• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

Apparently Luuk de Jong (Twente), might be on his way to Benfica.

Any Dutch Gaffer´s mind sharing some thoughts on what kind of player he is?

Carbonox

So if we're missing out on both Giroud and De Jong then...

Fucking Newcastle best not settle for just keeping Ba (if even that is achieved) in that department as we desperately need a new striker, and not some piece of shit either. Cisse and Ba will fuck off in January (either to the ACoN or literally fucking off to another club) leaving us with who? The two amoeboid's? Gah.

K1LLER7

Fucking Newcastle best not settle for just keeping Ba (if even that is achieved) in that department as we desperately need a new striker, and not some piece of shit either. Cisse and Ba will fuck off in January (either to the ACoN or literally fucking off to another club) leaving us with who? The two amoeboid's? Gah.
Bebe or Macheda take your pick

dc89

WTS Adebayor & Santa Cruz.

Giroud to Arsenal originated from France Football. Seems like it's a go.

RedIssue reckon Arsenal are preparing for life without RVP but are still unsure on whether he will stay or not. If he doesn't sign they want him gone though.

Wilbur

Banned
If they're getting Podolski and Giroud they should sell. Having one or both as back ups is stupid, as is playing out of position.

Kyoufu

Can we get some strikers that won't be leaving for the ACoN? That would be nice. lol

Kem0sabe

He is a great striker, lethal in front of the goal. Here are all his goals this season and as a bonus here's one of those match summaries showing his involvement in the match.

Seems like Belgium and Holland are becoming choice markets for Portuguese clubs, we had some great buys last season.

Schaars and Wolfswinkel were amazing for Sporting last season.

Defour was a good buy by Porto.

And Witsel was the best player in the league last season for Benfica (in my opinion).

Dunno why Portuguese clubs keep going after shitty (for the most part) south Americans when there is so much talent in Europe (including a sub-21 national team who placed second in the world cup).

Bumhead

Banned

It's Ranger time.

Clegg

I wonder whats happening on the United front. We've signed Powell and Kagawa who both play in attacking positions. Kagawa is the only player that can make an immediate impact difference on the starting team though. Powell is only 18 and is definitely a signing for the future.

Left back and CM are our most pressing concerns. And getting Nani ti sign a new contract too.

kharma45

There are rumors of Manchester United wanting Thiago Alcántara. I obviously doubt Barcelona would sell him, tho.

Same rumour last year, he'll not be coming, Barcelona would be crazy to sell.

I wonder whats happening on the United front. We've signed Powell and Kagawa who both play in attacking positions. Kagawa is the only player that can make an immediate impact difference on the starting team though. Powell is only 18 and is definitely a signing for the future.

Left back and CM are our most pressing concerns. And getting Nani ti sign a new contract too.

In FM Powell is a lowly CM so could do a job there possibly, but I agree we need someone, like a Javi Martinez, to bolster our midfield.

LB should be sorted though I'd imagine with someone like Izaguirre.

Clegg

There are rumors of Manchester United wanting Thiago Alcántara. I obviously doubt Barcelona would sell him, tho.

I've heard that too but the rumour is obviously rubbish. United were interested in him last season but he signed a new contract with Barca.

Theres no way Barca would sell him anyway.

K1LLER7

There were the rumours of Modric and now he's apparently wanted by Madrid who if it comes down to money we wouldn't outbid. If there was a player I'd want at United who could possibly be available, i'd want Bale. But again, very unlikely.

elsk

Banned
PA-10124214.jpg

Moyes identifies Honduran as Baines replacement.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/18/everton-eye-celtic-star-emilio-izaguirre/

Everton boss David Moyes wants Celtic full-back Emilio Izaguirre to replace outbound Leighton Baines at Goodison Park. England international Baines is wanted by Manchester United and Moyes is resigned to losing the 27-year-old after Euro 2012.

The Scot has wasted no time in identifying Izaguirre as a replacement and will test Celtic’s resolve with a £7 million bid for the flying Honduran.

The 26-year-old joined Celtic from his home town club Motagua in summer 2010 and claimed both the SPFA Players’ Player of the Year and Scottish Premier League Player of the Year awards in his first full season in Scotland.

Celtic assistant boss John Mjallby claimed Izaguirre could become the finest left-back in world football if he continued to progress but the Honduran suffered a broken ankle last August, ruling him out of the first half of Celtic’s title winning season.

He returned to action in January and the star, who has 48 caps for his country, quickly reestablished himself in the team at Parkhead.

Cash-strapped Everton will only move for Izaguirre if Baines completes his move to Old Trafford. Although Celtic are reluctant to sell their number 3, a £7 million bid would represent a huge profit on the £600,000 they paid for Izaguirre and should be enough to see him complete a move to the Premier League.

Arnie

Whilst I don't doubt Izaguirre would make a great replacement for Baines, the link is 'caught offside', so must develop a thick layer of skepticism.

What's the latest on the Spurs job?

dc89

4 - David Silva is the player with the most assists in Euro finals history for Spain (Fabregas - 3). Magic.

@OptaJose

Arnie

4 - David Silva is the player with the most assists in Euro finals history for Spain (Fabregas - 3). Magic.

@OptaJose
It's strange because, as ive said, Silva has underwhelmed me at this tournament. He looks the least 'Spanish' if that makes any sense. I've seen him play amazing for Spain, and he's definitely capable of playing wonderfully in that system, but for some reason I feel he's finding it hard to revert to that Spanish style. For example I've seen him mishit a few simple passes.

dc89

It's strange because, as ive said, Silva has underwhelmed me at this tournament. He looks the least 'Spanish' if that makes any sense. I've seen him play amazing for Spain, and he's definitely capable of playing wonderfully in that system, but for some reason I feel he's finding it hard to revert to that Spanish style. For example I've seen him mishit a few simple passes.

A season with De Jong probably does that to you.

Wilbur

Banned

Same; I might have preferred Cazorla so far

Sky Sports News: Spurs in preliminary talks with Laurent Blanc

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/29bo8wm.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Odd to have it in the middle of the tournament

Wessiej

Ajax play a friendly against Celtic. I have no idea, but is that team anything these days? Might go, but I remember them from when they were good, but now? Don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom