the fixture, making a total of 12 matches.

Barton was charged by The FA with two counts of violent conduct in relation to the Queens Park Rangers game against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday 13 May 2012.

Following Barton’s dismissal in the 54th minute of the match, there followed two incidents involving Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside the jurisdiction of the referee.

dc89

So it is 12 including the red car. That means the FA gave him the minimum punishment they could, absolutely pathetic.

Yup 12 games in total.

If QPR wanted to get rid, it just got harder. Who would sign a player who is missing 12 PL games?

bjaelke

How was that not a penalty? PSE bought the ref.

Aren't you a Brøndby fan?

If I remember correctly, then how do you feel about the fans applauding FCN's goals?
I wasn't thrilled to learn about it. It's okay to do it today but not when you're playing against the team.

Aren't you a Brøndby fan?

If I remember correctly, then how do you feel about the fans applauding FCN's goals?

And Woodenlung, if you think your team is shit then remember who i'm supporting:

[IM'G]http://i.minus.com/ibag2yC54Z6cda.bmp[/IMG]

Even you guys were better than us in the last match we played. :l

How was that not a penalty? PSE bought the ref.

Because fuck that spray tanned idiot. Come on Fagerberg!

Merkel will play with Genoa next season, Preziosi bought him today. One of the best players that came out of our youth team has been bought by another -mediocre- team.

Basically, we can't buy important players because we don't have any money, and we don't keep our best young players just because. Merkel was involved with the El Sharaawy offer, still...

Meanwhile, Mesbah: "Milan assured me that I'll still play with the rossoneri next year."
1579594_oyezb5.gif

Next year will be what, Juve, your 31st scudetto, right?

No organization, no attack patterns, no will or fight. Spineless team. You can hear tactical master pieces like "GET FORWARD" yelled from the bench and the fans are already starting to booh. Good luck with Zanka, PSV.

Meier

So if rumors are to be believed, Real Madrid want David Silva, Barcelona want Zaba (although he's apparently not interested in return), a number of clubs want QPR, Yaya supposedly wants to move to Barca, Diego wants Kun to move to Real but he says no thanks, Dzeko is definitely on the move, Tevez is maybe going to PSG or Milan, Clichy has expressed interest in moving to PSG in the future due to being a boyhood dream, a number of teams want De Jong. I think our entire Starting XI (and then some) would have a WNT next to them in FM.

Except Nasri.

Kenka

Zanka ? Is it compulsory for high-profile Danish dudes to go to Eredivisie ?

In the 80's, all those dudes were either playing for Ajax or PSV and it still hasn't really changed.

bjaelke

Can't wait for Zanka to leave so I can begin to praise him.
Trying to watch both. Did you see SIF hit the crossbar in the first minutes? lol, Zanka and Stadsgaard just standing there looking at each other.

Grindheim... I hate you.

Yeah, I got a few streams going + Canal 9.

A lot of Brøndby fans at the FCN game judging by the chants.

pulga

Banned
Juve transfer plans: http://football-italia.net/19134/juventus-reveal-transfer-plans

I wish Marotta wasn't so upfront about our plans, but anyways.

Won't quote it all.

Basically, yes to one of Suarez, RVP, or Higuain.
No to Balotelli because he's a c
razy
and Cavani because De Laurentiis is a c
unt
Wants to get Asamoah who is versatile midfielder who Conte admires (rightly so, he's one of Serie A's top 10 in the middle, easily. Probably'll be cheap to buy as well if we throw in Pazienza.).
Says Juventus believes in Giovinco. Pretty sure sign he's coming back.

Another article suggested we're going to go for Destro by offering one of Marrone, Estigarribia, or the second half of Immobile to Geona. Wouldn't get rid of Immobile. That'll bite us in the ass, and I'm quite found of Marrone. Kid shows lots of talent. I think he could easily act as vice-Marchisio/Vidal if given the chance. Esti is good, or above average, but I think Destro would do a better job out on the left.

What's the word on Veratti?

faridmon

Dortmuind is pulling a bayern this summer, it looks like. Stop poaching the best players from the other Bundesliga clubs. Stuttgart is terrible as it is :(

and yeah, now I have time for GAF. handed in two projects just now. Hell yeah!

PaulLFC

Fuck me, Manchester City is going to have a online tv station now, for free.
Free? That's pretty good, although I'm surprised they're not charging for it to boost their revenues in time for FFP. LFC charge 45 quid a year for theirs, I guess it must be successful as it's been that price for years and it's never changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom