• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think about starting 3 CBs ( Boa, Hum- Bad) and using Lahm as a slighlty more foward playing right or leftback.
I really don't know. That's what we're doing now too, I don't think Höwedes was supposed to act as an offensive-minded wingback. I guess this is how we could end up playing anyways.

hummels_2tgcal.gif

I missed the goals we conceded, but I'm sure we'll see in the post-game analysis will reveal that Hummels wasn't the one to blame for the first goal. Or maybe only to some small extent..

/edit
1 goal: look at freaking Höwedes and Merte. Merte decided to go out and Hummels wanted to secure for him and this is why the Swiss played could be between Schmelzer and Hummels - it's all due to possession loss in the midfield and then the slow backtracking by Höwedes.

2goal: again posession loss, Höwedes + totally Merte..

You can't even clearly blame Schmelzer.

elsk

Banned
He is naturally a DM, but was put as CB this season because he has the best defensive skills on his team. Even as CB though, he would still occasionally move upfield and get involved with offensive plays after intercepting a pass for instance. For Spain (both for the U-21s and the regular team) he plays as a midfielder.
Imo, if a team has a strong defensive line, it is more advantageous to use him in midfield as he can hold the game further upfield, distribute the ball well, has quite a bit of pace and good ball control for a 1.90 m defensive player.

Sounds great. Thanks for the info, I hope we end up signing him.

fuenf

the crazy thing about this game is that with all the Bayern players gone, it doesnt seem that any of the players wants to step up and gain a starting spot, strange. I mean, if anything the bench players should be extra motivated. It's easy to say that some Bundesliga teams should have more national team starters but then their players have got to step up, too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm going to assume Lichtsteiner played a role in all three goals, and had nothing to do with Germany's goal!

It's Löw's fault too.
Götze has no business in central midfield and if he takes out Khedira, he should bring one of the Benders.
Merte is horrid and should be sent home and Jantschke or some other proper wingback should come into the team.
Also as for the subs, he should've done:
- Bender for Khedira
- Gündogan for Özil while Götze goes to Özil's position (if at all)

gottverdammt_2ji7fz.gif

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
ROCKING ALL OVER THE WOORRRRRRRLLLLLLD!

Jesus christ we really had to do it the hard way today.

To anyone who watche the playoff final who doesn't normally see league 1, I apologise it's not normally that bad :p

Having said that, no League 1 football for me next season! And when I'm back home I get to work some Championship games :D

WE'RE HUDDERSFIELD
WE'RE GOING UP
WE'RE HUDDERSFIELD
WE'RE GOING UP.

FUCKIIIIING GET IIIIN.

GQman2121

Banned
I've been unable to watch any games today. I'm shopping for a wedding gift and being fitted for a new suit. Any major highlights? I saw that Hulk scored.

Konosuke

Interesting, Ronaldo is playing as a 2nd striker now with Nani and Quaresma as wingers. Hopefully that will mean more shots on goal.

elsk

Banned
wtf is wrong with Schmelzer. Is he only good against Robben? Does he need Kevin by his side?

All the Dortmund players look like shit when they don't have Klopp telling them what to do. That shows how important Klopp is to their team, unlike Bayern where the players are in some degree more important than the coach.

Salvadora

Is it true that Hazards agent is looking for a £6m fee for his part in the transfer deal?

Thats outrageous imo.

I posted a Telegraph article saying that. It also said that Hazard is his only major player so that could be one of the reasons why.

fuenf

Will be really interesting to see who's going to be cut. Draxler looks great tbh,
i think it's clear that one GK and Cacau are as good as gone. I wonder, though, if Götze / Merte (both dont seem to be anywhere near match fitness) or both Benders could end up being the odd man out.

wtf is wrong with Schmelzer. Is he only good against Robben? Does he need Kevin by his side?

The fourth goal is a co-production by him and ter Stegen. If a keeper comes out he's supposed to catch the ball. But yes, he can't really function with someone like Podolski. He needs someone to support him like Großkreutz, Müller or Draxler do.

/edit
What a joke...

fuenf

The fourth goal is a co-production by him and ter Stegen. If a keeper comes out he's supposed to catch the ball. But yes, he can't really function with someone like Podolski. He needs someone to support him like Großkreutz, Müller or Draxler do.

/edit
What a joke...

Yeah i mean, i wanted him to succeed because Lahm needs to play as RB but he just doesnt seem to be "there" yet.

Is it true that Hazards agent is looking for a £6m fee for his part in the transfer deal?

Thats outrageous imo.
Yeah it's a madness.

Club policy towards agents fee's is quite interesting actually. It's been mentioned by some that City tell quite a lot of their players they will pay the extra agents fee in the players wage packet and the two can sort it out themselves, not sure if that is actually the case of course.

United have stopped paying agents fee's for contract renewals also. (This IMO goes some way to explaining Bebe).

Clegg

Yeah it's a madness.

Club policy towards agents fee's is quite interesting actually. It's been mentioned by some that City tell quite a lot of their players they will pay the extra agents fee in the players wage packet and the two can sort it out themselves, not sure if that is actually the case of course.

United have stopped paying agents fee's for contract renewals also. (This IMO goes some way to explaining Bebe).

Agents are an absolute blight to football.

What do we think about Kagawa?

United to increase the bid next week?

Wessiej

Starting #11 against Bulgaria

----------------------------Krul------------------------------
Van der Wiel----Heitinga------Mathijsen--------Willems
---------------Van Bommel---Nigel de Jong------------
Van Persie---------------Sneijder--------------Van der Vaart
---------------------------Huntelaar--------------------------

LegoArmo

Huh?

Bumhead

Banned
Holy shit, not stopped laughing at United since the play-off final finished.

Losing out on automatic promotion to us then losing the final at Wembley. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. Ghahaha.

Agents are an absolute blight to football.

What do we think about Kagawa?

United to increase the bid next week?
Yep, the problem is clubs themselves have led to that. Certain clubs/managers become very friendly with certain agents, they get a priority on the agent's clients and in turn pay nice agent's fee's or then insist of said agent's involvement in transfers. Jorge Mendes is of course that type of agent in the case of Man United (and Real Madrid too). Everyone is after a benefit of their own and that gives the agent a degree of power.

Would assume we raise the Kagawa bid soon enough. Probably to somewhere in between the original bid and their asking price. Seems like agreeing the fee is the only remaining stumbing block, would have thought we agreed terms with him a while ago.

elsk

Banned

Would make a BIT more sense to use Robben as RW and not RVP :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom