• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Even though England are winning... this is the same shit that we've become accustomed to for years now. England getting dominated in the CM by a (supposedly) inferior side. France are getting the lube ready as we speak. Gerard is completely anonymous as always.

QF for England at best.

EDIT: Gerrard outta nowhere.

England's wide players always take so long to do anything with the ball...and all they ever do if shift it and just whip it in. If you're going to do that you need to have a perfect delivery, like Beckham.

Empty

thankfully this won't be our starting defense in the euroes

hopefully walcott will play ahead of milner too but roy probably loves the latters workrate

LegoArmo

England's wide players always take so long to do anything with the ball...and all they ever do if shift it and just whip it in. If you're going to do that you need to have a perfect delivery, like Beckham.

The more creative wingers are either on the bench, or not in the squad. People like Johnson and Sturridge are less conventional, but they do more with the ball.

Probably less without it, though.

You've also got players like Lennon who doesn't even seem to be in the picture, and of course Young, who can do a lot more with the ball.

The more creative wingers are either on the bench, or not in the squad. People like Johnson and Sturridge are less conventional, but they do more with the ball.

You've also got players like Lennon who doesn't even seem to be in the picture, and of course Young, who can do a lot more with the ball.

I'm not sure Sturridge will ever be trusted at international level in a starting capacity

Clegg

Yea on FIFA

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I'm slightly concerned about Wilshere. He's picking up injuries very easily. He's out now with a different to the one that originally sidelined him right? Thats never a good sign. Reminds me of Owen Hargreaves.

I don't like seeing talented footballers careers being ruined due to injury.

flyover

cool, hope he gets on in the 2nd half.

england need a #10 like silva/Ozil. Rooney will probably have that role but when he isn't playing, who'll play that role? young today but he isn't the best for it IMO.

Not optimal, but Milner would be better there than out on the wing, if Roy really wants to play him.

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I'm slightly concerned about Wilshere. He's picking up injuries very easily. He's out now with a different to the one that originally sidelined him right? Thats never a good sign. Reminds me of Owen Hargreaves.

Maybe he's not injured at all?!

Clegg

Adam Johnson would offer no improvement. In fact, he'd probably be worse than what England already have.

He's been nothing but mediocre for City.

Set to come back for pre-season apparently, who knows lol

God I cant wait till he comes back fit, we've missed him :(

LegoArmo

Adam Johnson would offer no improvement. In fact, he'd probably be worse than what England already have.

He's been nothing but mediocre for City.

He has more technical ability, and would offer something diferent than the run down the wing, and whip the ball in style of play, is what I'm saying.

Might not be an improvement, but a good option to have, I think.

It might actually be a bit of a trend in English football that the more gifted you are, the less you help the team tracking back, and pressing. Players like Milner might be shit, but he works hard, really hard, because he has to.

Empty

i hope gerrard isn't this off the pace in the actual euroes as we can't exactly drop him now he's captain

that wasn't that good, though thankfully not bad either, i think there's promise in playing young off carroll, even if it means young almost playing as the main striker at times when carroll drops deeper to link up play.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gerrard has been really, really poor for the last 20 mins. He looks like he's playing with an injury or something.

He's looked like that for months. His injuries and years of carrying his team are catching up with him.

Seb Larsson lookalike on Eurovision.

That was crap IMO. Midfield and defence very flat. Full back's not getting forwards much, wingers running in straight lines. Young's been okay, only one who has or has been given the liscence to roam.

GorillaJu

Young in the second striker role isn't half bad. He and Carroll are linking up pretty well. Looks like they just need that extra support from the wings or the midfield to finish off the attacks.

Milner should have cut back to Carroll instead of having a go. He was wide open.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
well that was abysmal, my hopes were not high but there is something depressing about watching England play.

K1LLER7

Young in the second striker role isn't half bad. He and Carroll are linking up pretty well. Looks like they just need that extra support from the wings or the midfield to finish off the attacks.

Milner should have cut back to Carroll instead of having a go. He was wide open.

Should try Chamberlin behind the striker, put walcott on the right wing and Young on the left.

Thought it was surprisingly good from England considering the expectations, had a poor Norway win easily at home but Carroll-Young partnership worked decently. England looked better when they played long to Carroll.

danwarb

England did have slightly more possession in the first half according to the BBC. This is a Hodgson side though, so they'll drop very deep out of possession. No pressing in the opposition half.

England did have slightly more possession in the first half according to the BBC. This is a Hodgson side though, so they'll drop very deep out of possession. No pressing in the opposition half.

Used to be so infuriating having to wait up to a minute just for a player to attempt to win the ball

GorillaJu

He was doing well before that risky tackle. Getting forward at the right times and a few nifty balls through to Young.

Yeah, which is why I think he might have picked up a knock.

His injuries are definitely catching up to him.

Also I hate my current apartment. Just killed another fucking cockroach. This time I actually had some spray killer. I'm not sure if the Japanese stuff is extra good but I barely got half a spray on it while it was running full speed and it still keeled over and died in about 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom