• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Massive coup for Swansea seeing as they're on the verge of signing Sigurdsson permanently. There's no way other teams didn't put in offers but I guess he wants to stay at Swansea. Kudos to him.

PaulLFC

Atr92G_CQAAJm4l.jpg:large

It's Martinez, then.

pulga

Banned
Why? (genuine question)

I always prefer watching over reading.

Million reasons to, there's so much glorious detail in the books not even mentioned in the show.

Plus, the book doesn't make Arya a well pampered faux granddaughter at Harrenhal.

ATF487

If the rumors about AVB's terrible man management are true then I'd rather have Martinez. It is sort of sad that the Liverpool job isn't a heavily coveted post at the moment.

Hope Benitez gets some work, too.

Why? (genuine question)

I always prefer watching over reading.

Because you get so much more in depth with the characters, and with the way he uses perspective throughout the book with each chapter being from the PoV of a different character you see the world in a way you couldn't otherwise. Plus, you can learn about a lot of the secondary characters and they all are extremely interesting. There is so much in those books that HBO just doesn't have the money to give it all justice, and all of it deserves justice.

Also, I prefer reading to watching because I like to see things the way I do, and I almost always think the choice for characters, or setting direction isn't as good as the way I saw it.

Yen

He looks very tropical. Btw, Maynor Figueroa (left back) is free agent, would you guys want him to join with Martínez?

Not particularly. I'd take McCarthey and *maybe* Moses, except he has no end product whatsoever, but he is fun to watch.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck it... it's Martinez.

Could have been worse. Given time I think he'll be good but still should have had more to prove rather than just saving Wigan every year. If he was comfortably finishing top 12 with that squad then yeah.

Wilbury, you totally look like a younger Tim Schafer

just that you know

So I have just been told there as well. I don't think it's a compliment haha!

Wilbur

Banned
Can we all say happy birthday to Bob Dylan by the way today please, in light of Awesome Animal's pilfering of my avatar the least you can do is congratulate my one true love (sorry Yurt) for reaching 71.

And earlier he said his decision will focus on his playing position. United won't be playing him as a number 10, Chelsea needs a number 10 and City could make him a number 10 but there's plenty of competition for the spot. Chelsea has a nice chance of Hazard now I reckon.
If United sign him he will play as the #10.

Wilbur

Banned
Can someone give me predictions for the results for the tournament of euro 2012?

Poland and Russia, Germany and Netherlands, Spain and Italy, France and England

Then Germany beat Russia, Netherlands beat Poland, Spain beat England and France beat Italy. Then Germany beat Spain and France beat Netherlands. Then Germany beat France.

Don't sweat it, Schafer is an amazing man. I'd take it as a compliment. ;)

His beard is damn impressive

oh wilbury.

Also fuck the very last bit of MP3. Just fucjjf9jf-9af-k0fkq

tell em you clicked

Hixx

Elmohamady's twitter just linked an article saying Arsenal have bid for him.

That boy is off his rocker, he reckons he knocked back Spurs to sign for us as well. Mental.

And no Wilbury I did not fucking click you weirdo. nemesis #3

TeegsD

Polga has left Sporting.

polga1.jpg

Thank you for the 9 years of service to the club.

He will be sorely missed. I had only been paying lots of attention to soccer when I was 9ish and he's been around for most of it. Thanks for the dedication Polga!

João Pereira has been sold to Valencia for 3.7M. Terrible deal, we should have got at least 5M.

Why oh why didn't we wait til after the Euro's so that we could get more money for him. We can't spend more money if we are too stupid to get more.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't see Spain winning it again without David Villa. He's so underrated :/

They'll miss Puyol as well.

I can't see past Germany winning it. I think out of the big boys Italy and France are dark horses, while Croatia and Denmark have the potential to shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom