• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

faridmon and legoarmo are my new favourite posters as they talk sense

oh and thewednesday/matc but hes almost always been my favourite

yenrot is my new worst poster and from here on out my arch nemesis #2 in football gaf because he dislikes sunderland
bring a latex suit, cape optional, out on the green on monday nights

Wilbur

Banned
More heart than most defenders in the league!

Never forget

john-terry-diving-header_o_GIFSoup_com1.gif

Slizz

Serious question: If any highly player decides to join Man City, do you guys actually think he went for the money?

Or rather money only?

Hard to tell. Money probably has a big something to do with it, but the way the club seems to treat its players is also a good indicator. Nice facilities, etc.

Bumhead

Banned
Yeah, so kick those 6 out into a european league

I would in a heartbeat. If the "elite" clubs (arf) are so desperate to break away and form a super duper mega league so they can strum each other's banjo strings every week then they should go ahead and do it.

And when it happens, I'll wait in hope that our national game can return to a competitive and sustainable playing field again, fair and affordable for the every day family, instead of the corporate, money bloated and unsustainable, over sanatised sham it is now.

immy

Banned
The Premier League would make no money whatsoever then.

so?

I would in a heartbeat. If the "elite" clubs (arf) are so desperate to break away and form a super duper mega league so they can strum each other's banjo strings every week then they should go ahead and do it.

And when it happens, I'll wait in hope that our national game can return to a competitive and sustainable playing field again, fair and affordable for the every day family, instead of the corporate, money bloated and unsustainable, over sanatised sham it is now.

Amen

Wilbur

Banned
they can strum each other's banjo strings every week

Don't even joke about it man.

So there would seemingly be no incentive for being promoted into the top league, none of the best players would come and see someone like Newcastle competing with the top teams and join them because they'd all be chasing the super league.

I wouldn't want to see that at all, I like my domestic football.

faridmon

And I don't have the benefit of living in the same time zone as everyone!

Although, mostly I post needless updates to my FIFA 12 career as I play with Molde and Barcelona B against Barcelona and Manchester City.

Stop being blinded by the hype and Media. Go for Vålerenga, Tromsø or even Lillestrøm for the Lols.

Molde have one or two good players, but they are not worth all the hype they are getting. Won the League for the first time in 100 years or so? Because the=y used to be shit, and now they are decent. In fact, Tromsø should have won it last season if they didn't pull a Man U.
Well of course not like Liverpool

http://i.imgur.com/2cYDE.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iMj35nFmuIymX.gif[IMG][/QUOTE] I don't think I was serious at that time. Me going for Liverpool over Chelsea? Over my dead body...
[spoiler] Just for your information, my brother is a Chelsea fan, so its not I have smoe sort of hate towards them or anything, Their fans are absolute shite though. Scum is any existed[/spoiler]

Kem0sabe

So close to the Euro and so little talk about it...

Portugal vs. Germany...

i´m expecting a tight draw Germany + referee 2 : Portugal 2

Slizz

So close to the Euro and so little talk about it...

Portugal vs. Germany...

i´m expecting a tight draw Germany + referee 2 : Portugal 2

Well there is a separate thread for the EURO's in OT full of discussion if you haven't ventured in there. Unfortunately this is a barren wasteland since most of the seasons and cups are all wrapped up, instead its filled with transfer talk and whose clubs penis is bigger than others.

Please stay though =D

I really want Portugal to do well but they have such a tough group.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.imgur.com/m3KYZ.gif[IMG]

From the funny pic thread.

What a defender.[/QUOTE]

Cannavaro-2006.

[quote="HixxSAFC, post: 38163347"]faridmon and legoarmo are my new favourite posters as they talk sense

oh and thewednesday/matc but hes almost always been my favourite

yenrot is my new worst poster and from here on out my [I]arch nemesis[/I] [B]#2 in football gaf[/B] because he dislikes sunderland [spoiler]bring a latex suit, cape optional, out on the green on monday nights[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I'd be immensely disappointed if I'm not #1.

Slizz

We need to go deeper.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkufZomw1qzd219o1_500.gif[img][/QUOTE]

In all seriousness I think a good way to tell if the club you support is big or not is to ask people with no interest in the sport and in a different area of the club at hand, if they've heard of the club.

Kem0sabe

Well there is a separate thread for the EURO's in OT full of discussion if you haven't ventured in there. Unfortunately this is a barren wasteland since most of the seasons and cups are all wrapped up, instead its filled with transfer talk and whose clubs penis is bigger than others.

Please stay though =D

I really want Portugal to do well but they have such a tough group.

Going to check the other thread as well. Pretty excited about the tournament. Already planned a venue to watch all the game i can with my friends. I love these big football events :)

Think it's gonna be ronaldo's euro. 2-1 ronaldo both goals.

^ I've got a fan on and its blowing hot air :(

Let´s hope his ego doesn´t implode. Yesterday i was watching the news and they were talking about his latest interview in the Spannish media... he was rating his season as a 10 and his team as a 9. Oo

faridmon

Now now, Don't flatter yourself!

In all seriousness I think a good way to tell if the club you support is big or not is to ask people with no interest in the sport and in a different area of the club at hand, if they've heard of the club.
I think I may have taken that penis part quite literally, but sure, that is good way to measure things around here. However, I was not referring to the casual watchers for a reference point of the the clubs relevancy.

Stop being blinded by the hype and Media. Go for Vålerenga, Tromsø or even Lillestrøm for the Lols.

Molde have one or two good players, but they are not worth all the hype they are getting. Won the League for the first time in 100 years or so? Because the=y used to be shit, and now they are decent. In fact, Tromsø should have won it last season if they didn't pull a Man U.
I don't think I was serious at that time. Me going for Liverpool over Chelsea? Over my dead body...
Just for your information, my brother is a Chelsea fan, so its not I have smoe sort of hate towards them or anything, Their fans are absolute shite though. Scum is any existed

I'm just playing as Molde because of the #OGS hype. It's gone now, but I got used to playing as them, and they are fun in FIFA. I'll check some of the other teams out though. It is a lot more fun to play as some of these Scandinavian teams rather than Real Madrid, Chelsea, and ManUtd.

Serious question: If any highly player decides to join Man City, do you guys actually think he went for the money?

Or rather money only?

I don't think it's the case for most good players joining City, it's quite clear the club is going to win quite a few trophies in the near future. Though in the case of Hazard who desperately wants first team football, City is certainly the less interesting choice, he could walk into the other squads thanks to his reputation whilst City have a profusion of wingers/attacking midfielders.

Kem0sabe

Concerning transfer talks. Anyone else agree that the hotest item in everyone´s list is Falcao from Atletico Madrid?

Last season with Porto, this season with Atletico, hes proving to be the best CF playing in Europe atm.

Slizz

Concerning transfer talks. Anyone else agree that the hotest item in everyone´s list is Falcao from Atletico Madrid?

Last season with Porto, this season with Atletico, hes proving to be the best CF playing in Europe atm.

Falcao, Hulk, Hazard. The big 3 I think.

Wilbur

Banned
Cannavaro-2006.

I better be in his top 20.

I can't see him going for much less than 50m.

faridmon

I think he made it quite clear that he is staying for at least another year.

Marco Fabián with the 2-3!! Please don't buy him Europe. :( Please don't.

Haha, now you know how I live throught the summer.

I'm just playing as Molde because of the #OGS hype. It's gone now, but I got used to playing as them, and they are fun in FIFA. I'll check some of the other teams out though. It is a lot more fun to play as some of these Scandinavian teams rather than Real Madrid, Chelsea, and ManUtd.

Play as Tromsø IL. They are quite exciting and have arguably the best attcking option in Norway. and they always play free-flowing football with a strong attacking intent. However, as a Vålerenga fan, I would advise you to chose them
if you are playing FiFa 08

Kem0sabe

I would rate him higher than Higuain and Hulk at least, when speaking about forwards that might be on the move. I had the pleasure of seeing him several times last year with Porto, and hes simply amazing.

Personally would like to see him with Vilas Boas at Liverpool, would do much to improve my favorite club from the EPL. :)

Meier

I think some of you guys would shit bricks if you learned how expensive it was to attend sporting events in America.

Many college football teams cost $300-500 for season tickets (6-7 home games) and can require hundreds or thousands of dollars in donations to even be eligible to buy them (after sitting on a waiting list). And that's not even a pro sport! Lol.

faridmon

Personally would like to see him with Vilas Boas at Liverpool, would do much to improve my favorite club from the EPL. :)

Don't give them
dreamy
ideas now. They might hear you.
Why would anyone pay for Junior Hoilett? He's a free agent.

Listening to Football weekly, one of them mentined that there is a strog rumor that is floating about which might be that the reason Steve Kean is still there, because he convinced the venkys that he can make Hoilett sign a new contractual deal.

Bumhead

Banned
I think some of you guys would shit bricks if you learned how expensive it was to attend sporting events in America.

Many college football teams cost $300-500 for season tickets (6-7 home games) and can require hundreds or thousands of dollars in donations to even be eligible to buy them (after sitting on a waiting list). And that's not even a pro sport! Lol.

That is pretty crazy. On the flip side though, I once paid the equivalent of £3 to watch a Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox baseball game. I know it's only baseball but.. it's still a full evening out for a top level game in the sport and at a fantastic stadium for so little money. And for what it's worth I enjoyed watching the sport itself so much that for £3 I went back and watched it a second time a few nights later.

The problem with the price of football is the sports origins have always been with the working classes. Football used to be the recreation of the every man and it just isn't anymore. Too many people have been priced out of the game over the last 20 years.

Yea, that's why I wish I lived in England. I would only need to follow one sport, and the tickets would be cheaper than the ones I have here for multiple sports teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom