• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
Sky Sports News: Spurs in preliminary talks with Laurent Blanc

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/29bo8wm.gif[IMG]][/QUOTE]

Was this reported on TV just now or is there a link? Last I heard Levy just got back to England and he had he's people get in contact with AVB's agent before he landed.

[quote="Arnie, post: 39001133"]Strange one. What do Spurs fans think about this? What's Blanc's club record?

Could be another Jacques Santini.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the names we're being linked with I'd prefer Rafa Benitez. I don't really want Blanc.

Arnie

Won the league at Bordeaux, 23 games unbeaten with France
That's fairly impressive, but not entirely convincing. Look at what AVB did at Porto, then look at his record with Chelsea. Seems like a bit of a gamble for me, although I'm sure Levys judgement is better than mine. Need to read up on Blanc before I can make a proper judgement (style, signings etc).

LegoArmo

Ajax play a friendly against Celtic. I have no idea, but is that team anything these days? Might go, but I remember them from when they were good, but now? Don't have a clue.

Good young team and they play some nice football. Should be a decent game, I wish I could go.

Was this reported on TV just now or is there a link? Last I heard Levy just got back to England and he had he's people get in contact with AVB's agent before he landed.

It was on SSN. Also,

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Sky Sports sources understand Tottenham are in preliminary negotiations with France boss Laurent Blanc. More on site soon.

And I posted this earlier.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
Re Blanc. As I wrote this morning, he's the top target. Has an agent but v much doubt he'll talk to #THFC until France are out of the Euros

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Best team in the SPL. I think they'd survive the EPL, but I could be wrong.

iOBonSWhhdfL3.gif

Arnie

near

Gold Member
It was on SSN. Also,

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Sky Sports sources understand Tottenham are in preliminary negotiations with France boss Laurent Blanc. More on site soon.

And I posted this earlier.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
Re Blanc. As I wrote this morning, he's the top target. Has an agent but v much doubt he'll talk to #THFC until France are out of the Euros

Crap. I don't like the direction we're heading in.

You're a top lad.

Seriously though none of these managers have a better record than Benitez, none. Okay AVB done the treble with Porto, but at the same time he's Premiership record and he's player relations at Chelsea make me doubt he can push us that extra mile. Blanc hasn't really achieved anything and it would be just another gamble. Martinez is the same manager that got he's arse whooped 9-1 by us. Rafa is our man if we must choose from that short short list.

Nice one, bud.

Jesus, Pardew looks like a fucking orange on the BBC.

Also, after watching Taxi Driver for the first time last night and then reading Daniel Taylor's bullshit analogy between Travis and Rooney on the guardian, based around their fucking hair cuts, I'm prepared to accept that he talks a bit of nonsense.

What did you think of Taxi Driver? One of my favourites :)

Bumhead

Banned
I think so.

I agree. At least looking at Celtic's squad as a list of names, there's some of those names who are distinctly Championship standard.

They'd probably survive because they'd win enough home games and after a couple of seasons the money would boost them, but I'd rank West Ham and possibly Southampton above Celtic's team at the moment, and Reading will spend this summer.

All hypothetical though, innit.

Crap. I don't like the direction we're heading in.

Seriously though none of these managers have a better record than Benitez, none. Okay AVB done the treble with Porto, but at the same time he's Premiership record and he's player relations at Chelsea make me doubt he can push us that extra mile. Blanc hasn't really achieved anything and it would be just another gamble. Martinez is the same manager that got he's arse whooped 9-1 by us. Rafa is our man if we must choose from that short short list.

I couldn't disagree more. Really dislike his style and how he operates in the transfer market.

Arnie

What did you think of Taxi Driver? One of my favourites :)
It's a properly magnificent film. Ambiguous ending, which I think indicated he was still in a coma. It's just another one of those films that people tell you to watch, and you don't think it'll live up to the hype, but it does.

Next up is The Deer Hunter, my brothers got it on blu-ray.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a properly magnificent film. Ambiguous ending, which I think indicated he was still in a coma. It's just another one of those films that people tell you to watch, and you don't think it'll live up to the hype, but it does.

Next up is The Deer Hunter, my brothers got it on blu-ray.

Didn't like The Deer Hunter save one scene and a few performances. But shan't go into detail as not to put you off.

Hopefully Croatia and Italy win tonight

Arnie

Didn't like The Deer Hunter save one scene and a few performances. But shan't go into detail as not to put you off.

Hopefully Croatia and Italy win tonight
I'll give my opinion in a couple of days. Think it's my brothers favourite film so he'll make me watch it regardless.

Pissed that I can't watch both matches, but to be fair, as much as I've loved Italy this tournament I'd rather grate my own ball sack than watch Ireland of my own volition.

near

Gold Member
I couldn't disagree more. Really dislike his style and how he operates in the transfer market.

How he operates in the transfer market is better than how Harry operates.

Morientez, Reina, Agger, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Torres, Mascherano, Lucas, Skrtel.. I could go on.

Besides levy wants to restructure the club so we have a footballing director, and word is its Tim Sherwood that's getting a promotion.

How he operates in the transfer market is better than how Harry operates.

Morientez, Reina, Agger, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Torres, Mascherano, Lucas, Skrtel.. I could go on.

Besides levy wants to restructure the club so we have a footballing director, and word is its Tim Sherwood that's getting a promotion.

Not sure we should be comparing his record to the guy we just sacked. But Harry wasted a lot less money on shit players than Benitez.

LegoArmo

I agree. At least looking at Celtic's squad as a list of names, there's some of those names who are distinctly Championship standard.

They'd probably survive because they'd win enough home games and after a couple of seasons the money would boost them, but I'd rank West Ham and possibly Southampton above Celtic's team at the moment, and Reading will spend this summer.

All hypothetical though, innit.

How many Celtic games did you watch last season? Southampton, for example, have a couple of ex-Celtic players who failed miserably in Scotland and start for them regularly

Celtic's squad is easily better than a team like Norwich or Wigan, too, and more on par with a team like Sunderland, but with actual strikers, in my opinion.

Surviving in the Premier League is very difficult though, and teams with better squads than Norwich and Wigan have been relegated this season, anyway.

Yen

Celtic's squad is easily better than a team like Norwich or Wigan, too, and more on par with a team like Sunderland, but with actual strikers, in my opinion.

Surviving in the Premier League is very difficult though, and teams with better squads than Norwich and Wigan have been relegated this season, anyway.

They evidently are better than the delegation sides, if Norwich and Wigan stayed up, and the relegated three didn't.

LegoArmo

They evidently are better than the delegation sides, if Norwich and Wigan stayed up, and the relegated three didn't.

That's not exactly how it works. There's a lot more to football than the players you put out on the pitch. Lambert worked miracles with that Norwich team

Blackburn had Steve Kean, Wolves had some nobody, and Bolton's squad was destroyed because of injuries.

Hixx

Winning a game you p much HAVE to win to keep your CL qualification hopes alive in FM... so good.

Fuck you all for getting me back into it.

Feorax

BPLTransferNews ‏@BPLTransferNews
Liverpool have opened discussions for Seydou Doumbia #LFC

I fucking hate silly season twitter bullshit...

ohgodpleasepleaseplesaeplease!!!!!!

BPLTransferNews ‏@BPLTransferNews
Liverpool have opened discussions for Seydou Doumbia #LFC

I fucking hate silly season twitter bullshit...

ohgodpleasepleaseplesaeplease!!!!!!

I share your sentiment. Would love to see him leave CSKA. Honda and Dzagoev too for that matter.

How good is he if you don't mind me asking?

He's pretty damn good. Had 37 goals in 51 appearances and basically single-handedly took CSKA into the knock out stages of the Champion's League. He's quick, has excellent ball control and is pretty damn clinical. Had a great partnership up front with Vagner Love before they sold him off and I think he could work well with Suarez too. I don't see CSKA letting him go for cheap though.

K1LLER7

Haha busquets.

Silva/xavi/iniesta not doing much. Had a lot of the ball not created much.

I'd take silva off for fabregas or mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom