• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
b8VDp.jpg

It's nice to want things.

Carbonox

Hmm, Alan Smith has been offered a coaching role at Newcastle but he's turned it down so that he can continue to play on. He is only 31 mind you. Still, it's great to finally be shot of him.

Peter Lovenkrands will also be leaving. Shame, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him and he's better than Leon Best (though he's leaving too). This leaves us with 3 strikers so a new one is very much needed.

Lot of players will be going from Newcastle.

bjaelke

Since no one answered, I created a new league called FootyGAF.

125046-29350

There might already be a NeoGAF-league somewhere so I tweaked the name a bit.

http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com
Snoopen already set up a league in the EURO thread.
Fantasy instructions
1. Sign up here - http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/
2. Pick your squad (the players selected % is a good assistant - check out who is getting picked)
3. Click leagues tab
4. Click join a league
5. Click private league
6. Click next
7. 121901-28627 is the classic ladder league
124143-29051 is the H2H league
8. Update your team before right before the tourney starts and regularly check to ensure you maximise points.

Salazar

Just reporting the bid. We've always been the prominent bidder. Just have to hope that obvious determination along with an adequate bid does the trick.

Choc

Banned
RDM for 3 months

Pep :p

but could Chelsea seduce Pep? I put Liverpool ahead of Chelsea in those stakes due to the history and the fact its somewhat broken club he can fix

Pep at arsenal is perfect though imo

FootballFan

Bjaelke - :eek: Pep to join Madrid and beat us 5-0 in the Nou Camp :(

Not really. But I'd like to see him at Arsenal if he were to join a team now.

Just joined both of Snoopen´s leagues. First time playing fantasy football :)

How does it work exactly? the competition

Players get points for scoring/assisting, keeping clean sheets, tackling a lot etc. So you pick the players you think will do well. Then the person who had the best performers will have the most points. I don't play fantasy football so I am not 100% sure but that is the main gist of it. Right guys ?

AtsMF9ECQAAfHUH.jpg:medium

Pretty much proof. Or its the most elaborate photoshop of all time as they've done it from 2 angles.

I used to work around that area. I used to have to take the S bus all the time to work. I remember my trips through Aventura in order for me to get to work, lovely scenery. I could of course have taken a shorter route to work but the scenic trip through Aventura was a beauty. Man, I miss those days, cant wait to move back. Screw you England and your bad weather 98% of the time.

Carbonox

Silly media dipshits who claimed Newcastle turned down contract talks with Ba, DESPITE Pardew saying they're ongoing. Now Demba Ba has himself said on Twitter that while he's on holiday, his agent is sorting out a new contract with the club.

Carbonox

Eredivisie GAF, How is Roberto Rosales of Twente? His agent has said that Newcastle are interested. He's one of many right backs we're looking at, though I'd rather have Debuchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom