• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Free? That's pretty good, although I'm surprised they're not charging for it to boost their revenues in time for FFP. LFC charge 45 quid a year for theirs, I guess it must be successful as it's been that price for years and it's never changed.

I'm guessing they'll get sponsors for the channel.

... ok man, you're right as always then!

lol

The hell is your problem? We're probably buying Schieber, who has played as striker most of his career and would be playing as striker for us. He's not a LW just because he had to play it for 10 or something matches in Stuttgart. And how is it a bad thing that he can play as LW, too? I'd rather have a striker who can actually play football than some other striker that left Stuttgart.

spidye

Next: soap opera starring Balotelli and Aguero

oh yes
Balo.jpg

DRAMA!

Fry

lol

The hell is your problem? We're probably buying Schieber, who has played as striker most of his career and would be playing as striker for us. He's not a LW just because he had to play it for 10 or something matches in Stuttgart. And how is it a bad thing that he can play as LW, too? I'd rather have a striker who can actually play football than some other striker that left Stuttgart.

lolololololololol

elsk

Banned
lol

tumblr_m41dceVOeC1r0mg87o2_250.gif

So going by your logic, Alaba is still a CM.

Free? That's pretty good, although I'm surprised they're not charging for it to boost their revenues in time for FFP. LFC charge 45 quid a year for theirs, I guess it must be successful as it's been that price for years and it's never changed.

Yea, I know AVTV charges the same amount. I'd love to check it out, but I'm skeptical as to how much I'd use it. Maybe I'll try it next year.

I'm guessing they'll get sponsors for the channel.

sponsors? Ethiad is the only sponsor they need.

Hixx

Phil Dowd might have to retire after failing a fitness test.

Also as we're talking about club website 'TV' stuff, we (season ticket holders) get ours free next season, which is great.

tumblr_m41dceVOeC1r0mg87o2_250.gif

So going by your logic, Alaba is still a CM.

Love that gif, that's the Hoeneß I got to know and love in the last two seasons :)

Are you seriously trying to talk Schieber into being a LW? Like seriously? Lewandowski played half of last season as CAM and he did quite well as striker this season considering he actually was a CAM by your logic. Now he's a striker again, I guess?

The_Joker

You guys buying BOTH? I think De Guzman is very possible but the russians rarely let players go no?

yes...apparently both... i think that de zeeuw could help us ... de guzman always seemed to be a really good talent but he never made the real breakthrough so i think he would be a risk...

Still trying to become Holland SV :p ?

we only have one player from holland and he is here on loan... your argument is invalid :D

elsk

Banned
Love that gif, that's the Hoeneß I got to know and love in the last two seasons :)

Are you seriously trying to talk Schieber into being a LW? Like seriously? Lewandowski played half of last season as CAM and he did quite well as striker this season considering he actually was a CAM by your logic. Now he's a striker again, I guess?

I'm not saying he shouldn't play as striker, I'm saying he looks more like a winger than a striker to me. He obviously can play both as LW or ST quite well.

Well, Odense have good chances to finish ahead of Bröndby in the league. Looks like getting rid of Stephen Andersen didn't help Bröndby at all.

The replacement for Stephan Andersen at least hasn't taken over the tradition of bottling it in every important match. But yeah... The replacement is not exactly world class, but he isn't Wessels bad. :p

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Woodenlung, You support Coppenhagen right?

And bjaelke, you support Bröndby?

I'm sorry

Brøndby fans are celebrating.... They even celebrated when FCN scored against them last round as it meant getting in front of Copenhagen.

Schieber gets my seal of approval, although de Jong would, potentially, pose more of a threat to Lewandowski and maybe moderate him a bit in his self-assessment (as a coming top striker..which he is, undoubtedly...lol). And de Jong is already a more complete, consistent striker and could inherit Lewandowski's striker spot when he leaves us in 2013 :(

But than he'd be more of a (financial) gamble too. At least we know what we get with Schieber and Klopp can polish the shit out of him so I'm happy desu.
Third backup should probably be someone from the reserves (Boyd, Ducksch) as Ginczek will probably want to go to some minor BL team to have more playtime.

Kenka

The replacement for Stephan Andersen at least hasn't taken over the tradition of bottling it in every important match. But yeah... The replacement is not exactly world class, but he isn't Wessels bad. :p

Brøndby fans are celebrating.... They even celebrated when FCN scored against them last round as it meant getting in front of Copenhagen.
Maybe you guys should go for Rensing or Kraft ? They are both honestly a bit better than average. Should be enough to give confidence to your defence at least.

Otherwise, you may try to hire some youth keeper in Germany. It did wonders for Stuttgart, Gladbach and Leverkusen.

FUCK. Nearly Horsens goal again.

haha. I am loving this.

Well you can especially thank Grindheim for this entertainment. Worst player in the Copenhagen jersey for years. How can that fattie get matches for Norway? JEBUS

Maybe you guys should go for Rensing or Kraft ? They are both honestly a bit better than average. Should be enough to give confidence to your defence at least.

Copenhagen got Wiland who is fantastic. If he stays then we need no replacement, Rensing and Kraft are probably also way out of our league when it comes to wages.

The extra income from the Champions League and winning the league, topping the money for TV revenue, etc. should make 2011-2012 loss much smaller. Still a ways to go to be profitable though undoubtedly. These figures put that $6-7 billion loss on 1 trade by JP Morgan Chase in perspective though. Yikes.
City won't make a profit for at least 10 years.

I'm very interested to see how they get around FFP. I'm sure they will, I'm just interested to know what the plan is.

bjaelke

Yay! I'm going to make a point to start watching the smaller leagues closer. It's hard enough being over here and following the larger leagues, but it seems like fun. (And I want an excuse to discuss the sport more).

I'm cheering because Copenhagen is losing the title (15 min left). That's how fun the league is :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit at the song in the first video :lol :lol

Damn, how many times did he set the strikers through only for them to miss?
He'll fit right in! -__-

HE'S COMING HOME BABY!
More like kidnapping him but let's not dwell on technicalities

And no worries, Cavani is clinical.

Every week City spend £403k more than United on wages. Chelsea spend £712k more than United on wages per week.

Every week United pay £250k in debt related payments.

De-press-ing.

BTW, Lucas Moura is learning English, might be of interest to some of you. Wouldn't surprise me if he came to these shores soon...though I'd still put money on Real Madrid. Absolute star in the making that lad. Brilliant player.

Kenka

Oh yes Wiland ! I wish he was Sweden n°1. I was actually refering to Bröndby when talking about Andersen. I wonder also why he hasn't moved to a bigger league.

BTW, Lucas Moura is learning English, might be of interest to some of you. Wouldn't surprise me if he came to these shores soon...though I'd still put money on Real Madrid. Absolute star in the making that lad. Brilliant player.

I got him for Newcastle on FM. Damn that guy is good!

I'd love to see him in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom