• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even begin to understand how Germany went under like a rock in a lake. The players didn't find any harmony, which is pretty worrying if you ask me.

I mean Klose didn't do crap, that's nothing usual.

Klose did his part. He can't service himself, now can he?

What's so hard to understand? This team and (especially this defense) never played together like that. Additionally Löw decided to test some players' fitness (Mertesacker, Götze). He also decided to test some players out of their positions (Götze as CM, Schürrle as RA, Höwedes as RWB).
Both of the questionable players failed hard. In Götze's case it's more understandable because he played out of position and never really had a fit or proper 6er by his side (Khedira wasn't fit either, just like Özil).

So even if some Bayern fans keep repeating that the national team can't function without the Bayern players (like a bunch of parrots), in reality it's because Löw tends to go nuts in games without (or with a few) Bayern players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nice goal. Even Hangeland thought he was going to do a Fifa finesse shot.

1-0 young

untitled-1o7l96.gif

Kozak

Banned
He was a beast during those days. He's dribbling skills and the way he scores goal with the outside of his foot is ridiculous. Basically he had a lot of flair to his game just like Ronaldo. His problem lies with his personality, dude is a twat. He also lost most of his confidence when he went to Inter. It's a damn shame.

I swear if he focused less on doing this and more on helping his team win he wouldn't be such a mediocre player.

One of the worst players in Besiktas' team.

Fëanor

Was playing Fifa 12 and I was facing a Man City player, and well it went down like this...

I'm sure he thought I was going to rage quit after it went down 2-5 at half time. NEVER! muahahah!!! Still fucking best comeback ever in my time playing Fifa 12.

Empty

we always look so bad when we try and build a move through a packed defense. looked best when we've just chucked it up to carroll tbh.

madmackem

OMG ENGLAND ARE GONNA WIN THE EURO'S!!!!!!!!!!

The media cant fucking wait to build the hype train again. Itv dude just said puts the long ball thing to bed, after 30 mins your ready to jump to that. You can see it now we will look good in these build up games they will all be priasing woy then we will lose the first game then they will be on his back. Its one thing the english media are good at hounding england managers.

Ah, Milner should have done better once he sold the defender. Nice ball through from Young.

From this it seems Roy wants to do what I think is best for England. Have them sit back and play on the counter attack with pacey players breaking from deeper. Whether it'll work or not I don't know, most teams will probably over-run us...but I do think it's a fools errand getting this England team into a position where it can control games.

Clegg

Normally I'd say that one game shouldn't be used to judge a player.

But I'll forget that for a second. Milner is wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom