• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

AA, Jong Kook is a ballad/pop singer. Korean women of a certain age go crazy for those arms.

And he is a champ on Running Man. Hilarious guy.

Messi

Of all the Barca kits I own. I have never been able to find my two favourite barca kits on sale, the seasons where we used them I was way too fat to wear even a xxl, I was a 5xl :/. I was always too heavy to buy kits until 2 years ago so I never had my hero on a kit. Today I fixed that.

I bought this with Ronaldinho on the back

ronaldinho_barcelona_duze.jpg

I love the sponsorless Barca kits.

The other kit I love is:

Ronaldinho+Pic+22.jpg

I'd buy an XXL in that in a heartbeat.

Wilbur

Banned
On FIFA Liverpool just signed Kagawa. NOOOOOOOOOO

Other moves include Modric to Barca, Ozil to Milan, Doumbia to City and Brad Jones to Hull

K1LLER7

On FIFA Liverpool just signed Kagawa. NOOOOOOOOOO

Other moves include Modric to Barca, Ozil to Milan, Doumbia to City and Brad Jones to Hull
Finished the season with United, I bought Bale, Kagawa, Neymar, Muniain, Shaqiri, Verrati and abate.

City got sneijder, Tottenham got Vidic, Newcastle got Nani and smalling.

FIFA manager mode gets boring after a while.

Of all the Barca kits I own. I have never been able to find my two favourite barca kits on sale, the seasons where we used them I was way too fat to wear even a xxl, I was a 5xl :/. I was always too heavy to buy kits until 2 years ago so I never had my hero on a kit. Today I fixed that.

I bought this with Ronaldinho on the back

ronaldinho_barcelona_duze.jpg

I love the sponsorless Barca kits.

The other kit I love is:

Ronaldinho+Pic+22.jpg

I'd buy an XXL in that in a heartbeat.
I have these kits. So beautiful. Got a short and long sleeve Ronaldinho one, one of the best kits ever IMO.

Here is my Fantasy Team.

Keepers: Lindgaard, Isaksson
Defenders: Cole, Bonucci, Höwedes, Fábio Coentrão, A. Berezutski
Midfielders: M'Vila, Modrić, Götze, Marchisio, Strootman
Forwards: Benzema, Llorente, Lewandowski

Slizz

Can Euro's start already? Had a look at the opening schedule and there is at least 1 awesome match-up for like 5-6 straight days.

Is the Copa del Rey today at least?

dc89

There are quite a few problems with this.

I'll try to find time to go into them in detail later on but in short, City made a loss of £196m this year. They need to reduce that by £100m in two years (since some of their spending doesn't correlate to FFP rules). It would truly be a miracle if that happened and that should be obvious to most anybody. Based on way too many generous assumptions (for example Nike paying a further £20m in 2 years. Why would they unless City are slipping them something? It would make no business sense for them, they'd probably make a loss on that deal.)

Edit - Seems like he thinks City could actually pass FFP with this years figures...weird.

I am no financial expert.

---

Fifa announce a new insurance policy that will cover players injured on international duty and provide clubs around the world with a maximum annual payout of $9.7m (£6.1m) per player. The payouts for any injured player will vary from individual to individual depending on the size of their salaries but the maximum daily amount payable on an injured player will be $27,000 (£17,200) a day, FIFA's secretary general Jerome Valcke told delegates. The policy will cover an injured player for a maximum of one year.

BBC.co.uk

snoopen

anyone remember the name of that song from the 1990s, female singer with a video clip of indoor soccer. quite vague but i can't figure out much more than that.

PaulLFC

Okay, thinking of adding a live updating tweets section to the OP, and it can be carried over into OT1 for next season if transfers are still ongoing. Using Twitsig to save the latest tweets as images, it updates automatically. Something like this:

BBCSport.jpg

SkySports.jpg

Plus other twitter accounts. Worth a section in the OP?

Salazar

anyone remember the name of that song from the 1990s, female singer with a video clip of indoor soccer. quite vague but i can't figure out much more than that.

I'm trying to think of a pop song that is like a cross between the Cranberries and the Corrs. That is to say, the woman can totally sing, but there is a bit of wailing. It was playing on the radio at indoor last night, and it's driving me mad. Pretty sure it's an Irish accent. Don't think it's Sinead.

Hixx

Okay, thinking of adding a live updating tweets section to the OP, and it can be carried over into OT1 for next season if transfers are still ongoing. Using Twitsig to save the latest tweets as images, it updates automatically. Something like this:

BBCSport.jpg

SkySports.jpg

Is there any way to have an image without the eyesore background? If so, all for it.

PaulLFC

Is there any way to have an image without the eyesore background? If so, all for it.
If I can find another site that does live updating images, I will do. At the moment I've only found Twitsig, which only has the one design (unless you pay $50 for a custom design).

BBCSport.jpg

SkySports.jpg

I like the idea, but agree with Hixx...that twitter background makes the text hard to read.

PaulLFC

There are a couple more backgrounds, but strangely enough, no blank background option, and no custom background image unless you pay. The other free ones:

bbcsport-m.png

bbcsport-fs.png

Is that second one any better? Closest to a blank background we're going to get, I think.

Kem0sabe

Here is my Fantasy Team.

Keepers: Lindgaard, Isaksson
Defenders: Cole, Bonucci, Höwedes, Fábio Coentrão, A. Berezutski
Midfielders: M'Vila, Modrić, Götze, Marchisio, Strootman
Forwards: Benzema, Llorente, Lewandowski

Starting 11:

Rui Patrício Goalkeeper
Zhirkov Defender
Lahm Defender
Chiellini Defender
Cahill Defender
Sneijder Midfielder
Polański Midfielder
Nigel de Jong Midfielder
Ibrahimović Forward
Cristiano Ronaldo Forward
Gomez Forward

Subs:

Tzorvas Goalkeeper
Diarra Midfielder
Gibson Midfielder
Kjær Defender

Any recommendations?

I'm not going to put myself down as a total fan, because some of their stuff bugs me.

But fuck, man. Dreams is a super legit pop song,

It's been stuck in my head since the Cranberries were mentioned. :)

Starting 11:

Rui Patrício Goalkeeper
Zhirkov Defender
Lahm Defender
Chiellini Defender
Cahill Defender
Sneijder Midfielder
Polański Midfielder
Nigel de Jong Midfielder
Ibrahimović Forward
Gomez Forward

Subs:

Tzorvas Goalkeeper
Diarra Midfielder
Gibson Midfielder
Kjær Defender

Any recommendations?

Play around with it a bit. You'll find some real value in some players. Always worth grabbing defenders who can score goals on set pieces becuase they'll get a ton of points for it, and they also get points for clean sheets and stuff. But, take what I say with a grain of salt because I suck at FF. :)

PaulLFC

Okay, so far we've got this in the OP:

GAF Transfer News Centre (These images will update with the latest news from Twitter each time you visit this post or refresh the page)

bbcfootball1-fs.png
skysports-fs.png
guardian_sport-fs.png

guillembalague-fs.png
tonybarrettimes-fs.png
philmcnulty-fs.png

Any suggestions for other accounts or sports sites from outside the UK to add?

fuenf

Starting 11:

Rui Patrício Goalkeeper
Zhirkov Defender
Lahm Defender
Chiellini Defender
Cahill Defender
Sneijder Midfielder
Polański Midfielder
Nigel de Jong Midfielder
Ibrahimović Forward
Gomez Forward

Sell Gomez, if not at least follow the Germany friendlies closely up until the Euros. His starting spot is in no way guaranteed. I would say there is 40% chance Klose starts as CF ( 35% Gomez, 15% Podolski, 10% Reuß)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom