• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter is the worst thing to ever happen to transfer season. Shit is just made up on the fly, a journalist is duped into retweeting it and then you have a brand new transfer story without a shred of actual truth to it.

EG I'm just after reading that Arsenal have agreed a fee with Dortmund and will discuss personal terms with Kagawa in the next week. When the guy was asked about hoe he came about this info he just said that he "knew a lad in Germany."

Shits ridiculous.
:lol

Twitter ITK's deserve no attention whatsoever. I only trust a select few journalists on there. I feel especially sorry for Arsenal fans, they had some Twitter accounts more or less announce M'Vila's signing. When M'Vila said yday he didn't know where he would go or anything about a possible move they were saying "Just got a bollocking from AFC, tells you everything you need to know about M'Vila".

I mean, seriously? Lol.

Moobabe

Thanks, the one thing I'm worried about mainly is price of an open return from London. Think it's like 80 quid apparently. Would that be the best way to do it or just buy a single on the day you're going, then buy a single on the day I'm returning?

It's best to check - I've got a YP railcard so it's not too bad for me at all. But an 80 quid open return sounds a lot - I'd just price it up now and have a think. Are you going to spend most of your time in Exeter or are you going to pop into Devon or Cornwall?

Carbonox

It's best to check - I've got a YP railcard so it's not too bad for me at all. But an 80 quid open return sounds a lot - I'd just price it up now and have a think. Are you going to spend most of your time in Exeter or are you going to pop into Devon or Cornwall?

I'll be staying in Exeter the entire time. No railcard either. :\ I'd have to go from my town (Stevenage) to King's Cross, then from there go to Paddington, then get that train to Exeter. It might be best to just get an open return from Stevenage and return on the Monday/Tuesday, cos that would be a fixed price, plus it apparently covers tube as well? Travelling can be such a bitch, even in this country when it comes to planning. :lol

Thanks, the one thing I'm worried about mainly is price of an open return from London. Think it's like 80 quid apparently. Would that be the best way to do it or just buy a single on the day you're going, then buy a single on the day I'm returning?

Megatrain? I know for certain they go from Waterloo to Exeter.

Yen

Surprised Kelly has never played CB, think it'd actually be better for him, very strong and tall, goes about his work very efficiently.

He started of as a CB but Liverpool were lacking a RB against Lyon way back. And he dominated (and then got injured). Plays at CB for England-U21s.

Kenka

They had to play without the Bayern players, that's what happened ;)
I can't even begin to understand how Germany went under like a rock in a lake. The players didn't find any harmony, which is pretty worrying if you ask me.

I mean Klose didn't do crap, that's nothing usual.

Clegg

:lol

Twitter ITK's deserve no attention whatsoever. I only trust a select few journalists on there. I feel especially sorry for Arsenal fans, they had some Twitter accounts more or less announce M'Vila's signing. When M'Vila said yday he didn't know where he would go or anything about a possible move they were saying "Just got a bollocking from AFC, tells you everything you need to know about M'Vila".

I mean, seriously? Lol.

The worst thing is when these ITK's try to back themselves up as being legit. They'll mahe a clain like "Arsenal agree fee with Dortmund". People will ask about the validity of their source. He'll say it's someone who works at Dortmund or Arsenal.

Then 20 minutes later he'll say that his sorce got his info wrong and that no agreement has been reached.

Yen

The only thing worse than the Mars ad is the Sharp/ITV clips. "In the playground, I thought I was John Barnes. But obviously...*looks sad, voice cracks*...I wasn't"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom